Never before in NFL history

mahoneybill

Reaction score
This is the last time I'm gonna respond because you clearly don't get it. I haven't forgotten how good Romo is. I've maintained I think he's the best quarterback in the league and the MVP, but he is one man. As great as he is it's unrealistic to expect him to come back after two months off with a brutal schedule up coming to win every single game which is essentially what he'll need to do.

I for one don't want to see Tony take any chances where he's gone forever due to another injury.... Also, the opposition, knows that without him they have a high probability of a W even in a close game.... Easy to forget we face the Commanders 2X and they play us tough most of the time....

Macnalty

Reaction score
That's fine, but all I'm asking is for people to address the fact that it is possible. Somebody has to be the first team to break this 2-6 playoff curse.

I am a fan no matter what feast or famine and my support still fills my sail. Time to kick some tail on the Buccaneers, love that Dez is making it real again.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's fine, but all I'm asking is for people to address the fact that it is possible. Somebody has to be the first team to break this 2-6 playoff curse.

We win the next 2 games. and NY loses to NE, we are 4-6, they are 5-5. One game out of 1st with 6 to go.
However, can we win in TB and in Miami, even with Tony back....nothing shows that we can.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

No, it doesnt have to happen. And anything is possible. Who knows, I might win the DraftKings FFL tonight.....:)

But I will say, at this point as a Cowboys fan, what else do we have?

20 years of poor to medicrority. just a few seasons here and there.....over 2 freaking decades!!

And now all of a sudden were going to win 11, 12 13 straight and roll through the playoffs??

Deep_South

Reaction score
Tampa Bay is 3-5 and 1-3 at home, and we are a better team on the road than at home. The losing streak should end there, and Tony is back against the Dolphins. It's an uphill climb, but we have 8 games left and we'll just have to try to win enough of them to squeak into the playoffs. Why not? The Seahawks got in once at 7-9. Let's try to sweep the Skins and see what happens. Even if we don't make the playoffs, beating them is always fun.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We win the next 2 games. and NY loses to NE, we are 4-6, they are 5-5. One game out of 1st with 6 to go.
However, can we win in TB and in Miami, even with Tony back....nothing shows that we can.

And the Eagles will do what? Lose to the Dolphins, Buccaneers and Lions? Not likely. That puts them firmly at 7-4 before New England.

To me, we gave them the inside track to win this division as sickening as that is.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Were going to lose games when Romo returns..... I hope everybody understands that....

GB in GB. Carolina is undefeated. Buff/Miami/Jets all tough teams....

and , just for the record. The Commanders have a bette record then we do.

well drop at least 3 WITH Romo. we have 6 losses now.

yeah, we could win 8 straight. We could win the NFCE at 7-9....

yeah, that could happen.....................................yup; sure could. And I tell my kids anybody can be president.....

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
How am I overreacting? This team lost six straight games. Spare me the excuses. Every team deals with injuries. Good teams find a way to overcome them. I mean damn we just needed one win against a bad Eagles team and we couldn't even do it. Blew another game against two other subpar teams in the Giants and Saints. The fact of the matter is this team is garbage. They're garbage. I have no respect for them. They aren't this bad talent wise, but when you don't play smart, sound football your talent doesn't matter. That's what this situation is. I would give away some of these bums for a 12 pack of Big Red. They're not even worth that. Id give this coaching staff away for a a bag of chicken. They are pathetic.

Yeah.

It's really not hard to see what the problem is.

Jason Garrett doesn't know what he is doing. We've known what we have had with him before now and it'll be moronic to go forward with him beyond this season.

The man can't get his team prepared. Injuries to star players happen in the NFL and most of the time it cripples your season but this year was different.

The horrible division enabled us to be able to weather the injuries if we could just win two ballgames. Yeah two. I feel like I watch the same ballgame over and over with this team and last night was no different. We can't win it at the end and that's your head coach right there.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
They all ate that cheese, from last year. Started with the FO and went all the way down to Rowdy. Creepy , $^$%^$%^ $%&^$&^

It was a disguise wrapped in an easy schedule, fortunate matchups with teams hurting, and an injury free season.....

why the hell is Rowdy smiling now???? he needs to be punched out...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the Eagles will do what? Lose to the Dolphins, Buccaneers and Lions? Not likely. That puts them firmly at 7-4 before New England.

To me, we gave them the inside track to win this division as sickening as that is.

Wasn't saying that. I don't expect them to lose those games. If we as cowboys fans think we can win those type of games. Then the Eagles, Giants and even the Commanders should be expected to win those games too.
We are pretty much done except the mathematical part.
Those teams would have to tank, or get injuries to their QB's also, as well as other players, for us to have any chance. As we would need to pretty much win out. And that is not going to happen, even with Romo.
Do I hope it happens, yes, but not likely.

If we lost to TB, then my mood will be, if we win, we win, but if we lose, then no big deal, get a better draft pick. Thing is they will not select a QB if there. So does it matter what our record ends up at that point...LOL...

I posted that as to offer something positive at this point, about winning the next 2 games.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

Just because most others have lost hope doesn't mean you have to. You just go right ahead and keep the faith, I won't bash you for it. I put our odds of making the playoffs right up there with getting struck by a meteor, winning the Powerball Lotto, and a few of the regulars on this site saying something positive...ever. Your point is valid, though. Some team will eventually do it.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I'm more distressed about the defense. It's not championship calibre. AT all.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Hey fellow Cowboy fans, butt hurt much? Stop your pathetic belly aching, pull your heads out your butts and listen up. We have 8 games left and Romo will be back after the next one. The sky is not falling. Did you hear me? It's worth repeating.. the sky is not falling. We've been losing some very close games and Romo would make the difference in every one of them. With Romo we could easily be 6-2 so this team is not as bad as some of you are making it sound. Believe it or not, this team has seen worse days. I'm sure some of you remember Troy Aikman's first season. We went 1-15 folks and we didn't get that win until the last day of the season. So chins up and realize much better days are right in front of us. The BS feeling sorry for ourselves stops now!

Not that it matters a whole lot, but that one win in 89 was more in the middle of the season (against the skins, who, IIRC, was undefeated at the time).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not that it matters a whole lot, but that one win in 89 was more in the middle of the season (against the skins, who, IIRC, was undefeated at the time).

I stand corrected, it was week 9. You are right... it doesn't matter a whole lot.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
Our team doesn't suck, at least not with Romo... Over this season and last season, we're 15-4 with Romo as the starter... What's our record if Romo had started every game? 7-1, or 6-2 maybe... It's a tough hill to climb, but if any 2-6 team could do it, it would be this one, because we most defenitely do not suck when healthy...

Agree with you wholeheartedly that our team does not 'suck.'

What we have is a good team, a great QB and really suspect coaching/management.

When you subtract the great QB from the equation we are left with a less than 'good team.'

And our failure to secure a single victory in Tony's absence pretty much proves it.