NCAA 2018 College Football

4th_and_short

Reaction score
I think the Final 4 teams are gonna be determined in the following order:

1) SEC champion - Bama vs Georgia game is already set for Dec 1. Winner is in.
2) Clemson if they win out. Could still get in if they finish with 1 loss but win the ACC.
3) Notre Dame if they win out. I don't think they'll get in with 1 loss.
4) Michigan or Ohio St if they finish with 1 loss and win the Big Ten. They play each other in 2 weeks.
5) Winner of Oklahoma vs West Virginia if the winner wins out.
6) Alabama if they lose to Georgia in the SEC championship and finish with 1 loss.
7) Washington State if they win out and win the Pac 12.
8) UCF if they win out and a bunch of other teams lose.

That's 10 teams that have a chance to get in.

7 & 8 won’t happen. 5 happens only if 6 doesn’t, but I think a one-loss Bama - if it’s to UGA in the SECCG - always gets in. I think the P12 and B12 miss out this year, unless ND loses. And even then they need Bama to beat UGA to squeak in imo.

uvaballa

Reaction score
7 & 8 won’t happen. 5 happens only if 6 doesn’t, but I think a one-loss Bama - if it’s to UGA in the SECCG - always gets in. I think the P12 and B12 miss out this year, unless ND loses. And even then they need Bama to beat UGA to squeak in imo.
Seems like P12 and B12 always miss out.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

Who do you see getting in in the following scenario?

1) Clemson and Notre Dame win out.
2) Georgia beats Alabama in conference championship.
3) Big Ten champ (Michigan or Ohio St) finishes with 1 loss.

4th_and_short

Reaction score

Yikes.

In that scenario I think it depends on who wins the B10. Ohio State lost to an unranked team and generally hasn’t looked that great. So if it’s the Buckeyes, I think you have to put Bama in over them. If it’s Michigan who only lost to an undefeated ND, well then I think Bama takes that on the chin and destroys whatever poor soul that faces them in the Sugar Bowl

DFWJC

Reaction score

Thats just nasty.
If Georgia beats Bama in a tight one and Ohio State squeaks by Michigan, its at least possible that Ohio State, with that horrible earlier loss and plentyof weak wins, may stay home.

Hard to say

If Georgia stomped Bama (very hard to imagine) then the Tide might not get in.
Again, hard to imagine, but not impossible.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Thats just nasty.
If Georgia beats Bama in a tight one and Ohio State squeaks by Michigan, its at least possible that Ohio State, with that horrible earlier loss and plentyof weak wins, may stay home.

Hard to say

If Georgia stomped Bama (very hard to imagine) then the Tide might not get in.
Again, hard to imagine, but not impossible.
Ohio State has to hope that Bama wins out, while they win the B10. I really think a 1 loss Bama gets in over 1 loss Ohio State. Bama will only miss if Clemson, ND, Georgia, and Michigan win out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ohio State has to hope that Bama wins out, while they win the B10. I really think a 1 loss Bama gets in over 1 loss Ohio State. Bama will only miss if Clemson, ND, Georgia, and Michigan win out.
Me too

Thats why I thew in the near impossible scenario that maybe if Georgia destroyed Alabama...say by 30...a 1 loss Ohio St may have a prayer.
Really farfetched

gmoney112

Reaction score
If the starting QB for Tech plays in that game, they had a much better chance of winning. The backup was okay, but man he made some really stupid decisions.

Tech went toe to toe with OU and UT, and the "starting" QB is a freshman. Hopefully this can lead to a decent recruiting class.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Each has put teams into 2/4 of the playoffs so far. OU was in last year and the one before. Last year UW made it, and the first year Oregon got in and trashed defending champs FSU.
Ok I couldn’t remember to be honest. Maybe since they didn’t win I forgot about them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If the starting QB for Tech plays in that game, they had a much better chance of winning. The backup was okay, but man he made some really stupid decisions.

Tech went toe to toe with OU and UT, and the "starting" QB is a freshman. Hopefully this can lead to a decent recruiting class.
Duffey is uber talented but oh boy does he do too much and turn it over.
I can't believe the got it back tied but then again I can't believe he kept trying to run over dudes when he weighs like 175....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You post exactly like a 5 year child would, incapable of forming coherent thoughts that contain more than a basic cry for attention.
You must be in SEC country....

This isn't complicated.
The SEC scheduling is absolutely trash.
Far lesser than any other conference P5.
8 games, 1 P5 game for the "good" schools, 0 for the bad ones. Avoid teams in the opposite division for as much as 4 or 5 years at a time.

Alabama has the 57th ranked SOS... lol
You know how hard it is to schedule that bad that you end up ranked 57th after playing the SEC West??
But yup, The Citadel, Arkansas State and UL-Layfayette... it can be done......

That's a joke.

Nothing I said was anywhere near untrue.
You are busy mouth-breathing and thinking you have a point.

The SEC is the best conference this year and had been over the course of the last 15 years largely because they have stacked the deck to be so.
It started with paying players like Cam Newton and included the softest educational requirements for admissions so they were able to load up on JUCOs.
It has extended now to scheduling perks with 4 non-conf games including one additional schedule bye week over a trash can opponent late in the season.
Then they take and appoint their bowl teams to games versus match ups as they see fit.
Then the play Garrett ball and keep games close and voters move them up based on close losses to stacked teams.
Look at a team like TAMU that has lost 3 conf games and won a 4th in OT and lost it's only P5 non-conf game.
That team in is hanging around the top 25, LOL.

I'm Paul n ATLANTA. Amazing you just put the fact I live in SEC country together given your limitations. Bravo sir!

Hard to debate a guy who can't tell the difference between facts and their own delusions. Alabama's SOS is 4th. https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

You keep running your mouth and the SEC will keep winning recruiting battles and titles. You got nothing to say that isn't related to envy.

Last edited:

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
So was the Oklahoma State vs WVU game even though my Mountaineers lost:(

Holgerson lost that game almost single handedly. I did not get to watch but the tracker said he went for it on 4th down and failed at least twice in FG range.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Have defended KK as a Tech-Ex but man that ship has sailed. They gotta fire him and move on.
6 points ... ouch.
Was worst I have seen them play since a Miami loss that will go unnamed.