Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4485089 said:
you are getting too emotional over this for whatever reason, why you care so much is beyond me

yea glad i didn't say the black community was slapped or anything.

to rise above where we are, takes putting things down.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dallas;4485077 said:
Kinda what the special investigation is attempting to do, but folks like yourself who obviously know it all and have all of the evidence, have no patience to allow even that.

I'm just sayin....

the problem with that line of thinking, is I really think nothing would've happened if not for the media backlash. they decided not to prosecute, and I doubt anything has come up in the last month, thar was unavailable to investigators that would cause them to change their minds.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
iceberg;4485085 said:
ooo - a slap on the black community...

pathetic. your agenda is showing.

what gets old is when someone uses race as a defense.

please he commented that it was a black guy, he only thought him suspicious because he was black, he wasn't doing anything wrong, just black in a neighbourhood your hero thought he shouldn't be in

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4485093 said:
the problem with that line of thinking, is I really think nothing would've happened if not for the media backlash. they decided not to prosecute, and I doubt anything has come up in the last month, thar was unavailable to investigators that would cause them to change their minds.

maybe nothing should have happened.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4485095 said:
please he commented that it was a black guy, he only thought him suspicious because he was black, he wasn't doing anything wrong, just black in a neighbourhood your hero thought he shouldn't be in

if i accused you of such shallow thinking you'd squeel like a pig.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
iceberg;4485091 said:
yea glad i didn't say the black community was slapped or anything.

to rise above where we are, takes putting things down.

it also takes acknowledging that it is easy for you and I, two white guys, to claim that it isn't racial, that black guys aren't treated differently etc but we will never know what it is like for young black males who are often looked at suspiciously for no reason other than the colour of their skin

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4485098 said:
it also takes acknowledging that it is easy for you and I, two white guys, to claim that it isn't racial, that black guys aren't treated differently etc but we will never know what it is like for young black males who are often looked at suspiciously for no reason other than the colour of their skin

you wanna meke this racial, i'm out.

period.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4485103 said:
sometimes the shallow view is the right one, there was no other reason to kill the guy

the shallow view is always shallow.

night.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Brian_C82;4485042 said:
If you look closely at the video, you can see two separate marks on the back of Zimmerman's head.

I'm not really sure if those are anything more than just his scalp.

There's other shots where he turns his head more than enough to get a view of them and the marks aren't visible.

Could be marks I suppose but they look awful big in that snap but don't seem to appear in other shots.

Maybe if ABC hadn't smeared their corporate feces all over the screen we could get a better look.

Or maybe if it wasn't a cellphone recording a monitor.

If he has injuries, I can't imagine that there are not pictures of them that were taken during his visit.

I think the biggest thing the video shows is his clean t-shirt.

You'd think a broken knows would have covered that thing in blood. Especially since he was knocked down and lying on his back for some time.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe at this point all of the relevant and important issues of this topic have been well debated and discussed. I would like to thank everyone for doing your best to keep this thread about the issues and limiting the personal attacks. Most of you did a better job at this than we have seen in the past especially with issues that cross so many controversial lines in today's society.

When several more details of this story become available, we **may** consider allowing another thread to be started to discuss them here. Hopefully, this thread will serve as a blueprint for how to discuss and debate future topics that are controversial in nature.

For now, I think everyone has made their arguments and opinions very clear so there is no longer a reason to keep this thread open. Please do not start any more threads or make any more posts referencing this topic!

#reality