Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
TheCount;4474527 said:
Let's assume that's true. Zimmerman has been overpowered, is on the ground alone and Martin is standing over him. This would mean they had been seperated and, at least for the moment, the fight was at a standstill.

At this point, Zimmerman pulls out his gun and shoots Martin? Why?

unfortunately the only witness turned to look after his dog before the shot was fired.

forensics will certainly tell us the distance between the two when the shooting took place. If the teen continued to beat up the man, the distance might basically be at close range, which indicates a fight over the gun could of been taking place.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474533 said:
the private conversation has not been released. If you believe it has, show me it.

We know that at one point he was following him. Zimmerman claims he stopped and went back to his truck. He might be lying. He might not be. Do you have any evidence, I don’t. Once any of his statement can be proven to be a lie, his entire defense crumbles.

My argument remains that he is legally allowed to follow a person in public. That alone would not justify the teen attacking him. That is a separate debate then the one about matching Zimmerman’s claims with what actually took place.

sure i have evidence. he was seen on the ground. how did he go from following, of which he said he did but his father said he didn't (nice teamwork guys) to being on the ground, to being back in his truck, to then being back on the ground firing off a lethal shot.

if you follow me around dude we're gonna have problems. period. to say legally you can do it, give it a shot and let me know how that goes. you seem to think that this would never and should never cause concern and if you are concerned, you should remind yourself he's LEGALLY following you.

even though you have no idea why and to what intent.

show me the law that says you're legally allowed to follow whoever you want, please.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4474539 said:
if you follow me around dude we're gonna have problems. period.

I can follow you in public all I want, up to the point of you getting a restraining order.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4474539 said:
show me the law that says you're legally allowed to follow whoever you want, please.

in a free society, I don't need a law to grant me a right. show me the law that says I can't follow you in a public sphere. that is how our legal system works.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474538 said:
unfortunately the only witness turned to look after his dog before the shot was fired.

forensics will certainly tell us the distance between the two when the shooting took place. If the teen continued to beat up the man, the distance might basically be at close range, which indicates a fight over the gun could of been taking place.

So you're saying in the few seconds the "one witness", who didn't see much at all, turned away to grab their dog, Martin decided to leap back onto of a disabled man to grab his gun?

Why, would a kid with Skittles and Ice Tea in his pockets, after disabling and separating himself from a man with nearly 100 lbs on him, decide to suddenly go back after a man on the ground with a gun in his hands?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg;4474476 said:
he wasn't sure of which street he was on in a neighborhood he lives in and watches like a hawk?

Yea ...... that seems pretty shady.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
TheCount;4474559 said:
So you're saying in the few seconds the "one witness", who didn't see much at all, turned away to grab their dog, Martin decided to leap back onto of a disabled man to grab his gun?

Why, would a kid with Skittles and Ice Tea in his pockets, after disabling and separating himself from a man with nearly 100 lbs on him, decide to suddenly go back after a man on the ground with a gun in his hands?

In a few seconds, he could of kicked him a half dozen times.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheCount;4474559 said:

he's being WAY OVERLY anal on zimmerman and giving him every benefit of doubt but none to the kid who's now taken from his parents.

you can simply listen to his ever changing story to know what he did was wrong. regardless of whether or not it's "legal" to follow someone around, zimmerman who was in his truck, only getting out to check the street address he turned in, was never following trayvon.

well wait, he did follow for a bit but he went back to his SUV.

yet somehow wound up on the ground close to the victims home and was seen there by a witness.

but hey, let's keep looking for a lie, we don't seem to have one yet.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474566 said:

really? where's the witness who saw this? oh wait, you don't have one.

funny how you demand nothing but facts for one side and speculate away the other.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The only people who actually do things because they are legally permitted to do so are idiots like the Westboro Baptist.

"Oh, I have the freedom of speech so I'm going to go spew my hate-filled garbage at the funeral of dead soldiers".

Please, enough with the "legal right" BS.

Any sane person wouldn't simply start following people "just because they could" and any sane person wouldn't NOT feel threatened by a person following them even though that person can "legally" do so.

What a stupid argument. Abandon all logic and reason because legal ability gives a "right".

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Now I'm hearing that ZImmerman said that he was going back to his truck and Trayvon ambushed him? Did GZ also tell his father that he never followed Trayvon and that's why his father wrote the letter saying that hsi son never did follow or confront?

The girlfriend says like it sounds like Trayvon was pushed, so I wonder if GZ pushed Trayvon in an atempt to tackle or detain him and Trayvon fought back.

The girlfriend also says that it sounded like his ear piece fell out. GZ tried to play cop in one way or the other and shot when he was losing a confrontation that he started by following and harrassing someone, when everyone should be able to walk without being followed and treated like a criminal.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eric_Boyer;4474566 said:

Hey man ...... I understand playing Devils advocate.......but his whole situation stinks to high heaven.

A 17 year old skinny kid is walking in a neighborhood at night ...... A 20-30year old stocky man who has a history of being a "tough" guy follows him after being told not too by the police.

Are we supposed to believe the kid attacked this guy, bet him down, and continued to beat on him until he was shot?

I am not buying it...... sorry.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
zrinkill;4474587 said:
Hey man ...... I understand playing Devils advocate.......but his whole situation stinks to high heaven.

A 17 year old skinny kid is walking in a neighborhood at night ...... A 20-30year old stocky man who has a history of being a "tough" guy follows him after being told not too by the police.

Are we supposed to believe the kid attacked this guy, bet him down, and continued to beat on him until he was shot?

being fat is not really helpful in a fight. yes, I think the 17 year old kicked this guys ***.

I certainly won't discount that Zimmerman shot him because he got his *** kicked. I find that highly likely in fact, but I don't think it can be proven.

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474544 said:
I can follow you in public all I want, up to the point of you getting a restraining order.

If a grown man is following your 17 year daughter around at night, be sure to tell her it's his right.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
zrinkill;4474587 said:

Nevermind the fact that EVERY 911 call from the witnesses that has been played has let anyone with a brain hear Trayvon screaming HELP at the top of his lungs until the gunshot. Gun went pop, all the screaming stopped. Period.

I've been a few fights in my life, and I sure the hell don't remember me or anyone yelling help while I'm WINNING a fight. Common sense folks.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474544 said:

I have already shown you that this isn't true. At a certain point it becomes harassment, and while a certain degree of repeated harassment is needed to be criminal, it does not make the behavior lawful. It is unlawful to harass someone by following them.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
JeffInDC;4474613 said:
Nevermind the fact that EVERY 911 call from the witnesses that has been played has let anyone with a brain hear Trayvon screaming HELP at the top of his lungs until the gunshot. Gun went pop, all the screaming stopped. Period.

I've been a few fights in my life, and I sure the hell don't remember me or anyone yelling help while I'm WINNING a fight. Common sense folks.

that is ridiculous. I have witnessed big burly men sound like girls when they scream out of fear.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Cythim;4474616 said:
I have already shown you that this isn't true. At a certain point it becomes harassment, and while a certain degree of repeated harassment is needed to be criminal, it does not make the behavior lawful. It is unlawful to harass someone by following them.

you gave an opinion, you didn't show me jack

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4474620 said:
that is ridiculous. I have witnessed big burly men sound like girls when they scream out of fear.

which is more rediculous - the statement you're calling out or zimmermans ever changing story?