NCAA 2018 College Football

coogrfan

Reaction score
Houston qb D'Eriq King became only the 12th player in NCAA history to pass for 400 and rush for 100 in UH's 57-36 win over previously unbeaten USF. For the season King has accounted for 39 tds (28 passing, 11 rushing).

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Why was Herman so upset?

From what I could gather I think he thought that the OSU coach was out there screaming at The Players and instigating. Once it was made clear to him that Gundy was actually trying to prevent an altercation then Herman calmed down and backed off

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We'll learn about Texas in the next month. There are still 4 difficult games on the schedule. Tomorrow is such a big game for the team and this program. For recruiting purposes, the WVU game has to be a big deal so taking care of business in Stillwater is a must.

To be honest, I don't really see a great team in the Big 12 either. Last night was a perfect example of that. Your words were prophetic!

Zordon

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really see a great team in the Big 12 either. Last night was a perfect example of that. Your words were prophetic!
I'm still upset about the loss on Saturday. I guess that's a good thing because it means my expectations are getting back to normal levels for this program.

Todd Orlando has not had his side prepared for the start of games. Jason Washington also needs to get his unit together because the secondary play has deteriorated the last few games.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm still upset about the loss on Saturday. I guess that's a good thing because it means my expectations are getting back to normal levels for this program.

Todd Orlando has not had his side prepared for the start of games. Jason Washington also needs to get his unit together because the secondary play has deteriorated the last few games.

Well, there were some things going on at Texas over the past couple weeks. Several players were disciplined for violating team rules etc. This was definitely not the way to prepare for OkieSt., over the bye week.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I want a Michigan vs Alabama Championship game. I was down on Michigan early in the season, but they just keep getting better each game. I'd like to see the Michigan D against Alabama. But still got some games to win, plus OSU still stands in the way.

ghst187

Reaction score
Just give Alabama the championship now and end their season. The rest of the season will be everyone else playing for 2nd place

Pretty much, CFB has gotten really boring. Where’s Condoleezza with some new parity inducing rules when you need them?

Will Saban get bored winning 10 titles in a row? Will Jerry convince him to try the NFL again?

lukin2006

Reaction score
The last 4 games for MIchigan, the opposing QBS have not completed more than 8 passes against UM's D...thats some pretty impressive pass coverage. They got Gary and Black back for the stretch run...Go Blue...

4th_and_short

Reaction score
Irish fan here. I’m happy the team finally benched Wimbush after a season and a half of ineptitude, and have enjoyed watching the offense light it up with Book taking the snaps. Defense is playing pretty stellar as well. Love the LB duo of Coney & Tranquill.

But let’s be honest, this is Bama’s repeat to lose. I don’t see anyone beating them with how they’re playing on both sides of the ball. That smack down @ LSU was a huge statement win.

Top 4 when all the dust settles:

#1 Bama
#2 Clemson
#3 Notre Dame
#4 Michigan

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
*good
It's a rough year in the Big 12.
OU and WVA are the bets of the very flawed bunch.
Tech likely beats both if they had their starting QB all game.

A lot of good games however between above average teams.
I expect Big 12 will fair very well in the Bowl season partly because they won't face any of the best teams.

The 9 game schedule has to go... add 2 teams and get like everyone else.
This model made the Big 10 lots of money but killed them competitively and it is doing the exact same for the Big 12.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
And this may be the first year since it's inception I'd say the old model of just voting in an obvious champ makes sense.
The playoffs seems anti-climatic.
Bama is as good this year as people pretend they are every year.

4th_and_short

Reaction score
*good
It's a rough year in the Big 12.
OU and WVA are the bets of the very flawed bunch.
Tech likely beats both if they had their starting QB all game.

A lot of good games however between above average teams.
I expect Big 12 will fair very well in the Bowl season partly because they won't face any of the best teams.

The 9 game schedule has to go... add 2 teams and get like everyone else.
This model made the Big 10 lots of money but killed them competitively and it is doing the exact same for the Big 12.

I’d agree the conference within itself is pretty competitive. Having only 10 teams and before last year no conference championship game definitely hurt the league. As far as expansion goes, I’m not sure who are viable candidates. BYU seemed like a good fit both for play style and geographically, but I’m not sure where else to go unless SMU or maybe Boise State gets in. Really the only viable teams, imo, would be to poach from AAC or MWC. WVU was a good addition based on play style but they’re so far from the core of the conference travel wise.

4th_and_short

Reaction score
And this may be the first year since it's inception I'd say the old model of just voting in an obvious champ makes sense.
The playoffs seems anti-climatic.
Bama is as good this year as people pretend they are every year.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bama v Clemson IV personally. The playoff has offered up some really great games that otherwise wouldn’t have been played under the old system. Were Clemson and OU really the best two teams last year? Results on the field disagreed.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Just give Alabama the championship now and end their season. The rest of the season will be everyone else playing for 2nd place
Yeah CFB is pretty boring right now. It’s almost the same 3 or 4 teams in the championship. It’s kind of like the NBA since you know who’s going to be there at the end.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind seeing Bama v Clemson IV personally. The playoff has offered up some really great games that otherwise wouldn’t have been played under the old system. Were Clemson and OU really the best two teams last year? Results on the field disagreed.
Clemson is no where near as good as Bama.
The are 2nd based largely on reputation.
Have no one currently rated top 15 on the schedule. And they will play a team in ACCCG that has at least 3 losses.

It's a really down year in the ACC like most conferences.
I don't even think the SEC is that good, but everyone has fallen off to the point they are vastly superior.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I’d agree the conference within itself is pretty competitive. Having only 10 teams and before last year no conference championship game definitely hurt the league. As far as expansion goes, I’m not sure who are viable candidates. BYU seemed like a good fit both for play style and geographically, but I’m not sure where else to go unless SMU or maybe Boise State gets in. Really the only viable teams, imo, would be to poach from AAC or MWC. WVU was a good addition based on play style but they’re so far from the core of the conference travel wise.

I'd go USF and Tulane personally.
Add New Orleans and Tampa for recruiting plus excellent places to visit for games.
Schools that would get massive boost from joining the conference and both would hurt the SEC a small bit.