News: NBCSports: Jerry Jones wants Jimmy Johnson, and everyone else, to know who runs the show

CCBoy

Reaction score
Old news and that has nothing to do with the high profile he took coming into Dallas.
So you are the reference for all attempting to learn the truth and not back track from the facts. You need those types of non-discussive crutches to just come out and call someone a dung heave and feel justified? Sorry...

No, he was informed enough to accomplish the mission despite what you give full credit and worship to...Let's further apply the litmus test that you are still using as excuse for all fowl intents by yourself. Tom Landry, despite all successes, would not have a Lombardi of his own without Roger Staubach. What, Roger saved his butt? I don't think so also...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Some people may hold their breaths waiting for Jones to induct 'two or three coaches' needing to be in the Ring before Johnson. I certainly will not do so for a transparently obvious red herring.
Why, in passing a possibility of consideration was referenced as to plenty of individuals that could receive varrying levels of respect...oh I get it, instead that doesn't fit your own agenda here...sorry, Don't begin to agree here. Please do disagree...so what?

Don't like herring? Try something else just as fishy...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jimmy's boat is bringing in lots of fish, still...good for him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why, in passing a possibility of consideration was referenced as to plenty of individuals that could receive varrying levels of respect...oh I get it, instead that doesn't fit your own agenda here...sorry, Don't begin to agree here. Please do disagree...so what?
You actually believe Jones will induct another coach ahead of Johnson. Do you believe Jones will take that action during your lifetime?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
In a lot of ways Jerry is right.

Was his decision to fire Landry. His decision to hire JJ and his decision to hire Switzer.

The people whining about this ROH stuff are mostly burnouts anyway.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I miss the days of news reporting.
You can always check out the News Zone. If you visit from a non-mobile device, you can still see a little bit of news. If you go there from mobile, it's just member posts.

I hear you, though, "news."

I'm a reporter myself, and it's just not the same.. Has been changing for a long time, and has never really been great, but it's just bad lately.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I miss the days of news reporting.
I forgot what that's like.

What? Give me just the facts and allow me to arrive at my own opinion? That's sooooo old school.

Just think about how much more time we'll have for the fun things that don't involve thinking because the news sources have made it so much easier making up our minds before we ever show up.

But at least we can choose to have the bubble-headed bleached-blonde make up our minds.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I forgot what that's like.

What? Give me just the facts and allow me to arrive at my own opinion? That's sooooo old school.

Just think about how much more time we'll have for the fun things that don't involve thinking because the news sources have made it so much easier making up our minds before we ever show up.

But at least we can choose to have the bubble-headed bleached-blonde make up our minds.
Just keep a bottle or Don Padron in the fridge and a salt shaker accessible...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In a lot of ways Jerry is right.

Was his decision to fire Landry. His decision to hire JJ and his decision to hire Switzer.

The people whining about this ROH stuff are mostly burnouts anyway.c
Depends on what is meant by "running the show".

If by that it means who controls hiring coaches and so forth, yes of course Jerry "runs the show". He's the owner, it's HIS team. But that would mean that the citizens of Green Bay "runs the show", as the Packers are a publicly owned company, but what does even a major stockholder in the Packers have to do with hiring coaches, drafting players, etc.? Absolutely nothing. So, you have to consider other things as "running the show".

Such as the actual evaluation and management and using the players to actually play the game. And in that regard, obviously Jimmy "ran" the team.
Otherwise, it would mean that a man who spent 25 years in the oil business was able to build a multiple Super Bowl championship team in 4 years, and a coach who had spent 25 years coaching football had less to do with that.

Which of course makes no sense, building an NFL team isn't something somebody can just drop out of the sky and do. It's a skill, and like most any skill it takes practice and experience to be really good at it, and winning Super Bowls takes immense skill.

But really the whole thing is so silly, everybody who follows the NFL knows full well that that Jerry Jones bought the team, hired Johnson (and he probably could have hired any number of other NFL coaches to run the team, not saying he didn't recognize something in Jimmy that gave him the idea Jimmy could get Jerry's team to the top of the heap) and if nothing else learned the NFL game so that he could recognize talent, etc.

There's room for both men on the podium of the Dallas Cowboys success from 1989-1993, sad Jerry can't see that....

CCBoy

Reaction score
Depends on what is meant by "running the show".

If by that it means who controls hiring coaches and so forth, yes of course Jerry "runs the show". He's the owner, it's HIS team. But that would mean that the citizens of Green Bay "runs the show", as the Packers are a publicly owned company, but what does even a major stockholder in the Packers have to do with hiring coaches, drafting players, etc.? Absolutely nothing. So, you have to consider other things as "running the show".

Such as the actual evaluation and management and using the players to actually play the game. And in that regard, obviously Jimmy "ran" the team.
Otherwise, it would mean that a man who spent 25 years in the oil business was able to build a multiple Super Bowl championship team in 4 years, and a coach who had spent 25 years coaching football had less to do with that.

Which of course makes no sense, building an NFL team isn't something somebody can just drop out of the sky and do. It's a skill, and like most any skill it takes practice and experience to be really good at it, and winning Super Bowls takes immense skill.

But really the whole thing is so silly, everybody who follows the NFL knows full well that that Jerry Jones bought the team, hired Johnson (and he probably could have hired any number of other NFL coaches to run the team, not saying he didn't recognize something in Jimmy that gave him the idea Jimmy could get Jerry's team to the top of the heap) and if nothing else learned the NFL game so that he could recognize talent, etc.

There's room for both men on the podium of the Dallas Cowboys success from 1989-1993, sad Jerry can't see that....
Was it you having to swallow a ton of actually being in the right in the 1980's to 1990's?

Jimmy told Jerry not to bring the Prince of Saudi Arabia into his building when we were training Saudi Cobra pilots at Fort Bliss, Tx and Saudi was paying for a tank firing range at Fort Bliss, Tx as well.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't blame Jerry for excluding Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy was over-the-top disrespectful and insubordinate to Jerry Jones at the end of his tenure in Dallas.
And what about Jerry's "Anyone of 500 coaches could get this team to the Super Bowl" comment?

Yeah, that shows real respect for Jimmy!

It goes both ways; we don't even know if Jimmy quit, or Jerry fired him or if was truly a mutual decision.

You have two men with huge egos who had a clash of those egos. Happens all the time. Even Landry and Schramm had clashes.

But the ring of honor should be for the top contributors to the success of the Cowboys football team. Jimmy certainly fills that criteria...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is there any better example of why pro team owners remain silent and out of the spotlight than this clown? He is actually an embarrassment to the NFL.
Jerry loves having himself and his team as the center of attention. No owner is more visible than he is. I’ve never seen an owner at a training camp walking around signing autographs. His reluctance to put Jimmy in the ROH is certainly an embarrassment. It’s shining a bad light on him and he knows it.