NBA Season (18-19)

Johnny23

Reaction score
Bulls need to try harder tanking for Zion. The way we're playing we're going to miss out on Barrett or Reddish too. We need t get it together and go on a historic losing streak.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Anthony Davis Sweepstakes is officially on.

Do the Lakers swing a deal before Boston can enter.

Note: Boston can NOT trade for Davis with Kyrie still on the roster with his current contract. They will either have to trade Kyrie, or wait till Kyrie either resigns or walks

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The Anthony Davis Sweepstakes is officially on.

Do the Lakers swing a deal before Boston can enter.

Note: Boston can NOT trade for Davis with Kyrie still on the roster with his current contract. They will either have to trade Kyrie, or wait till Kyrie either resigns or walks

No way I give up our (Lakers) entire young core (prob 4 guys + KCP) plus draft picks for AD.

Kuzma
in my opinion. can be a 25-28 ppg scorer in time. He has that fearless Kobe killer like trait. He's shown it in games. Ball was playing his best before injury. Zubac can play. Will only get better. Ingram just needs to get more weight on. He's only 21, still developing. Hart has been inconsistent, has been dealing with an injury, but he is tough, can score and one of our better defenders. Plus, we'd have to include KCP to make the salaries match. And now you'd prob add 1 or 2 1st rnd picks also.

If AD was Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime, do the trade. I dont see that killer instinct in his game. Maybe he's more like a Tim Duncan. Ok.

But this team still wont have the ammo to beat GS in the playoffs with Lebron & AD, plus whoever is left.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way I give up our (Lakers) entire young core (prob 4 guys + KCP) plus draft picks for AD.

Kuzma
in my opinion. can be a 25-28 ppg scorer in time. He has that fearless Kobe killer like trait. He's shown it in games. Ball was playing his best before injury. Zubac can play. Will only get better. Ingram just needs to get more weight on. He's only 21, still developing. Hart has been inconsistent, has been dealing with an injury, but he is tough, can score and one of our better defenders. Plus, we'd have to include KCP to make the salaries match. And now you'd prob add 1 or 2 1st rnd picks also.

If AD was Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime, do the trade. I dont see that killer instinct in his game. Maybe he's more like a Tim Duncan. Ok.

But this team still wont have the ammo to beat GS in the playoffs with Lebron & AD, plus whoever is left.
They will still have cap space to land a guy like Kemba. AD, Kemba and Lebron probably makes them the favorites in 2019/20. They would still have Hart who would be a nice role playing starter in that type of team.

I could see them pulling the trade of with giving up two of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma with picks. No one else is probably gonna be willing to match that until Boston can get in. And there are no guarantees Boston gets in when they can

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Kuzma

And if they did swing a trade for AD, I would a months pay on Kemba signing with LA. He would be the perfect fit for that team and that would be the opportunity he has been waiting for. Could even see him taking a sub max if he had to

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
And if they did swing a trade for AD, I would a months pay on Kemba signing with LA. He would be the perfect fit for that team and that would be the opportunity he has been waiting for. Could even see him taking a sub max if he had to

Myself rather have KlayThompson if Leonard/Durant won't sign. Boston can have AD, gut your roster for him. Pelicans will want a big return for AD.

ghst187

Reaction score
Off subject but been watching the Harden tear lately but game tonight seriously will he get 30 again. With six to go in the fourth he had 25 points on 7 of 27 FG?!?!?!!?
Cmon man!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Darth, what from the Celtics would you give up for AD?
Tatum, Hayward, Kings and Grizzlies pick

Would rather give up Brown than Tatum, but that's not getting a deal done

Id give them both up if there was an avenue to add a 3rd star thats not Al Horford or Gordon Hayward

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Id give them both up if there was an avenue to add a 3rd star thats not Al Horford or Gordon Hayward

NO will want more.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NO will want more.
Who knows what they wind up actually getting. Every team wants the moon and stars for their star player. More times than not no one is willing to give it up

Few teams have the assets to give them what they want. And that doesnt mean they will give it up.

If they want Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac and an FRP and the Lakers dont bite, what do they do. And then ask for Tatum, Brown and the Kings and Grizzlies pick and the Celtics dont bite, what do they do then? Let him play out his contract?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Unless one of those 2 picks jump to #1-4, I don't see that as a very enticing offer. Still think the best offer is Kyle Kuzma and Lonzo Ball plus filler (filler is likely Ivica Zubac and a 2019 first)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NO will want more.
Plus AD wont give Boston assurance he will sign with them. That kills his value to us. What Ainge will give up for him without that is far less than what they will want

Celtics really arent in this dance like the media wants them to be

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless one of those 2 picks jump to #1-4, I don't see that as a very enticing offer. Still think the best offer is Kyle Kuzma and Lonzo Ball plus filler (filler is likely Ivica Zubac and a 2019 first)
Thats probably the best Boston will offer without assurances Davis will resign. If they do get it, I could see a package including both Tatum and Brown. But it doesnt look like he is going to give them that assurance.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Thats probably the best Boston will offer without assurances Davis will resign. If they do get it, I could see a package including both Tatum and Brown. But it doesnt look like he is going to give them that assurance.

I don’t know, this year just hasn’t gone Boston’s way in that everyone except Tatum has less trade value than they did a year ago. I honestly don’t know how much of an asset Heyward is, but Brown, Rozier and the Kings/Clippers pick don’t seem too enticing.

The Memphis pick could become something since it becomes unprotected in 2021, but that is a ways off. And you can’t rent Anthony Davis at the expense of Tatum

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t know, this year just hasn’t gone Boston’s way in that everyone except Tatum has less trade value than they did a year ago. I honestly don’t know how much of an asset Heyward is, but Brown, Rozier and the Kings/Clippers pick don’t seem too enticing.

The Memphis pick could become something since it becomes unprotected in 2021, but that is a ways off. And you can’t rent Anthony Davis at the expense of Tatum
We really arent very high in the running at all. And we can't make a deal until Irvings contract officially expires as they are both "designated players" whatever that means.

There are also alot of rumblings that Kyrie may actually leave. So we have to figure that out before even considering a move for Davis. And I don't think Ainge will let Kyrie hold him hostage

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Who knows what they wind up actually getting. Every team wants the moon and stars for their star player. More times than not no one is willing to give it up

Few teams have the assets to give them what they want. And that doesnt mean they will give it up.

If they want Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac and an FRP and the Lakers dont bite, what do they do. And then ask for Tatum, Brown and the Kings and Grizzlies pick and the Celtics dont bite, what do they do then? Let him play out his contract?

Trade him during next season prob.