NBA Season (18-19)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
FINALLY! Nail biter in Oklahoma City. By day, Philly was overcome by Harper hysteria, but it was the Sixers' two newly acquired stars that shined last night.

Harris and Butler helped the Sixers snap a 19 game losing streak to the Oklahoma City Thunder in a 108-104 win at Chesapeake Energy Arena. It's looking very Sunny In Philadelphia!

Last time the Sixers beat the Thunder was Nov. 15, 2008. Courtesy to Elton Brand.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Big game for the Lakers tonight also because Clippers vs Kings tonight. Lakers could make up some ground in the playoff picture with a win.

Bucks vs Lakers
Friday, Mar. 1, 2019 • 10:30 PM ET
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA
National TV: ESPN
Local TV: FSWIS, SPECSN
Radio: 620 AM/103.3 FM WTMJ, 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES

Let's go Lakers!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Big game for the Lakers tonight also because Clippers vs Kings tonight. Lakers could make up some ground in the playoff picture with a win.

Bucks vs Lakers
Friday, Mar. 1, 2019 • 10:30 PM ET
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA
National TV: ESPN
Local TV: FSWIS, SPECSN
Radio: 620 AM/103.3 FM WTMJ, 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES

Let's go Lakers!

Lakers are going nowhere till Walton's fired. Worst Laker coach alongside Byron Scott.

T-RO

Reaction score
Lakers are going nowhere till Walton's fired. Worst Laker coach alongside Byron Scott.

Lakers are going nowhere period. LeBron plays no defense, nor do most of the other players. They have worse team chemistry than the Steelers and much of that is due to James himself, who has became quite a ******.

And their front office has no clue whatsoever.

This will be six straight years not making the playoffs and there is no sunshine on the horizon.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
It might be a coaching problem, but if it is coaching, how and why were they in 4th place before James got hurt, followed by trade rumors and the youth couldn't get back on track in time for a playoff run. On the bright side Ingram seems to be playing more aggressively lately. :(

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Lakers are going nowhere period. LeBron plays no defense, nor do most of the other players. They have worse team chemistry than the Steelers and much of that is due to James himself, who has became quite a ******.

And their front office has no clue whatsoever.
main
This will be six straight years not making the playoffs and there is no sunshine on the horizon.

Because Walton is a passive coach. Before Lebrons injury, the team was playing D. Now, they don't even care, mainly as a result of Walton. Disagree about the front office.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lakers never made sense since signing LBJ.
Tried to go from young ascending team with young homegrown coach to Title contenders based on adding LBJ alone.

All the reasons I've stated for months as to why they had to re-shape the roster has played out.

They'll can Walton but it does zero to address real issues which are so many guys said hey you can win without me? ok, go ahead and win without me.
LBJ is coming off as the worst hypocrite.
He moved to LA to engage in movies/shows/music and is talking down to these kids who have little else but basketball going while commercials play about LBJ's side projects lol.

What Magic should do is trade LeBron!! lol.
Crazy as it sounds that's what I would do.
35 wins last year, 30 thus far this year. Shockingly bad.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yea, and everyone has landed in the top 3 in draft at least once during this time...except one team :(
The Mavs have such bad lotto luck that I am ready to put on a tin foil hat. :(
Spent a full year admitting to a full on hardcore tank to land at 5.
Had to add an additional 1st just to get to pick 3.
Brutal... now all that's left is hope they can tank into top 5 or lose the R1 to ATL.

I literally hate this mess, but it is what the NBA has become.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The Mavs have such bad lotto luck that I am ready to put on a tin foil hat. :(
Spent a full year admitting to a full on hardcore tank to land at 5.
Had to add an additional 1st just to get to pick 3.
Brutal... now all that's left is hope they can tank into top 5 or lose the R1 to ATL.

I literally hate this mess, but it is what the NBA has become.

what!? you guys picked in your slot in 2017 and 1 slot lower in 2018. sucks, but nothing i would consider bad luck.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
what!? you guys picked in your slot in 2017 and 1 slot lower in 2018. sucks, but nothing i would consider bad luck.
I am talking entire history. The Mavs had an 11 win team then drafted 4th. When 4th was like a 1% probability.
They have basically never emerged from the lottery with a win versus expectation. EVER.

They got Dirk at peanuts because the league hated Euros back then.
But they have had really crap luck with just the Lotto itself.
They built up through Finley, Dirk, Nash. Guys not coveted as top 3 picks.

The last top 3 picks who hit were Mark Aguirre back in the 80s then Jason Kidd whom they eventually traded for Nash.

That's in their entire existence.

The last 2 drafts have been great because they outdrafted slot.
DSJ fell too far coming off injury and Luke should have gone 2nd at worst.
But again they paid a premium to move up for Luka after a full year long tanking they admitted publicly to the point Cuban was fined.
---------------------------

AFAIK the Mavs have had top-six odds only six times since the NBA lottery was implemented in ‘85. Here’s how it went for them:

‘91 - 6th worst record, 6th pick
‘92 - 3rd worst record, 4th pick
‘93 - worst record, 4th pick
‘94 - worst record, 2nd pick
‘98 - 6th worst record, 6th pick
'18 - 4th worst record; 5th pick

So 6 bottom 6 finishes and a total of -6 picks in Lotto luck.

T-RO

Reaction score
Because Walton is a passive coach. Before Lebrons injury, the team was playing D. Now, they don't even care, mainly as a result of Walton. Disagree about the front office.

I LAUGH at the Lakers...and those who believe in them. And I laugh at those who think coaching can fix it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I LAUGH at the Lakers...and those who believe in them. And I laugh at those who think coaching can fix it.
I vacillate between feeling sorry for Lakers fans and giggling at how hopefully entitled they are.
The every year Dream Team edits and nonsense wear on me because of how unrealistic it is.
But the Lakers have suffered enough to humble anyone sane.
This is like Campo era stuff and the Lakers deserve to be managed properly.
They are a flagship team.

Mgmt there has to do better.
I grew up loving Magic. Was Lakers over Celts every day and DAL didn't have a team yet.
But my man has got to manage better.
A cohesive plan to build a roster has to be more than make the flashiest moves and get the biggest names we can.
Lonzo Ball was a good prospect but he was not a top 2 prospect. Not in today's NBA and not with that shot.
The fact he was from Cali and had so much attention made him a WORSE fit in LAL than basically anywhere.
If/when he wasn't immediately great it was going to be this colossal failure.
And shooting takes years to fix at NBA level.
But you can win with him in the modern position-less game using motion offenses and ball movement.
Where is he least effective? As a spacing player playing off a Iso-gawd like LBJ.
Any NBA team would sag off him and use his man to double frequently.

T-RO

Reaction score
I vacillate between feeling sorry for Lakers fans and giggling at how hopefully entitled they are.
The every year Dream Team edits and nonsense wear on me because of how unrealistic it is.
But the Lakers have suffered enough to humble anyone sane.
This is like Campo era stuff and the Lakers deserve to be managed properly.
They are a flagship team.

Mgmt there has to do better.
I grew up loving Magic. Was Lakers over Celts every day and DAL didn't have a team yet.
But my man has got to manage better.
A cohesive plan to build a roster has to be more than make the flashiest moves and get the biggest names we can.
Lonzo Ball was a good prospect but he was not a top 2 prospect. Not in today's NBA and not with that shot.
The fact he was from Cali and had so much attention made him a WORSE fit in LAL than basically anywhere.
If/when he wasn't immediately great it was going to be this colossal failure.
And shooting takes years to fix at NBA level.
But you can win with him in the modern position-less game using motion offenses and ball movement.
Where is he least effective? As a spacing player playing off a Iso-gawd like LBJ.
Any NBA team would sag off him and use his man to double frequently.

I grew up a Lakers fan. I went to UCLA at the height of the Lakers showtime with Magic. I was a Lakers fan when Shaq and Kobe starting winning titles. But half-way through Kobe's run I got really sick of them and the Mavericks became a fun and classy alternative.

I get turned off by a lot of the guys in the NBA now and LeBron is one of the guys that rubs me wrong. I enjoy watching him flop in L.A. It amazes me that fans think he won't age! It amazes me even more that the L.A. ownership and front office thought building around him at this point was a good idea.