Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

Noryb

Reaction score
TheCount;4474172 said:
Apparently Sanford City is now saying they couldn't arrest him at the time and can't now because of the law and the reports taken at the moment.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...-were-barred-arresting-trayvon-134007644.html

They are essentially saying Zimmerman has broken no laws, so he couldn't be arrested at the scene and because they didn't get any evidence to the contrary at the scene, they can't arrest him now?

I thought this was interesting...

Initial police reports never mentioned that Zimmerman had a bloody nose or a wet shirt that showed evidence of a struggle. Attorneys for the dead teen’s family believe the information was added in a second report to justify the lack of an arrest.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474329 said:
this is an opinion.

this is an opinion.

finally, a fact

another fact. what we don't know is if it was illegal

WHat did the Kid do wrong besides being Black in a Neighborhood that GZ didn't think he was suppose to be in or GZ acting like The Kid was on drugs and up to no good because of what? What made him think that he was on drugs and up to no good?

It's alright for Zimmerman to assume that Trayvon was guilty or about to break the law, but poor him if others Judge him of cold blooded murder.

What did Trayvon do wrong besides maybe fighting back when he felt cornered or threatened. Because I believe that a lot of people would fight back or run when a strange person follows them and corners someone just walking and minding their own business.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Noryb;4474348 said:
I thought this was interesting...

Initial police reports never mentioned that Zimmerman had a bloody nose or a wet shirt that showed evidence of a struggle. Attorneys for the dead teen’s family believe the information was added in a second report to justify the lack of an arrest.

Is that the case? I thought I had heard about Zimmerman being bloody early on...

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4474358 said:
WHat did the Kid do wrong besides being Black in a Neighborhood that GZ didn't think he was suppose to be in or GZ acting like The Kid was on drugs and up to no good because of what?

without knowing how the violence unfolded, I can't be certain.

the one mistake he did make though, is at some point he had beaten Zimmerman down to the ground. Zimmerman and only Zimmerman remained on the ground. The teen apparently did not take this opportunity to leave and taking such an action could very well of been the difference between living and dying.

Big D

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474380 said:

the one mistake he did make though, is at some point he had beaten Zimmerman down to the ground. Zimmerman and only Zimmerman remained on the ground. The teen apparently did not take this opportunity to leave and taking such an action could very well of been the difference between living and dying.

You mean like when he ran away the first time?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474380 said:

Or the difference between being shot in the chest as he was or shot in the back had he tried to leave.

We will all know more once the grand jury investigates.

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474380 said:

If you are struggling with somebody, just because you are temporarily on top doesn't mean you can get away. I'm pretty sure Zimmerman is stronger than him.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4474393 said:
If you are struggling with somebody, just because you are temporarily on top doesn't mean you can get away. I'm pretty sure Zimmerman is stronger than him.

a witness said Zimmerman and only Zimmerman was on the ground, so at some point the teen won the struggle, and remained standing over him.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474380 said:

Trayvon did try to get away and GZ kept following. Now I don't know if Zimmerman really did get beaten down to the ground or if it's a cover up and a Lie by both him and the SPD to get out of hot water.

But suppose that Trayvon did beat him down, again since when he losing a fist fight a right to murder, now anyone getting their butts handed to them in a physical fight can shoot and kill and claim Self defense?

If Trayvon was beating him down do you consider that he may have been in fear of his life from his strange man following him? GZ is not a Cop so how is the Kid suppose to know his intentions. A lot of people would be in defensive mode to someone following them, especially if Trayvon saw that GZ had a gun on him.

I see someone following me, I run or walk fast to get out of sight, the person still follows every where I go and corners me how am I suppose to react?

Big D

Reaction score
I guess I see your point. I mean, wearing a hoodie in the rain and evading a strange man chasing you is almost always grounds for getting shot!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474395 said:
a witness said Zimmerman and only Zimmerman was on the ground, so at some point the teen won the struggle, and remained standing over him.

there were witnesses that saw the struggle?

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474380 said:

He did exactly what I would want my son to do...

when followed he ran
when cornered he fought
while fighting he screamed for help

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474395 said:

The witness said the guy in the white shirt was on top, she never said he was standing over him.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4474407 said:
there were witnesses that saw the struggle?

yes, a part of it. he didn't see who started it, but he did see Zimmerman alone on the ground.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4474183 said:
Again, it doesnt make sense. A police officer can detain ANYONE for ANY reason they see fit. They didnt have to arrest him, and people are always at least detained for questioning in situations like this.

This is the part that gets me. He was not brought in for question. Heck police officers are normally brought before a review board for discharging their gun let alone if they shoot someone. Yet this guy claims self defense and they just take his word for it?

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474415 said:
yes, a part of it. he didn't see who started it, but he did see Zimmerman alone on the ground.

I haven't read that. Do you have a link?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4474412 said:
The witness said the guy in the white shirt was on top, she never said he was standing over him.

no, red shirt

It was dark, and the boy did not see how the fight started, in fact, he only saw one person, a man in a red shirt — Zimmerman — who was on the ground.

Big D

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4474417 said:
This is the part that gets me. He was not brought in for question. Heck police officers are normally brought before a review board for discharging their gun let alone if they shoot someone. Yet this guy claims self defense and they just take his word for it?

Of course! All of the FACTS pointed to him telling the truth. :rolleyes:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474423 said:
no, red shirt

Yet other witnesses said that they thought that Trayvon was screaming for his life. I don't see how this doesn't excuse the SPD from arresting Zimmerman and doing a proper investigation and letting it go to court.

Instead they dismiss and ignore the witnesses who say that it may have been Trayvon screaming for help