Twitter: New catch rule going into effect

blindzebra

Reaction score
Where does any of that prove that I didn't directly quote each of those articles' authors giving their own words?

When you're spending more time trying to pick apart articles I've produced instead of producing your own to back your case like I have repeatedly asked stretching back weeks now, it's probably because you have no articles and no case.
Just pointing out your blatant misrepresentation of the articles and your constant goal post moving.

You have been given proof that they changed the rule, but instead of acknowledging it you keep pointing to the same three articles that I just proved were exactly what I said they were articles repeating the NFL press release, and not one independent source saying the rule was the same.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Just pointing out your blatant misrepresentation of the articles and your constant goal post moving.

You have been given proof that they changed the rule, but instead of acknowledging it you keep pointing to the same three articles that I just proved were exactly what I said they were articles repeating the NFL press release, and not one independent source saying the rule was the same.

So in other words, you have none of your own that agrees with your "proof" that the rule changed from 2014 to 2015 and your answer to my repeated question is a "No," right?

blindzebra

Reaction score
So in other words, you have none of your own that agrees with your "proof" that the rule changed from 2014 to 2015 and your answer to my repeated question is a "No," right?
I don't need for someone else to tell me what I already know to be a fact.
And posting an article again would do what exactly? You would just make up crap to discredit it and then post the same three articles that prove absolutely nothing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

2013 explanation of Johnson and Thomas vs all explanations since the Dez play. Pre-Dez 8.1.3.a.b.c ends Item 1 regardless of when it is completed, post Dez it doesn't.
A.R. 8.12 shows that 8.1.3.a.b.c explanation was the correct way to interpret the rule in 2014, in 2015 to today that case play does not fit the upright long enough requirement.
2013 play Julius Thomas 2 feet down, reach while going to the ground ball comes out = TD, 2017 Jessie James 2 feet down, reach while going to the ground, ball comes out incomplete.

All three prove that the rule changed in 2015.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't need for someone else to tell me what I already know to be a fact.
And posting an article again would do what exactly? You would just make up crap to discredit it and then post the same three articles that prove absolutely nothing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

2013 explanation of Johnson and Thomas vs all explanations since the Dez play. Pre-Dez 8.1.3.a.b.c ends Item 1 regardless of when it is completed, post Dez it doesn't.
A.R. 8.12 shows that 8.1.3.a.b.c explanation was the correct way to interpret the rule in 2014, in 2015 to today that case play does not fit the upright long enough requirement.
2013 play Julius Thomas 2 feet down, reach while going to the ground ball comes out = TD, 2017 Jessie James 2 feet down, reach while going to the ground, ball comes out incomplete.

All three prove that the rule changed in 2015.

The only one trying to discredit anything around here is you, most likely as a smoke screen for not having anything else of your own to back the falsehood that the rule changed in essence from 2014 to 2015. I've just asked a bunch of times today and still nothing produced by any of you.

So you see, these threads don't have to go 100 pages. I just need to to hit a catch theorist with a Kryptonite question and then watch them avoid it like a vampire avoids the sun. We've arrived at that point much earlier than usual, haven't we? LOL.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The only one trying to discredit anything around here is you, most likely as a smoke screen for not having anything else of your own to back the falsehood that the rule changed in essence from 2014 to 2015. I've just asked a bunch of times today and still nothing produced by any of you.

So you see, these threads don't have to go 100 pages. I just need to to hit a catch theorist with a Kryptonite question and then watch them avoid it like a vampire avoids the sun. We've arrived at that point much earlier than usual, haven't we? LOL.
Ignore button here you come. Not wasting anymore time feeding the troll.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We screwed ourselves by not conforming to the rule. It was a bad rule but every team in the league had to play by the same rule.
You left the debate before it ended in utter defeat for the not a catch side of the discussion. Go back and read the end.

They quit when confronted with Blandino explaining two plays in clear English(among many other facts)that show the catch process could be completed while going to the ground. Its no longer debatable that the rules incorrectly according to the 3 step process.

They messed up. Changed the rule to make it more complicated. Now have changed it so confused replay officials can no longer overturn a play like Dez catch again.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
According to you and a handful of your supporters. The rest of the football world disagrees.
This was covered. You were proven wrong. You said you’d post the rule change that you say occurred before the 2014 season that you claim would explain why Blandino’s videos of players going to the ground while completing the catch process were no longer valid in the 2014 season.

You never did.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
But you didn't answer my question. Do you have support outside of CowboysZone and other associated Cowboys fan blogger sites, etc. that there was a "huge change" to the rule from 2014 to 2015 in the manner you speak of? I just posted support that says it didn't change.
Later you can falsely claim you answerd the question.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You left the debate before it ended in utter defeat for the not a catch side of the discussion. Go back and read the end.

They quit when confronted with Blandino explaining two plays in clear English(among many other facts)that show the catch process could be completed while going to the ground. Its no longer debatable that the rules incorrectly according to the 3 step process.

They messed up. Changed the rule to make it more complicated. Now have changed it so confused replay officials can no longer overturn a play like Dez catch again.
Edit
~were applied~

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Are you really, for lack of a better or acceptable zone word, a troll? If so. That’s kind of sick. Whatever, I’ll feed you and go on one of your tangents with you to entertain myself. I find you both sad and funny.

I expect no answer to this just like all the others you ran from in this thread and the other, but here it goes.

How would a question about rule changes for 2014-15
be your “kryptonite question to the “catch theorists”? That has nothing to do with the Dez catch which is what the original discussion with Catch-theorists was about.

This is one of your sad attempts to derail the discussion with arguments that have nothing to do with the actual Dez catch play. Yet it’s your “kryptonite” question.

How revealing

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Prior to the 2014 season.
Dean Blandino:
“This is something we’ve worked really hard at to educate people, in terms of the catch process.” (This means you)

“Let’s look at the play from week one, the Minn. Det. Game where Calvin is GOING TO THE GROUND in the PROCESS of MAKING THE CATCH.

The process of the catch is a 3 part process-control, 2 feet down, and then have the ball long enough to perform an act common to the game. If you can perform all 3 parts, in that order, you HAVE a catch. If not AND you’re GOING TO THE GROUND you must control the ball when you hit the ground. Watch what happens when Calvin hits the ground, the ball comes loose. He did not have BOTH FEET DOWN prior to THE REACH for the goaline SO this is all one process. This is an incomplete pass.

@KJJ

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Bingo. Knowing the luck of Dallas, the new rule will in turn screw us over again

Yup, we will undoubtedly be on the other end of it now. I can see it now... playoff game vs GB and Jimmy Graham will go to the ground, the ball will pop out but it will be a catch. It will put them in FG range to win the game. Book it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The evolving definition of "the catch" will continue to induce controversy until the refs become consistent at applying that definition on the field of play. I've never liked the "Calvin Johnson Rule" which is defined as, "a receiver must maintain possession of the ball in the end zone at all times, even after hitting the ground." IMO, the effect the ground has with the ball should be ruled the same whether it be a run or pass. The fans know what their eyes tell them is a catch. Let that be what it is and be done with it. When the fans are told they don't know what a catch is, it hurt the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wrap the ball up regardless of the conspiracy rule details that confuse players and fans and guess what? It's a catch regardless.

Simple stuff. Protect the ball.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's a little late. Sheesh. What would have been ruled a catch in 1960 should be ruled one today. In their genius wisdom, the NFL over complicated things.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Other than Montana to Clark , it's the most nauseating play in Cowboys history , IMO.....................

Quickdraw

Reaction score
The part of the rule that remains is the part where the receiver has to have possession of the ball all the way to the ground. That again is up to interpretation.

The rule years ago was the receiver had to take at least 2 steps and have control to be a completion. If the ground caused the ball to pop out on the way down, as long as the receiver had possession, it was ruled a catch.

Those types of plays are called based on interpretation. Changing the rule but not really changing it where it's not left up to interpretation isn't really changing the rule at all. (now there's a mind boggler)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ignore button here you come. Not wasting anymore time feeding the troll.

Troll, Eagles fan, NFL apologist. I get called all these things by unhinged catch theorists who get pinned trying to promote a phony CONSPIRACY! with zero backing in the sports world other than from their own fingertips.

And now, quietly and peacefully ... kneel to Zod.