NBA Season 23-24

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Why does the media need to have an agenda against a guy, when it comes to sports?

I've been seeing so much hate for Luka. Chris Broussard said when Luka made the WCF "to prove something to me, win the NBA Finals" something he never put on stars such as Joel Embiid, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Jalen Brunson and many other ringless stars.

Then this morning I'm driving listening to sports radio, one guy asks the other "is Luka the guy in the NBA" the other didn't want to give a straight answer at first, but then he started talking about Memorial Day and said people can eat what they want, but Luka is too chunky for him, he likes his athletes .......then I turned it off. It's not a swimsuit competition and nobody asked him about Luka's bodyshape.

These are just two examples, I've heard plenty of more.

I wonder if it's a Dallas Mavericks thing though. If Luka were a Laker or a Knick would he get the same hate? I'm not so sure he would.
He looks like a jock that got married straight out of High School and goes to playground pick-up games to relive his youth. Just standing on the sideline, he doesn't "look" like an elite athlete........ until you watch him play. He's not fast, he's not quick, doesn't have "hops", but he's smart, has great vision, has great touch and innate ability to play the game. I'm a Spurs fan, but I do love watching Luka play, he's fun.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Was watching Bill Simmons on that Draft and had an insider telling him that GMs in league were saying this upcoming draft is as if you started at #10 in previous drafts. Not encouraging. Weak Draft. If they don’t find a good trade, I hope they do what landed them TParker and Ginobilli and find an underrated international steal. I really like Nikola Topic but he seems to keep rising in mock drafts and was #2 pick now on one of the post-draft mocks I read. I don’t want those kids from Kentucky who choked the Final Four. I get enough Playoff choking with my Cowboys. Would like my Spurs to once again be that one team I can count on in the postseason.
This draft doesn't seem to have that same talent as past drafts, but they should be able to get a couple of solid picks. I am intrigued by a young French prospect, Tidjane Salaun, only 18, but 6'9" very athletic, very active with a lot of upside. Still very raw and needs more experience, but could be a diamond in the rough that needs some time to develop. Starting to see him move up some boards though.

Jayinem

Reaction score
He looks like a jock that got married straight out of High School and goes to playground pick-up games to relive his youth. Just standing on the sideline, he doesn't "look" like an elite athlete........ until you watch him play. He's not fast, he's not quick, doesn't have "hops", but he's smart, has great vision, has great touch and innate ability to play the game. I'm a Spurs fan, but I do love watching Luka play, he's fun.
Jokic has improved his fitness somewhat, but he still looks like a guy that would play at the YMCA over being an NBA player, and IMO Jokic and Luka are the two best players in the NBA.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was watching Bill Simmons on that Draft and had an insider telling him that GMs in league were saying this upcoming draft is as if you started at #10 in previous drafts. Not encouraging. Weak Draft. If they don’t find a good trade, I hope they do what landed them TParker and Ginobilli and find an underrated international steal. I really like Nikola Topic but he seems to keep rising in mock drafts and was #2 pick now on one of the post-draft mocks I read. I don’t want those kids from Kentucky who choked the Final Four. I get enough Playoff choking with my Cowboys. Would like my Spurs to once again be that one team I can count on in the postseason.
Topic is great fit for you guys. Dillingham could be an interesting fallback at 7 of Topic goes earlier. Wembanyama will help cover up any defensive deficiencies. Parker had struggles defensively and Pop did a great masking them

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jokic has improved his fitness somewhat, but he still looks like a guy that would play at the YMCA over being an NBA player, and IMO Jokic and Luka are the two best players in the NBA.
The teenage pic of Jokic reminds me of the Tom Brady comine pic.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas showed alot of character making it a game for a while after being down 29(?) at one point. Boston did a great job of refocusing after the Mavs. Ive seen them lose those games in the past (Miami ECF 2020)

Great all around games from Jrue and White. Hauser is a guy the league has slept on the last couple years.

Luka showed again he is one of the top 2 players in basketball, but he needs people to step up. If Kyrie doesnt, I dont think they have enough gas to beat Boston. Tatum is getting 16 points on 16 shots often. Dallas has to take advantage of that poor shooting from him if they want to win the series

triplets_93

Reaction score
I hate the black uniforms the Mavs wore tonight!!!

Why not a nice blue???

With those black uniforms, I could not make out the player's frames to better follow the action, like I could the Celtics...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That was a game Dallas needed to win. Celtics bricked soooo many 3's tonight. They had a real opportunity to capitalize on an off night and steal home court advantage.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
That was a game Dallas needed to win. Celtics bricked soooo many 3's tonight. They had a real opportunity to capitalize on an off night and steal home court advantage.
Tatum shot horrible again as well. Jru had a huge game but that's what makes the Celtics tough, they have more than two guys that can have a big night. C's two wins away from banner 18!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tatum shot horrible again as well. Jru had a huge game but that's what makes the Celtics tough, they have more than two guys that can have a big night. C's two wins away from banner 18!
Mavs have very little playmaking outside of Luka and Kyrie. 4 assists from someone not named Luka or Kyrie

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Mavs have very little playmaking outside of Luka and Kyrie. 4 assists from someone not named Luka or Kyrie
They just don't have the role players and depth. They need Kyrie and Doncic to go off every game and Kyrie isn't going to be able to with this Celtics defense. Eventually Tatum is going to have a great shooting game. C's just have too much all around talent. C's in 6.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They just don't have the role players and depth. They need Kyrie and Doncic to go off every game and Kyrie isn't going to be able to with this Celtics defense. Eventually Tatum is going to have a great shooting game. C's just have too much all around talent. C's in 6.
Kidd needs to make adjustments, Boston is forcing them into being a 2 man team. Dallas needs a big game 3 win to steal some momentum.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stevens has done such a great job as GM. I think it was pretty random when he took that job when Ainge stepped down. Ive always been an Ainge fan, and he deserves credit for getting Brown and Tatum, but Stevens has done a great job reshaping this roster. I think Ainge would have made the Porzingis trade because he is a value hunter, but I dont think he makes the White and Jrue trade.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Stevens has done such a great job as GM. I think it was pretty random when he took that job when Ainge stepped down. Ive always been an Ainge fan, and he deserves credit for getting Brown and Tatum, but Stevens has done a great job reshaping this roster. I think Ainge would have made the Porzingis trade because he is a value hunter, but I dont think he makes the White and Jrue trade.
Yea Ainge liked to hoard picks and not use them in certain spots for trades. I don't see him making that White trade. I also give ownership credit for telling Brad to do whatever it takes. They still need to sign White. It will also be interesting to see what Stevens does if Al retires after this season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea Ainge liked to hoard picks and not use them in certain spots for trades. I don't see him making that White trade. I also give ownership credit for telling Brad to do whatever it takes. They still need to sign White. It will also be interesting to see what Stevens does if Al retires after this season.
I dont know if they really have alot trade options right now for replacing Horford. Kornet will probably get a look with more meaningful minutes, and they have Tillman. Kornet has played well in the playoffs. I can see them looking for a switchable big in the draft, but person wont see the court much until 2026

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
As a Spurs fan, I was sad to see White get traded, but I understood it was necessary at the time and at least he went somewhere he was going to compete for a Championship quickly. Spurs fans still love him and give him ovations when he returns. He's not a "Superstar", but he's a great player, works hard, tries hard, coachable, and team orientated, of all the players traded away in recent seasons, he's the one I would like to see return the most.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
As a Spurs fan, I was sad to see White get traded, but I understood it was necessary at the time and at least he went somewhere he was going to compete for a Championship quickly. Spurs fans still love him and give him ovations when he returns. He's not a "Superstar", but he's a great player, works hard, tries hard, coachable, and team orientated, of all the players traded away in recent seasons, he's the one I would like to see return the most.
Yes, we love D White in Boston. Solid two way player and a solid person. Couldn't ask for a better backcourt with him and Jru.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, we love D White in Boston. Solid two way player and a solid person. Couldn't ask for a better backcourt with him and Jru.
Would have loved to win it all with Smart, but his offense is just to erratic. Jru is a much better overall player