NBA Season: 2020/2021

Flamma

Reaction score
Sixers blew a 26 point lead…lol. Couldn’t happen to a better team or city.

I was listening to Philly radio and they're roasting them. Not just for blowing the lead, but how they did it. Several players were avoiding taking shots when it was crunch time. They kept passing it off.

I heard a ridiculous stat. I think they said the past 20 years. I actually forget how many years, but it was a lot. When the Sixers were up by 25 points or more in any game they were 165-0. So something really special had to happen to blow that lead that late in the game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
C's swapping Kemba and #16 for Horford and Moses Brown. There were sexier trades thown around, but Horford deal is much more manageable and Brown is an interesting prospect inside with starter upside. Be interesting to see if they do still move Smart, or of Smart is now the starting PG

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was listening to Philly radio and they're roasting them. Not just for blowing the lead, but how they did it. Several players were avoiding taking shots when it was crunch time. They kept passing it off.

I heard a ridiculous stat. I think they said the past 20 years. I actually forget how many years, but it was a lot. When the Sixers were up by 25 points or more in any game they were 165-0. So something really special had to happen to blow that lead that late in the game.
They are a beta team. Embiid is the only talent they have with any dog in him, and even is probably better off as a #2

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Sixers should have been done w/Atlanta last week. When you see a player like Ben Simmons who makes millions, miss 10 free throws, it really makes one wonder if the NBA is fixed as well. What is it with these Atlanta franchises lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Sixers should have been done w/Atlanta last week. When you see a player like Ben Simmons who makes millions, miss 10 free throws, it really makes one wonder if the NBA is fixed as well. What is it with these Atlanta franchises lol.
Ben Simmons missing 10 FT's is anything but surprising lol. He might be the worst shooter in the NBA. He is just under 33% percent FT shooting in the playoffs

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
NBA Insider Reveals Kristaps Porzingis And Luka Doncic Do Not Like Each Other (msn.com)

Guess we'll probably see Porzingis on the move soon. I always assume the prima donna stuff was over blown and I guess it's not.

I know he doesn't like playing center and carrying the extra weight. Sad part for him is while Dallas is a much better organization, NY seemed to finally get their stuff together after dealing him...more like a hitting rock bottom situation, not implying addition by subtraction.

lukin2006

Reaction score

I saw a post about large leads blown…doc rivers teams the last few years have blown a lot of large leads…he must not adjust well.

Flamma

Reaction score
I saw a post about large leads blown…doc rivers teams the last few years have blown a lot of large leads…he must not adjust well.

You know, he put 4 bench players out there in the 4th which ignited the comeback. He put the starters back in when the lead was down to around 13. It was probably not a good idea to rest most of the players all at once like that.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Man Trae Young is the truth. Hawks probably liking trading Luka eventhough he's a monster too.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Man Trae Young is the truth. Hawks probably liking trading Luka eventhough he's a monster too.

Trae is the worst thing to happen to pro basketball in..forever. His jumping into people to get foul calls with no intention of trying to make the bucket looks cringy. He's an embarassment to the game and we will see how well he does now that they are making a rule change because of the kiddie **** he pulls that they aren't gonna call anymore. Luka is 10x the player Trae is.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Embid is the best player in the NBA dude lol
I wouldn't say that. To me he is in the top 10 somewhere, but definitely not the best. I dont think he is a guy that is winning a championship as a top option, which is why I say he is bettee off as a #2

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. To me he is in the top 10 somewhere, but definitely not the best. I dont think he is a guy that is winning a championship as a top option, which is why I say he is bettee off as a #2

I mean..

#1. If he's a top 10 player in the league then he's definitely not a #2 option.

#2. The talk is if he wouldn't have missed the amount of games he did he probably would've won MVP over Joker.

No offense but I don't know how much you've watched him this year. He's no #2. He's the definition of an alpha dude. All of his numbers show that. Offensively and defensively.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean..

#1. If he's a top 10 player in the league then he's definitely not a #2 option.

#2. The talk is if he wouldn't have missed the amount of games he did he probably would've won MVP over Joker.

No offense but I don't know how much you've watched him this year. He's no #2. He's the definition of an alpha dude. All of his numbers show that. Offensively and defensively.
It all depends on what mean as a #1. I don't see him as a #1 on a championship team. Those are guys I consider legit #1's. Granted that leaves ALOT guys out. I do think he could be a 1A type guy in the vein of what Harden is doing now. But as the top option on a team, I dont see a team ever going further than the ECF with him as their top option. The only time he was remotely close before this year when he had Butler

I dont really disagree with what you are saying, but I just consider what is a true #1 to be different. To me if you cant win a title as a #1, I dont consider you a true #1. Flawed logic admittedly

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
It all depends on what mean as a #1. I don't see him as a #1 on a championship team. Those are guys I consider legit #1's. Granted that leaves ALOT guys out. I do think he could be a 1A type guy in the vein of what Harden is doing now. But as the top option on a team, I dont see a team ever going further than the ECF with him as their top option. The only time he was remotely close before this year when he had Butler

I dont really disagree with what you are saying, but I just consider what is a true #1 to be different. To me if you cant win a title as a #1, I dont consider you a true #1. Flawed logic admittedly

I understand your opinion..but past years aren't like this year. This year his conditioning has been much better than ever before and he dominates anyone put in front of him on offense and defense. If you listen to analysts and basketball people..everyone knows this year he is a top dog. Right now he's been playing this entire series on a torn knee and still has been dominant.

Respectfully..I just don't think you've followed him closely enough this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand your opinion..but past years aren't like this year. This year his conditioning has been much better than ever before and he dominates anyone put in front of him on offense and defense. If you listen to analysts and basketball people..everyone knows this year he is a top dog. Right now he's been playing this entire series on a torn knee and still has been dominant.

Respectfully..I just don't think you've followed him closely enough this year.
Probably not. My take is based past history, and can always be proven wrong

ghst187

Reaction score
Glad to see the Nets and Lakers out….best thing for the league and watchability

uvaballa

Reaction score
Trae is the worst thing to happen to pro basketball in..forever. His jumping into people to get foul calls with no intention of trying to make the bucket looks cringy. He's an embarassment to the game and we will see how well he does now that they are making a rule change because of the kiddie **** he pulls that they aren't gonna call anymore. Luka is 10x the player Trae is.

Lol Luka isn’t 10x better than Trae. He can’t even get his team deep into the playoffs with a second guys like Porzingus. Trae has lead a bunch of young guys to the eastern conference finals.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Lol Luka isn’t 10x better than Trae. He can’t even get his team deep into the playoffs with a second guys like Porzingus. Trae has lead a bunch of young guys to the eastern conference finals.

Luka plays in the west. Much tougher competition. Trae choked tonight. Bailed out by Huerter, Collins and the Sixers playing like absolute ****.

Luka is better than Trae all day man.

Flamma

Reaction score
A couple things I've noticed since starting to watch again after about 16 years. They're very lax on traveling. The other is turning the ball over in your hand. What they used to call palming. They completely ignore that. I even seen a player delay a dribble it was so blatant. I guess that's not even a violation anymore?