NCAA Football Bowl Games

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Here comes the greatest show on turf...college style.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking ahead, Texas and Ole Miss should rule the SEC West next year. Bama needs a Qb and I don’t see one coming.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Texas hasn’t seen an offense with this much talent. Washington looking good.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possible, with a full roster and Travis at QB.
If Travis is at QB, FSU is in and Bama probably gets left out. Texas was always going ahead of Bama bc they beat them in Tuscaloosa which is a rarity.

1942willys

Reaction score
I think Saban was hoping Buchner would win the job. Not sure what happened in that competition that lead to Millroe winning the job.
IF Saban thought Buchner was a QB then senility has set in

And yes I have seen him play and he is PATHETIC
The fact he got beat out by Millroe says it all

1942willys

Reaction score
Well, his other choice was Millroe. So it’s not like choosing between hurts and Tua.
Buchner did NOTHING at ND with Rees there and Saban brings him in and expects something different?
What was that definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Buchner did NOTHING at ND with Rees there and Saban brings him in and expects something different?
What was that definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results?
Again , it’s not like he had a lot of options. Bama has gone from QB U to zippo real fast.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I think UGA thought they could just show up and win. Bama got lucky the week before in Auburn and didn’t look like a typical Saban team.
You're likely correct

Georgia looked every bit a championship level team all year but one game. Just picked the wrong time to have an average day

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're likely correct

Georgia looked every bit a championship level team all year but one game. Just picked the wrong time to have an average day
UGA just has the kind of talent on the OL and DL that would match up with Michigan better than Alabama……. They also have a better passing game. But, even though they were out- physicalled and out schemed most of the game, they allowed that last minute 75 yard drive or they are playing Washington. You don’t see many Saban teams give up those kind of drives in the final minutes.

1942willys

Reaction score
UGA just has the kind of talent on the OL and DL that would match up with Michigan better than Alabama……. They also have a better passing game. But, even though they were out- physicalled and out schemed most of the game, they allowed that last minute 75 yard drive or they are playing Washington. You don’t see many Saban teams give up those kind of drives in the final minutes.
Is Saban slipping? or is it just that every dynasty comes to an end sooner or later?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Saban slipping? or is it just that every dynasty comes to an end sooner or later?
He’s not slipping at all. It’s miraculous he got this team into a playoff and won the SEC. This is not a typical Bama team loaded with 12 guys ready for the NFL in April. In fact , this is probably the least talented team he’s had in a decade, particularly on offense.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Anyone notice the dilution in quality football in this year’s Bowl games? Many future NFL draft picks are skipping their Bowl games. I fought hard to get my Bachelors going to lunch and nighttime classes during my 20 year military career and would never pass up the opportunity to play in a Bowl game, not that I’m anywhere talented enough. It’s a shame because the bowl games use to be so competitive. I think we’re in the middle of a transition to a bigger playoff similar to NCAA Basketball. Not 64 teams but more like 32. I think it’s coming in the next 50 years.
This is a popular take but it is also nonsense.

Fans pretend love to act like they were super invested in the 1987 Sun bowl.
The are lying.

Bowl season has always been about your team, a few big Bowls and then intriguing match ups.

Last night was still a mass of errors with the best teams and the best players all competing. That is the nature of college football. It isn't the pros. You do have missed FG and bobbled snaps and bad plays. And you have special players make big time plays that seem impossible. Its magic in that moment when a kid like Penix displays true elevation.

Bowls are rewards. If kids want to opt out then so be it. You play younger guys and reward them instead.
Fans love to cry but no one made them watch any Bowl game.
If fans stop watching, they will stop televising them and thus they will stop occurring.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Transfer portal has evened out depth to some extent and now QB's matter more than ever before.
Much like the NFL.
Once Bama goes out and gets a vet star QB yearly they'll go back to winning nattys.
But they aren't going to overwhelm people with their 4-deep anymore because kids transfer out to play.
And I am here for it.
I'd rather watch more balance and more kids actually play then 6-8 teams hording a bunch of kids on the bench.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He’s not slipping at all. It’s miraculous he got this team into a playoff and won the SEC. This is not a typical Bama team loaded with 12 guys ready for the NFL in April. In fact , this is probably the least talented team he’s had in a decade, particularly on offense.
That same sentence has been uttered about 4 times in 6 seasons.
The difference now is Bama lacks the depth to just run roughshod over teams.
Bama shouldn't have made the CFP (a 10-point home less is enough to miss out), but they were grandfathered in based on prior personal and league success.

A miracle play versus a bad Auburn team kept them alive but 20-points in an OT game showed they did not have enough offense for the CFP.

Washington was the best team all year and UT was probably the 2nd best team. The B1G were paper tigers but Michigan is a tough, old school team.
I just don't think they can handle Penix and those WASH WRs and a track meet would be very bad for MICH.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That same sentence has been uttered about 4 times in 6 seasons.
The difference now is Bama lacks the depth to just run roughshod over teams.
Bama shouldn't have made the CFP (a 10-point home less is enough to miss out), but they were grandfathered in based on prior personal and league success.

A miracle play versus a bad Auburn team kept them alive but 20-points in an OT game showed they did not have enough offense for the CFP.

Washington was the best team all year and UT was probably the 2nd best team. The B1G were paper tigers but Michigan is a tough, old school team.
I just don't think they can handle Penix and those WASH WRs and a track meet would be very bad for MICH.
Thats BS. The were in the CFP bc they won the SEC which is college football’s greatest accomplishment. I disagree with just about every opinion you offer so this is no surprise.