NBA Season 23-24

ghst187

Reaction score
Why does the media need to have an agenda against a guy, when it comes to sports?

I've been seeing so much hate for Luka. Chris Broussard said when Luka made the WCF "to prove something to me, win the NBA Finals" something he never put on stars such as Joel Embiid, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Jalen Brunson and many other ringless stars.

Then this morning I'm driving listening to sports radio, one guy asks the other "is Luka the guy in the NBA" the other didn't want to give a straight answer at first, but then he started talking about Memorial Day and said people can eat what they want, but Luka is too chunky for him, he likes his athletes .......then I turned it off. It's not a swimsuit competition and nobody asked him about Luka's bodyshape.

These are just two examples, I've heard plenty of more.

I wonder if it's a Dallas Mavericks thing though. If Luka were a Laker or a Knick would he get the same hate? I'm not so sure he would.
I think it’s another issue….

Jayinem

Reaction score
Boston/Dallas should be an exciting series. There will be some big storylines. Porzingis back in Dallas. Kyrie back in Boston. Expect alot of Kyrie hype game 1 in Boston
You forgot the most important storyline

bos_g_powell_b1_1296x729.jpg

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You forgot the most important storyline

bos_g_powell_b1_1296x729.jpg
Last player left of the Rondo trade

Mavs fans rued that trade for a while. In reality all we got out of it was a couple decents seasons of Crowder. And only 1 that was actually good. He become overrated as a 3&D after that first season. He got abused by Lebron in the ECF so bad we decided to use a rookie Jaylen Brown to defend him halfway through the series

Jayinem

Reaction score
Last player left of the Rondo trade

Mavs fans rued that trade for a while. In reality all we got out of it was a couple decents seasons of Crowder. And only 1 that was actually good. He become overrated as a 3&D after that first season. He got abused by Lebron in the ECF so bad we decided to use a rookie Jaylen Brown to defend him halfway through the series
Yeah I heard quite a few years ago that him and Cuban went to movies together. And then on a Mavs forum people would predict he would be traded or re-signed I would be like "nope, just watch he'll still be here" he's now the 2nd longest tenured Mav of the century behind Dirk. This guy was just a throw in nobody keeps throw ins from trades. They also gave Tim Hardaway Jr. an extension a throw in from Porzingis trade. Mavs love some throw ins.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Celtics are going to be tough. They have the perfect team to defend Dallas. Holiday and White are both top notch defenders so they will make life tough on Kyrie. Tatum and Brown both good defenders will help some of Doncic. If KP is healthy and good for the Celtics I would say Celtics in 6. If not then 7 games and anything is possible.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I picked Minn in 6 so of course they are down 3-0. The Mavs are really taking it to them.

Should be an entertaining finals.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics are going to be tough. They have the perfect team to defend Dallas. Holiday and White are both top notch defenders so they will make life tough on Kyrie. Tatum and Brown both good defenders will help some of Doncic. If KP is healthy and good for the Celtics I would say Celtics in 6. If not then 7 games and anything is possible.
Another thing to keep in mind is that Boston has only played 13 playoff games so far this year. By comparison they played 21 and 20 through the EFC the last two years. They will be well rested.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind is that Boston has only played 13 playoff games so far this year. By comparison they played 21 and 20 through the EFC the last two years. They will be well rested.
Sounds like both teams may have 8 days off.
If so that minimizes what would be a huge advantage if they played 2-3 days after the last Conf Finals game.
And West teams will say is BOS ready now to turn the game up to WC level?
The West has been much, much tougher basketball.

Should be a very good Finals.
BOS advantage is they can push the ball and are in shape where Minn has been dead by Q4.

Mavs advantage is they have real inside presence now and the playoffs have been 90s style no mercy Mavs can wear guys down to nothing.
Could easily argue you have the best 2-man combos in the sport in this Finals series.

I expect it to be magic.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I'm not even predicting a Mavs series win or anything like that, but we're going to have a conversation about Porzingis after the Finals, either I'm going to be wrong or you will.

Put me on record, he will not be a difference maker for Boston in the series.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sounds like both teams may have 8 days off.
If so that minimizes what would be a huge advantage if they played 2-3 days after the last Conf Finals game.
And West teams will say is BOS ready now to turn the game up to WC level?
The West has been much, much tougher basketball.

Should be a very good Finals.
BOS advantage is they can push the ball and are in shape where Minn has been dead by Q4.

Mavs advantage is they have real inside presence now and the playoffs have been 90s style no mercy Mavs can wear guys down to nothing.
Could easily argue you have the best 2-man combos in the sport in this Finals series.

I expect it to be magic.
Bostons path this year is questionable. However Tatum and Brown have failed to advance to the conference finals only twice in their careers. So im not not really concerned about them playing that caliber of basketball

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I'm not even predicting a Mavs series win or anything like that, but we're going to have a conversation about Porzingis after the Finals, either I'm going to be wrong or you will.

Put me on record, he will not be a difference maker for Boston in the series.
Put me on the record that he will be and not necessarily stats wise. He will draw the Mavs bigs out giving more space to Brown and Tatum to drive. He will help clog the rim more because Dallas bigs don't shoot the 3 so that leaves him near the basket. My point is he doesn't have to have big statistics to make big impacts. Just having him on the floor makes the Celtics a different team and if he is hitting some 3's and pick and pops then the Celtics are tough to beat.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Put me on the record that he will be and not necessarily stats wise. He will draw the Mavs bigs out giving more space to Brown and Tatum to drive. He will help clog the rim more because Dallas bigs don't shoot the 3 so that leaves him near the basket. My point is he doesn't have to have big statistics to make big impacts. Just having him on the floor makes the Celtics a different team and if he is hitting some 3's and pick and pops then the Celtics are tough to beat.
Oh man I can't wait, Luka is going to have a field day with him. He remembers Porzingis coming up small in Dallas or else Mavs beat Clippers, and foolish fans blame Luka for that.

You think he can stop Mavs lobs? Gobert couldn't Chet couldn't, they're better than him and he's coming off injury you're just trippin.

I like how you have to add "maybe not stat wise" though, because you know he's going to suck on offense. Well guess what? He's going to suck on defense too Mavs will cook him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Doncic is a fabulous player but man does he cry foul all the time. It’s annoying.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Doncic is a fabulous player but man does he cry foul all the time. It’s annoying.
He does, but so does Lebron and a lot of other greats.

It's like, I would rather he not but it doesn't effect my life so I don't care THAT much.