NBA Season: 2020/2021

Flamma

Reaction score
Trae is the worst thing to happen to pro basketball in..forever. His jumping into people to get foul calls with no intention of trying to make the bucket looks cringy. He's an embarassment to the game and we will see how well he does now that they are making a rule change because of the kiddie **** he pulls that they aren't gonna call anymore. Luka is 10x the player Trae is.

Maybe this isn't a thing anymore, but years ago players used to do this all the time. Even Michael Jordan did this early on in his career. Would lean in and take a horrible shot just to draw a foul.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Luka plays in the west. Much tougher competition. Trae choked tonight. Bailed out by Huerter, Collins and the Sixers playing like absolute ****.
They had the best record at home. The better team as well going into the playoffs. The way Simmons DIDN'T play makes me wonder about a fix.

This is/was a team that played lights out the entire season only to lose 3 at home in the playoffs?! That was a colossal collapse to say the least.
They are a beta team. Embiid is the only talent they have with any dog in him, and even is probably better off as a #2
:facepalm:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't a thing anymore, but years ago players used to do this all the time. Even Michael Jordan did this early on in his career. Would lean in and take a horrible shot just to draw a foul.

It's been a thing but not to the level Harden and now Trae do it.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Luka plays in the west. Much tougher competition. Trae choked tonight. Bailed out by Huerter, Collins and the Sixers playing like absolute ****.

Luka is better than Trae all day man.

it was an even trade. Trae does more with less.

kskboys

Reaction score
For the first time in many years, I am starting to watch and enjoy basketball again.

It is so refreshing to watch games where the O doesn't consist of jacking up 3's, and w/o the Lebron show. New teams, great excitement!!!!!!!!!!!

How're the ratings doing? Am I alone in this?

Flamma

Reaction score
For the first time in many years, I am starting to watch and enjoy basketball again.

It is so refreshing to watch games where the O doesn't consist of jacking up 3's, and w/o the Lebron show. New teams, great excitement!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too. It has been a really long time. The three point shot kind of ruined it for me. When it was first introduced it was used sparingly. Then everyone just started lining up on the perimeter. Backup guards would now become 3 point snipers. But even now they line up on the perimeter a lot.

I know they'll never remove the 3 point shot. But it would be cool if they removed the 3 point shot area at the end of the baselines. But I'll admit, these playoffs are exciting.

Flamma

Reaction score
They had the best record at home. The better team as well going into the playoffs. The way Simmons DIDN'T play makes me wonder about a fix.

This is/was a team that played lights out the entire season only to lose 3 at home in the playoffs?! That was a colossal collapse to say the least.

From watching the Sixers/Hawks series is clear to see that Simmons doesn't shoot from the outside. He doesn't shoot and he can't hit a free throw to save his life. Like I said, I've only watched these playoffs, but I can't see how his positives outweigh the combination of can't shoot and can't hit free throws.

To me the Sixers looked like the better team in every game except the first. Yet right at the end they blew huge leads in two games. It looked like a mental collapse. Or like you said, throw the game. But if they were going to do that, why go up by 26? Did they forget? What a collapse that was in the 4th in game 5.

I'm not a Sixers fan so I actually enjoyed it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From watching the Sixers/Hawks series is clear to see that Simmons doesn't shoot from the outside. He doesn't shoot and he can't hit a free throw to save his life. Like I said, I've only watched these playoffs, but I can't see how his positives outweigh the combination of can't shoot and can't hit free throws.

To me the Sixers looked like the better team in every game except the first. Yet right at the end they blew huge leads in two games. It looked like a mental collapse. Or like you said, throw the game. But if they were going to do that, why go up by 26? Did they forget? What a collapse that was in the 4th in game 5.

I'm not a Sixers fan so I actually enjoyed it.
Simmons absolutely kills that team in the playoffs

Flamma

Reaction score

Apparently so. He was 4 for 14 from the line in one of those games. Dude, I wouldn't go 4 for 14 when I was 9 years old. No one at any level should be that bad. I understand Shak struggled. Wilt Chamberlain sucked too. But they were two of the best centers to ever play the game and killed you everywhere else. Ben doesn't. I don't understand, the dude can't take a 17 foot jump shot?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Apparently so. He was 4 for 14 from the line in one of those games. Dude, I wouldn't go 4 for 14 when I was 9 years old. No one at any level should be that bad. I understand Shak struggled. Wilt Chamberlain sucked too. But they were two of the best centers to ever play the game and killed you everywhere else. Ben doesn't. I don't understand, the dude can't take a 17 foot jump shot?
They should have traded him last year, but Im guessing Doc wanted to try to salvage the Simmons/Embiid pairing. Unfortunately his trade value is much lower now.

uvaballa

Reaction score

Basketball has been great recently. Still too many 3s for me but the young stars Booker, Young, Doncic, Mitchell, Murray, Morant, etc seem ready to take over. I’m thinking Mitchell may evolve into the best overall player in that group but it should be fun to watch.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Basketball has been great recently. Still too many 3s for me but the young stars Booker, Young, Doncic, Mitchell, Murray, Morant, etc seem ready to take over. I’m thinking Mitchell may evolve into the best overall player in that group but it should be fun to watch.
Mitchell is almost 25 so basically the oldest of that group. He likeky won't be near the top of them.

But it is a young and exciting group. NBA is in fine hands going forward.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Simmons would be a top 10 player in other eras but this is the "skill and spacing" era.
And in this era he is a slashing wing that can really defend.
They gotta take him off the ball.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
it was an even trade. Trae does more with less.
Luka is a far better player. But Young is plenty good to make the deal OK. Even though they've got nothing out of the R1 that came with Young in the deal.

ATL did a great job putting pieces around Trae the past couple seasons.
Hired the right coach.
ATL winning the Philly series wasn't really about Trae at all. He was a - RPM in 4 of the games and was pretty awful in the clincher.
Getting Capela for peanuts, signing a legit 3 point shooter in the off-season that a lot of teams wanted. Adding Lou Williams. Drafting and developing Kevin Huerter over 3 seasons.
They really have done a good job there.

Young is Steph Curry and Luka is LeBron. That's really the difference. Just raw size.
Trae is the WORST player in the NBA by most every advanced defensive metric.
But he brings a swagger and shot-making and ball handling galore.
He is fun to watch.

He'd be a better player had he went to Texas Tech instead of OU imho.
Learned some defensive basics from Mark Adams.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Mitchell is almost 25 so basically the oldest of that group. He likeky won't be near the top of them.

But it is a young and exciting group. NBA is in fine hands going forward.
Who do you think is going to be better than Mitchell? I'm talking better offensively and defensively overall.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Luka is a far better player. But Young is plenty good to make the deal OK. Even though they've got nothing out of the R1 that came with Young in the deal.

Hired the right coach.
ATL winning the Philly series wasn't really about Trae at all. He was a - RPM in 4 of the games and was pretty awful in the clincher.
Getting Capela for peanuts, signing a legit 3 point shooter in the off-season that a lot of teams wanted. Adding Lou Williams. Drafting and developing Kevin Huerter over 3 seasons.

Young is Steph Curry and Luka is LeBron. That's really the difference. Just raw size.
He is fun to watch.

Luka defense isn't good enough to even compare him to Lebron. I know there's a lot of bias Mavs fans here but he's not that great.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Hired the right coach.

He is fun to watch.

Reddish can still become a quality player

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who do you think is going to be better than Mitchell? I'm talking better offensively and defensively overall.
As far as the young players (drafted 2016 to now) I have Luka and Young in the top tier, with Mitchell, Tatum, Williamson,m. And then a pretty deep tier of Morant, Ingram, Brown, Fox, Murray, SGA, Sexton, and probably quite a few more

Top two tier are All NBA caliber right now (Tatum got robbed this year). Third tier guys are all at least All Star caliber and you can even say All NBA caliber in some cases

uvaballa

Reaction score
As far as the young players (drafted 2016 to now) I have Luka and Young in the top tier, with Mitchell, Tatum, Williamson,m. And then a pretty deep tier of Morant, Ingram, Brown, Fox, Murray, SGA, Sexton, and probably quite a few more

Top two tier are All NBA caliber right now (Tatum got robbed this year). Third tier guys are all at least All Star caliber and you can even say All NBA caliber in some cases
Only time will tell who emerges from that group. Mitchell just looks like D Wade reincarnated to me. I think all of the young’s guys will be successful but let’s see who leads their teams to championships.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only time will tell who emerges from that group. Mitchell just looks like D Wade reincarnated to me. I think all of the young’s guys will be successful but let’s see who leads their teams to championships.
Its gonna be fun to watch these guys battle for championships. Alot of them have already starred in the playoffs