Never before in NFL history

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I really feel like even without Romo we should be 6-2. In 4 of our 6 losses we've either had a lead or been in great position to get a win and the defense let us down late: Atlanta, New Orleans, Seattle, Philadelphia. What's frustrating is the defense was not the unit riddled with injuries. They have been more or less at full strength

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He has to play at Green Bay who hasn't lost at home in three years. Vs undefeated Carolina on a short week. At Buffalo. At Miami. Two games against the Commanders who always play us tough. Home against the Jets.

i don't see more than four wins there.

lmaoooooo. Wow. Yeah okay. To quote the great Phil Jackson "Oh how quickly they forget". You've forgotten how good romo is because you been seeing us look like crap the last 6 weeks

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Thank you for the slivers of hope and staying positive in a time when it's not so easy to do! :thumbup:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Bad teams find ways to lose close games, good teams find a way to win them.
Most games each week are a play or two from going the other way. Dallas is just a bad team right now.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Lipstick on a pig. Romo is the lipstick that makes this pig of a team look better than it actually is.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Must. Keep. Believing.

The season was over the moment Romo broke his collarbone and you have our genius talent evaluators to thank for that. With even a competent backup QB we win at least half of these games and were still very much alive.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Because we suck that's why. Because we're a football atrocity. A disgrace to the star. An EMBARASSMENT. We find the most inexplicable ways to lose football games. We can't execute. We can't have an all around game. We can't score enough touchdowns. Can't create takeaways. We give it away too much. We are not a good football team. To subject Romo to this would be cruel and unfair to him.

He'll be coming back to the same thing he's always played with...no defense:(

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Wake up people. The dirt has been shoveled over this season. All that's left is the obituary. As great as Romo is, he can't erase the losses already in the book and we're not winning out with him. That's entirely too much to ask. The team didn't rise up and have his back while he was out. I'm moving on to college basketball and my Wildcats. It sucks the season is over at the midpoint.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Never before in nfl history has there been a HC that has been exempt from any accountability and responsibility for the teams wins and losses.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
So tony romo comes back and you think it's more realistic that he goes 4-3 over his last 7 games? Have you forgotten just how freaking good tony romo is?

Sure. It is possible. Until you are mathematically illuminated, it is mathematically possible.

But this team hasn't won a game in almost 2 months. Only the 1960 team, 1988 team, and 1989 team--the three worst teams in franchise history-- had losing streaks of that length. This is a bad football team right now.

Do you really think Romo makes one of the worst teams in franchise history into a Super Bowl contender?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hey fellow Cowboy fans, butt hurt much? Stop your pathetic belly aching, pull your heads out your butts and listen up. We have 8 games left and Romo will be back after the next one. The sky is not falling. Did you hear me? It's worth repeating.. the sky is not falling. We've been losing some very close games and Romo would make the difference in every one of them. With Romo we could easily be 6-2 so this team is not as bad as some of you are making it sound. Believe it or not, this team has seen worse days. I'm sure some of you remember Troy Aikman's first season. We went 1-15 folks and we didn't get that win until the last day of the season. So chins up and realize much better days are right in front of us. The BS feeling sorry for ourselves stops now!

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Has a #6 seed went on to win the superbowl (broken in 2005 and 2010 by the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers)

Has a team gone 5 straight weeks without scoring a TD, and won a superbowl (broken in 2000 by the Baltimore Ravens)

Has a player held out of games, and still won a rushing title (broken in 1993 by our own Emmitt smith, on the way to a superbowl no less)

Has the superbowl mvp gone to a player on the losing team (broken by Chuck Howley of our very own Dallas Cowboys)

Has a team gone an entire season without a wr catching a TD (broken last year by the Kansas City chiefs)

There are plenty more examples, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are always records that have never been broken and things that have never happened in nfl history, until somebody actually does it. So yes while it's true no team has ever went to the playoffs at 2-6, at some point it has to happen right? Why not us? Why not our cowboys?

Garrett has already set numerous franchise records...unfortunately the records reference poor production an ways to lose. Garrett has ran this team for 5yrs ....we have seen enough to know he is not the answer. 1 winning season in 5 says thank you for trying but you need to go

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Because we suck that's why. Because we're a football atrocity. A disgrace to the star. An EMBARASSMENT. We find the most inexplicable ways to lose football games. We can't execute. We can't have an all around game. We can't score enough touchdowns. Can't create takeaways. We give it away too much. We are not a good football team. To subject Romo to this would be cruel and unfair to him.

We've lost close games to good teams excepting NE where we played a close half. With Tony we would have 0-3 losses.

What is the avg PPG for the offense and defense? There is an answer there.

The scapegoats should be those who made the decision to go with Weeden. That is where all this frustration should be directed. The rest is a tempest in a teapot.

Last edited:

RunDMC

Reaction score
lmaoooooo. Wow. Yeah okay. To quote the great Phil Jackson "Oh how quickly they forget". You've forgotten how good romo is because you been seeing us look like crap the last 6 weeks

This is the last time I'm gonna respond because you clearly don't get it. I haven't forgotten how good Romo is. I've maintained I think he's the best quarterback in the league and the MVP, but he is one man. As great as he is it's unrealistic to expect him to come back after two months off with a brutal schedule up coming to win every single game which is essentially what he'll need to do.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Can't believe we waited all off season just to witness this atrocity. Being Romo-less has exposed a lot of warts. Hard to be mad anymore, just disappointing on many levels...... :(