News: NBC: Jaylon Smith expects to be better than Notre Dame 100 percent

millennial_legend

Reaction score
When he is for sure 100% i'd like to see them try him at Safety he has the speed
That would be great. Make him the sub package SS, keep Lee and LVE in the game, take out Base SS Frazier and never have to play Heath except on special teams. I'm down with that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would say the team would go 6 years too. Jaylon would play out his rookie contract and then the team would add on a couple one year deals waiting to salvage the pick. And then if he does get fully healthy in year 6, someone will make the argument Jerry’s gamble paid off.
Sorry, my sarcasm is losing its edge, me lord.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm one of those people in his corner. Since when is "show me, don't tell me" having a negative attitude? Some would say objecting to an opinion just because it differs from yours is having a bad attitude.

"Show me, don't tell me" isn't what you said. You told him to "shut up" and "We don't need to be told about it." There's a difference.
Sounded like someone you were angry with, not someone you claim to support.

BillyBates

Reaction score
sick um son. remember to strip first wrap up second. you have the Cowboy nation with you young man.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I hope he's up to speed, we need somebody solid back there since we already have a rookie to deal with in LVE.
I hope he's up to speed, Lee may need some help back there since we already have a rookie to deal with in LVE.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised by Smith this season. It's easy to forget how good he was before his injury. With a year of playing experience and now fully healed, I can't wait to see what he can do for the defense.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
this is gona be my personal point of view. & someone else will surely say the opposite. but hey we each see what we wanna see right ?

i rewatched his workout video from a year ago. and watched the most recent one...and there’s a big difference. he runs so much smoother now. last year he seemed to “mark” his steps too much and didn’t seem fluid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did we really ever expect Jaylon to perform at the same level as he did before the injury? Seeing is believing!!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Did we really ever expect Jaylon to perform at the same level as he did before the injury? Seeing is believing!!
Yes. That is why we gambled a high 2nd round pick on him knowing he wouldn’t play for a year, in a year the team sorely needed defensive help.

DiResta

Reaction score
I don’t know what I’m looking at.

Is this impressive...?
its the greatest thing since sliced bread

but seriously
we are looking at him planting and driving off his left foot without the brace
doing it in a game when he gets unexpectedly blocked from the side or when tired will be a greater test though
either way its a positive so now we wait and let the hype simmer until its ready

DiResta

Reaction score
I don't get this. He was asked a question and answered it. What is he supposed to do? Just walk away?
"I'm just here so I don't get fined"

ever notice how Jaylon is always included in these events btw?
think the FO doesnt see him as a face of the franchise? theres huge expectations for him
and he hasnt even been a starter until now*

*barring injuries to Lee and Hitchens