NBA Season (18-19)

visionary

Reaction score
I said ahead of time when the Lakers signed LeBron that he will be in decline *and* that he will start to have injuries. Its what older plays do.

Lebron won’t play more than 120 games the rest of his career. Just watch.

LeBron is bigger in his mind than any coach. The team won’t attract a good coach and their team chemistry is doomed while he is there.

The first part of your post I don't agree with at all, i.e. How many games he will play

But the second part about coaching is spot on

I've said this for years about him
He thinks he doesn't need coaching and that's why he's not gonna have 6 rings

Even Michael understood that he needed coaching
Just imagine MJ without Phil
He's not getting 6 rings

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Embiid throws a vicious elbow, gets called for a foul, Philly fans chant "a**h**e" at the refs. Can't wait until it's ruled flagrant, it obviously was, and the frustration builds.

I don't even care about the NBA. I just enjoy angry Philly fans. :igglestrophy:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Embiid throws a vicious elbow, gets called for a foul, Philly fans chant "a**h**e" at the refs. Can't wait until it's ruled flagrant, it obviously was, and the frustration builds.

I don't even care about the NBA. I just enjoy angry Philly fans. :igglestrophy:

He made a basketball move and it happened. He didn't punch the guy in the face. It was an accident. 30 years ago that's not even a personal foul. Lol

Sensitive fans..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He made a basketball move and it happened. He didn't punch the guy in the face. It was an accident. 30 years ago that's not even a personal foul. Lol

Sensitive fans..

Speaking of sensitive fans, I'm not sure why anyone joins a fan board of an opposing team then gets his feelings hurt when his team is criticized.

That's a foul in any era, by the way. "Basketball move". :muttley:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Speaking of sensitive fans, I'm not sure why anyone joins a fan board of an opposing team then gets his feelings hurt when his team is criticized.

That's a foul in any era, by the way. "Basketball move". :muttley:

Haha. Did you think my feelings we're hurt because I respinded to your post?

All good here, thank you for being concerned though

And yes..a basketball move. Bigs are always taught to keep the ball high and he was making a spin/drop step move to the basket and the defender caught an elbow.

Betcha dollars to doughnuts there's no fine from the league because it was..obviously..an accident.

And dude. Idk how old you are but back in the 70s and 80s there was stuff going on worse than that, that was a simple personal foul or sometimes just a "play on". Lol

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
So...when the Lakers land a top 4 pick in the draft so they can facilitate an Anthony Davis trade can we all agree that the NBA lottery is rigged or at the very least influenced?

At this moment in time, there's no way that AD will sign a long-term deal to stay in LA if he is indeed traded there and I, for one, don't think he gets moved there. The Pelicans don't want to keep him in the West and would much prefer to only see him twice per year rather than having to battle him & his team for a playoff spot year after year. Not to mention that the Lakers organization is a big pile of dog turd at the moment, they don't have a president or coach and they have really crappy assets to facilitate a trade of this caliber. My opinion, he gets traded to a team in the East. Leaning towards Boston, obviously, as they have the best trade assets to offer, or the Knicks depending on how the lottery balls fall.

I honestly have no interest in anything other than Golden State

Maybe this sounds ignorant of me but does anyone believe any team in the east is finals material because I dont

If Smart can get back in time for part of the Buck's series, Boston has always played GS well. In fact, they blew them out on their own court this year and lost in the final seconds to them at home. Obviously, just my opinion but the only team that can match up with GS is Boston. Pending that Marcus can return as he's a defensive nightmare.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
looks like there will be ZERO round 1 upsets.
that is pretty blah.
very few R1 series have even been watchable:(
alas, that should change in round 2 or one can hope.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The wave goodbye was a nice touch.

PG13 called it "a bad shot" and it was...... by a bad man :cool:.

Probably sour grapes after losing the series 4-1. Dame is 66% for the series from 30'+ and 39% for the season on 30'+ shots. Which is better than Paul George is from the 3 pt line.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Q: Who's the happiest guy in America today?

A: Enes Kanter - Despite suffering a separated shoulder, Kanter got revenge against Billy Donovan who called him "Can't Play Kanter", and would never have been on Portland's roster if he hadn't been released by the Knicks who are the worst team in the league. Both Donovan and the Knicks are recipients of the "Kanter Karma".

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Q: Who's the happiest guy in America today?

A: Enes Kanter - Despite suffering a separated shoulder, Kanter got revenge against Billy Donovan who called him "Can't Play Kanter", and would never have been on Portland's roster if he hadn't been released by the Knicks who are the worst team in the league. Both Donavan and the Knicks are recipients of the "Kanter Karma".

Kanter after the game tweeted "Can play Kanter". I just assumed it was because the Donovan never played him and had no idea he (Billy) actual said "Can't Play Kanter". Haha Kanter's tweet is on point now that I understand the back story.