Never before in NFL history

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
There is a chance I can win the lottery tommorrow too. I highly doubt I will.

Yeh, I get what you are saying. Having a chance and having a realistic chance are two different things. Had we won tonight, we would have had a realistic chance.

http://i1265.***BLOCKED***/albums/jj511/sambaez513/50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga.jpeg

cowboys1981

Reaction score
One game at a time. If we were in the NFC South I wouldn't give these guys a chance. Despite our losing streak I can't help but feel we can flip the script with Romo and take 7 seven straight. I do have concerns but anything can happen in this league.

I know it's hard to have hope with the current QB situation, but
Romo does mask alot of our problems. I think these last 6 games can support that statement. With Romo, he knows how to manage the game, make plays and use the time wisely. His presence gives the defense the confidence it needs knowing we have a QB that can strike back.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hey fellow Cowboy fans, butt hurt much? Stop your pathetic belly aching, pull your heads out your butts and listen up. We have 8 games left and Romo will be back after the next one. The sky is not falling. Did you hear me? It's worth repeating.. the sky is not falling. We've been losing some very close games and Romo would make the difference in every one of them. With Romo we could easily be 6-2 so this team is not as bad as some of you are making it sound. Believe it or not, this team has seen worse days. I'm sure some of you remember Troy Aikman's first season. We went 1-15 folks and we didn't get that win until the last day of the season. So chins up and realize much better days are right in front of us. The BS feeling sorry for ourselves stops now!

Nobody is feeling sorry for themselves, just being realistic..................no team in NFL history has ever made the playoffs after a 2-6 start.

Sure its still mathematically possible, but so is winning the lottery. However, don't realistically think it is going to happen.

foofighters

Reaction score
I guess that means there's hope for Jerry to call my 42 year old self and wants me to coach this team to its first SB in many years. I'll go wait by the phone...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I for one don't want to see Tony take any chances where he's gone forever due to another injury.... Also, the opposition, knows that without him they have a high probability of a W even in a close game.... Easy to forget we face the Commanders 2X and they play us tough most of the time....

Exactly..............if I am a defensive coordinator, maybe I tell my guys (off the record of course) that taking an extra step to lay Romo out might not be a bad idea. The entire league knows we cant win one single dam game without Romo, so do I trade a 15 yard penalty for a W?

Just saying if I have thought about it, our opponents have also.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Once the Cowboys lose at TB next week, these kind of threads will finally stop popping up.

Yep, losing to the Bucs will have us "run the table" while Romo was out................0-7, lost every single game Romo missed

I personally go into the head coach's office the next morning and ask him if he wants a ride to the airport because his work is done here.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
That's fine, but all I'm asking is for people to address the fact that it is possible. Somebody has to be the first team to break this 2-6 playoff curse.

Don't forget that never had a team failed to win 9 out of 10 games and went to the playoffs.until Carolina last year.

Granted these are exceptional cases, but this team falls in that category IMO. Romo is that good.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I still believe in this team this year. The book hasn't completely closed just yet but it is getting close. Tampa is a must win game. Just get Romo back and coaching, defense, offense, run game, pass game, and even Front Office will improve.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
lmaoooooo. Wow. Yeah okay. To quote the great Phil Jackson "Oh how quickly they forget". You've forgotten how good romo is because you been seeing us look like crap the last 6 weeks

Either Romo is that good or he isn't, what I don't get is people talking about how he papers over our deficiencies then in the next breath say we are a .500 team with him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Were going to lose games when Romo returns..... I hope everybody understands that....

GB in GB. Carolina is undefeated. Buff/Miami/Jets all tough teams....

and , just for the record. The Commanders have a bette record then we do.

well drop at least 3 WITH Romo. we have 6 losses now.

yeah, we could win 8 straight. We could win the NFCE at 7-9....

yeah, that could happen.....................................yup; sure could. And I tell my kids anybody can be president.....

I hear you bro............what I am not getting is some posters saying we can still win the division at 8-8? Don't the Giants have 5 wins already? They are going to lose almost all of their remaining games? Plus, we still have to play Green Bay in Lambeau and the undefeated Carolina Panthers, and the Jets, Bills, and Commanders twice?

Even with a healthy Romo, we don't have the defense to run the table. Our freaking defense was sucking wind in the freaking 2nd quarter last night and posters think we are going to beat Green Bay and Carolina.

Just not happening, I totally agree with your point.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I'm predicting losses at TB, @GB, one of the Washington games, and either the Buffalo or NYJ game putting the Cowboys firmly at 6-10.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The season is over. The only hope we have is that we suck enough to get an elite player in the draft next year and hope he doesn't turn in to a bust.

Somehow I don't think the continuation of sucking will be a problem.

dupree89

Reaction score
The season is over. The only hope we have is that we suck enough to get an elite player in the draft next year and hope he doesn't turn in to a bust.

Somehow I don't think the continuation of sucking will be a problem.

I agree. I would sign right now for us to end the season 2-14. Unfortunately, I see it playing out like Wayne02 does.....probably 6-10 and that is a terrible spot to be. 6-10 = No man's land.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I agree. I would sign right now for us to end the season 2-14. Unfortunately, I see it playing out like Wayne02 does.....probably 6-10 and that is a terrible spot to be. 6-10 = No man's land.

agree.....6-10 Thats Cleveland brown territory...........if your gonna lose miss well lose big and improve the team in the draft.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nobody is feeling sorry for themselves, just being realistic..................no team in NFL history has ever made the playoffs after a 2-6 start.

Sure its still mathematically possible, but so is winning the lottery. However, don't realistically think it is going to happen.

I'm so happy to hear you have appointed yourself the spokesperson for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to find out how everyone else feels before getting back with me. I'm sure your due diligence will be rewarded at some point in the future. Just speaking for myself, as long as the Cowboys are mathematically still alive, I will continue to believe and even after that I will remain a loyal fan. Maybe you could pass that on to everyone that you claim to speak for. Thank you, good sir.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm so happy to hear you have appointed yourself the spokesperson for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to find out how everyone else feels before getting back with me. I'm sure your due diligence will be rewarded at some point in the future. Just speaking for myself, as long as the Cowboys are mathematically still alive, I will continue to believe and even after that I will remain a loyal fan. Maybe you could pass that on to everyone that you claim to speak for. Thank you, good sir.

Your welcome.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Has a #6 seed went on to win the superbowl (broken in 2005 and 2010 by the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers)

Has a team gone 5 straight weeks without scoring a TD, and won a superbowl (broken in 2000 by the Baltimore Ravens)

Has a player held out of games, and still won a rushing title (broken in 1993 by our own Emmitt smith, on the way to a superbowl no less)

Has the superbowl mvp gone to a player on the losing team (broken by Chuck Howley of our very own Dallas Cowboys)

Has a team gone an entire season without a wr catching a TD (broken last year by the Kansas City chiefs)

There are plenty more examples, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are always records that have never been broken and things that have never happened in nfl history, until somebody actually does it. So yes while it's true no team has ever went to the playoffs at 2-6, at some point it has to happen right? Why not us? Why not our cowboys?

we suck, that is why. We have to win eight straight just to be 10-6 or 7 of 8 to be 9-7. A win last night and I would have said we could do it. After last night, no way, season is done.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Garrett has already set numerous franchise records...unfortunately the records reference poor production an ways to lose. Garrett has ran this team for 5yrs ....we have seen enough to know he is not the answer. 1 winning season in 5 says thank you for trying but you need to go

I agree. I still say Parcells left one year too early. That '07 team would've went to the Super Bowl that year.