NCAA 2018 College Football

gmoney112

Reaction score
Tech went head to head with a top 15 team and one of, if not the best, QB in the 2019 draft.

I ain't mad.

Also looks like Herman finally stopped getting so cute on defense and got his young players to stick to the plan. They probably have the best safeties in the nation, one of the strongest secondaries, ballers at LB, but he got cute with his personnel and asked his DL to do things when they came in for his scheme which just ended up in a bunch of young guys blowing assignments and looking like crap. I called that loss against Maryland, and it was apparent, no one knew what the hell they were doing out there running 3-2-6 weird pressure zone schemes with 230 pound recruits playing 5 tech DE at 290 pounds after 1 year. Looks like he got them settled a bit.

If that's the case, offense should get better, they could make some noise as the season goes on. Theres no doubt Herman can coach, but he has to learn to keep it simple early in the year if you play new guys, especially secondary guys like some of the guys this year. Just line up and beat teams like Maryland, ease into the complex stuff.

I really wish Tech could get better recruits. Itd be awesome to see them with top talent. Especially a defense. But that probably won't ever happen.

There are some good games today.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tech went head to head with a top 15 team and one of, if not the best, QB in the 2019 draft.

I ain't mad.

Also looks like Herman finally stopped getting so cute on defense and got his young players to stick to the plan. They probably have the best safeties in the nation, one of the strongest secondaries, ballers at LB, but he got cute with his personnel and asked his DL to do things when they came in for his scheme which just ended up in a bunch of young guys blowing assignments and looking like crap. I called that loss against Maryland, and it was apparent, no one knew what the hell they were doing out there running 3-2-6 weird pressure zone schemes with 230 pound recruits playing 5 tech DE at 290 pounds after 1 year. Looks like he got them settled a bit.

If that's the case, offense should get better, they could make some noise as the season goes on. Theres no doubt Herman can coach, but he has to learn to keep it simple early in the year if you play new guys, especially secondary guys like some of the guys this year. Just line up and beat teams like Maryland, ease into the complex stuff.

I really wish Tech could get better recruits. Itd be awesome to see them with top talent. Especially a defense. But that probably won't ever happen.

There are some good games today.

Herman is a good coach but it is a big jump from UH to Texas, I didn't think it would be overnight success. I think we see them playing for a title in the next couple of years. He needs another class or two from recruiting.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Michigan is getting thumped by northwestern. Harbaugh is an arrogant clown. Send back to the west coast...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Their offense is so boring. Can't believe people actually want him to come to replace JG.

I agree he is also like JG in that he gets away from what's working. I wish we used Dak as Michigan does with Patterson.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I've always wanted to go to one of those Penn St whiteout games. Those look awesome and that stadium is huge too, 105k capacity.

Ohio St also in trouble

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Wow, it is so bizarre to see coaches out think themselves in big moments.

Why Penn State would run the ball on 4th and 5 after taking 2 timeouts is beyond explanation. Gotta let McSorley decide it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Justin Herbert out there dropping dimes on Cal in the first half. Guy can make all the throws.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Michigan has a great D, they pretty much shut NW down for 3 quarters. I wouldn't mind seeing Gary and Bush in a Cowboy uniform. Tough loss at home for Penn St. Against Ohio St. you can not settle for field goals in the red zone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Why Penn State would run the ball on 4th and 5 after taking 2 timeouts is beyond explanation. Gotta let McSorley decide it.
What's worse is why did they have McSorley toss on the 2nd down instead of having him run it in effort to get a first down, or at least get closer to a first down. I just didn't understand Franklin on the last and final drive. He's such a smart coach.

*McSorley has 321 rushing yards in 3 games vs Zeke's 274 in 3 games. :lmao:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Michigan has a great D, they pretty much shut NW down for 3 quarters. I wouldn't mind seeing Gary and Bush in a Cowboy uniform. Tough loss at home for Penn St. Against Ohio St. you can not settle for field goals in the red zone.
Nor can you miss them. :angry:

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
HGkyeKL.gif

coogrfan

Reaction score
Herman is a good coach but it is a big jump from UH to Texas,

Gimme a break. The difference is that at UH Herman inherited a talented group of underdogs that bought into his tough love approach from day one, while at UT he was faced with a bunch of entitled prima donnas who needed to be broken down and then built back up.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Straight out of the Cowboys playbook.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gimme a break. The difference is that at UH Herman inherited a talented group of underdogs that bought into his tough love approach from day one, while at UT he was faced with a bunch of entitled prima donnas who needed to be broken down and then built back up.

How is that different from what I said? The big jump is because two completely different teams with one in a bigger spotlight. It is also why I said he will need some more recruiting classes before we really see his presence show up in the players.

Last edited:

coogrfan

Reaction score
How is that different from what I said? The big jump is because two completely different teams with one in a bigger spotlight. It is also why I said he will need some more recruiting classes before we really see his presence show up in the players.

My point was that talent has never been the problem at UT. They've been losing because they were soft, both mentally and physically. Herman took a Houston team with less raw ability and beat top 10 FSU, OU and a Louisville team with a Heisman winning qb (twice).

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My point was that talent has never been the problem at UT. They've been losing because they were soft, both mentally and physically. Herman took a Houston team with less raw ability and beat top 10 FSU, OU and a Louisville team with a Heisman winning qb (twice).

I didn't convey my thought properly but this is what my point was. Success wasn't going to happen overnight in Austin, not because of lack of talent but due to their culture. It is why I think he needs two more recruiting classes to really put his stamp on things.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I didn't convey my thought properly but this is what my point was. Success wasn't going to happen overnight in Austin, not because of lack of talent but due to their culture. It is why I think he needs two more recruiting classes to really put his stamp on things.
Talent has been an issue.
Recruiting is a tough deal because outside the top 25 guys or so the reality is it is painfully inaccurate.
Baker won the Heisman and had zero P5 offers and walked on TWICE.

The Oregon QB had 1 P5 offer....

UT has been recruiting top 100 kids that just aren't really top 100 and don't fit the schemes well. They rank top 10 almost annually but never get top 10 talent on the actual field.

Herman will definitely do better there, IMHO.
UT should be hauling in far better JUCO kids to compete early.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Talent has been an issue.
Recruiting is a tough deal because outside the top 25 guys or so the reality is it is painfully inaccurate.
Baker won the Heisman and had zero P5 offers and walked on TWICE.

The Oregon QB had 1 P5 offer....

UT has been recruiting top 100 kids that just aren't really top 100 and don't fit the schemes well. They rank top 10 almost annually but never get top 10 talent on the actual field.

Herman will definitely do better there, IMHO.
UT should be hauling in far better JUCO kids to compete early.

Agreed but their talent is considerably better than at UH. Of course, UT plays bigger schools as well. Once Herman gets his type of players for his scheme, UT will compete with the best IMO.