NCAA Tournament Thread - March Madness

DFWJC

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4479014 said:
All you Tar Heels fan must be sweating...

Without the NCAA assist leader and the head of the snake, so to speak, we all knew their days were numbers

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4479123 said:
point prediction. How the hell does that work anyway? Total or just closes winning score?

Not quite sure, I have never been in that situation.:(

Aikbach

Reaction score
Well they were definitely the underdog, the turnovers and missed shots compounded that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ConcordCowboy;4479471 said:

My wife and that entire side of my family is from Dayton. I currently live in a divided house. The good news is everything will work out OK for me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No chance for Carolina to beat Kansas last night. You could just see that in critical situations, there was nobody who could get the Heels into there offense. One guy pounding the ball and four other guys watching is what it looked like too many times. When White was out, we didn't even get a shot off many times. Not like any Heels fans didn't expect this. It's a shame because I think the Heels, with Marshall, walk over Kansas but that's not the game and not how it worked out.

Congratulations Jay Hawks. Good luck the rest of the way.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4479495 said:
I'd love to see he who shall not be named get beaten in the Final 4 by Pitino. :D

ill say it! calipari, im not scared of his name! his original name was ric apali (it works right?)

DFWJC

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4479728 said:
No chance for Carolina to beat Kansas last night. You could just see that in critical situations, there was nobody who could get the Heels into there offense. One guy pounding the ball and four other guys watching is what it looked like too many times. When White was out, we didn't even get a shot off many times. Not like any Heels fans didn't expect this. It's a shame because I think the Heels, with Marshall, walk over Kansas but that's not the game and not how it worked out.

Congratulations Jay Hawks. Good luck the rest of the way.
No doubt.
And the perimeter defensive liabilites you noted earlier came to fruition.

Oh well, I bet UNC has 4 guys go pro now. They probably would have anyway, but when an injury derails a potential Final 4 it makes it so much clearer for these guys that some things are out of their control. Plus, the inury could have been any of them and could have been much worse; so that reminds them that careers can be short as well.
I think they all improved, so the extra year certainly didn't hurt.

Nice game by the Jayhawks

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DFWJC;4479743 said:
No doubt.

Oh well, I bet UNC has 4 guys go pro now. They probably would have anyway, but when an injury derails a potential Final 4 it makes it so much clearer for these guys that some things are out of their control. Plus, the inury could have been any of them and could have been much worse; so that reminds them that careers can be short as well.

Yeah, I can see Carolina losing Henson and, of course, Zellner. I think that Marshall would do well to stay in because while it's clear he is an excellent passer, he is not the scoring threat I think he will need to be to go higher in the draft. If he sticks around and develops his 3 pt shot and his medium range jumper, he becomes a top 10 pick.

Barnes, IMO, has suffered most on this deal. It's pretty clear that he, for whatever reason, has not developed the ability to get his own offense off. He has all the skills but for whatever reason, he just can not seem to step up and take over in critical situation without Marshall. That's something that I believe the NBA is going to look at. He's probably not a top 2 or 3 pick in the NBA anymore and he was before this tournament started IMO. I think that he too would do well to stay in.

Regardless, Carolina is going to have a hard time replacing talent on the front line because they have not recruited any real height. They have 6'10" Hubert Desmond but that's it. They have Joel James who is 6'10" and Brice Johnston who is 6'9" but nobody taller then that coming in or on the roster except Henson who is probably leaving. I think McAdoo is probably the starting PF next year but at C, we are going to be hurting IMO and we have zero depth at any of those positions.

JMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4479828 said:
Yeah, I can see Carolina losing Henson and, of course, Zellner. I think that Marshall would do well to stay in because while it's clear he is an excellent passer, he is not the scoring threat I think he will need to be to go higher in the draft. If he sticks around and develops his 3 pt shot and his medium range jumper, he becomes a top 10 pick.

Barnes, IMO, has suffered most on this deal. It's pretty clear that he, for whatever reason, has not developed the ability to get his own offense off. He has all the skills but for whatever reason, he just can not seem to step up and take over in critical situation without Marshall. That's something that I believe the NBA is going to look at. He's probably not a top 2 or 3 pick in the NBA anymore and he was before this tournament started IMO. I think that he too would do well to stay in.

Regardless, Carolina is going to have a hard time replacing talent on the front line because they have not recruited any real height. They have 6'10" Hubert Desmond but that's it. They have Joel James who is 6'10" and Brice Johnston who is 6'9" but nobody taller then that coming in or on the roster except Henson who is probably leaving. I think McAdoo is probably the starting PF next year but at C, we are going to be hurting IMO and we have zero depth at any of those positions.

JMO.
When you'r ewaiting to hear from three players on wheter or not they'll leave early, it's tough to recruit those position. At places like Kentucky, one and done for the top players is expected, so they just reload.

Zeller graduates, but I also see Barnes, Henson, and Marshall all going pro.
I guess Marshall could stick around, though I think UNC has a decent PG coming in next year (Marcus Paige) and a potentially great one (Nate Britt coming in 2013).
As for size, a center, Joel James, is coming in this year that is 6'11, 280. We'll see if he's any good (4 star).

DFWJC

Reaction score
DFWJC;4479743 said:
No doubt.

Well, as I expected, sadly, all of them are coming out.

Kendall Marshall, John Henson, and Harrison Barnes will all join senior Tyler Zeller in the NBA draft.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DFWJC;4486170 said:
Well, as I expected, sadly, all of them are coming out.

Kendall Marshall, John Henson, and Harrison Barnes will all join senior Tyler Zeller in the NBA draft.

Saw that reported last night on ESPN. That's really bad news for us IMO. Another young team with little height and experience.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4486871 said:
Saw that reported last night on ESPN. That's really bad news for us IMO. Another young team with little height and experience.
It won't be anything like the last time everyone left--when they didn't even make the tourney. But it could be a realtively rough year.

And get this, there is serious talk of McAdoo leaving too. That would be crushing. The latest projections have him also in lottery range.
His parents say they expect him back though, but it will be up to him.

Anyway, back to the Final Four: all four remaining programs have great histories.
It should be interesting.

I'm pulling for Ohio State (mainly b/c I don't want KU or UK to get another title...haha)
I also have relatives that went to OSU.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DFWJC;4486917 said:
It won't be anything like the last time everyone left--when they didn't even make the tourney. But it could be a realtively rough year.

And get this, there is serious talk of McAdoo leaving too. That would be crushing. The latest projections have him also in lottery range.
His parents say they expect him back though, but it will be up to him.

Anyway, back to the Final Four: all four remaining programs have great histories.
It should be interesting.

I'm pulling for Ohio State (mainly b/c I don't want KU or UK to get another title...haha)
I also have relatives that went to OSU.

We can only hope that one of these PFs or Centers reconsider Carolina since there will undoubtedly be immediate playing time.

As far as the tourney goes, I'm pulling for Kansas. They are Big 12 but more then that, Carolina and Kansas are tied together from way back. If we can not win it, I would like Kansas to win it.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
DFWJC;4487217 said:
They're loaded, but I'm not pulling for those Cats.

I have tons of relatives there. They eat, sleep & breath UK basketball. That's that state's sport fix.