New Cowboys Controversy

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3056012 said:
Is there history of racism here that i'm not seeing? BTW, cute kids and nice costumes. Not the same thing IMHO though.

So which is it ?

The body paint ..... or the history behind it?

Or does it just depend on how you "feel" at the time?

aikemirv

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055994 said:
So what do you recommend people do who are offended by this? Are you saying they shouldn't get offended? Or shouldn't care? Because IMO, the solution should be what is occurring. Let her come under some form of scrutiny and move on. She doesn't have to lose her job. NAACP doesn't have to get involved. She learns from her mistake and others do and don't repeat the same action. But I think you're trying to tell me that they shouldn't get offended or just shouldn't care. I take that back. I'm not going to put words in your mouth but I'm not sure of a better way to handle the situation. I think its being handled accordingly.

Yes, they should not get offended. They should not care because it was not done with any racial intent and they should be thankful that society has gotten to that point IMHumbleO. They should forgive the past and not hold people in the present accountable for it because the people in the present had nothing to do with it.

Scrutiny for something that had no intent of hurt at all and that goes beyond what happened in history does not bring any type of healing but just raises more issues.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Ya know what? Maybe this doesn't matter but I'm gonna say it anyway....

I'm a Cajun. Ya know what we are called back home? Coonass. We we don't even shy away from it. But my grandparents had issues because back in the day, Cajun's weren't the most respected group of people. Anyone who even knows a Cajun will tell you about the way things were. But you know what? That was then. This is now. What happened to my grand[parents didn't happen to me. I didn't let it affect me. I didn't let it define me. I am a success today because I and my family "Got over it."

I could hold a lot of grudges because of what people called us but I don't. It's only when you let go of the past that you can truly move into the future.

You don't let your past define you. Especially if the past didn't happen to you.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3055994 said:
She learns from her mistake and others do and don't repeat the same action.

:lmao:

I hope she dresses like this every Halloween till the end of time.

She made no "mistake" to learn from.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3056021 said:
I think it is that easy. If the large majority of people are not offended, then it's probably a sign that it was not all that offensive an issue. If the large majority find it offensive, then it probably was.

So the majority rules when it comes to being offended? Is that what you are saying? I don't see how you can put emotions to a vote.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056017 said:
SO it has nothing to do with negative stereotypes .... just the body paint .... so it should be just as offensive for whites to see people in white body paint.

You guys are spinning out of control.

Once again for the 5th and last time its the addition of both. The black face and the tattoo's, dreadlocks and wifebeater. If she didn't paint herself black faced and had all the rest of that crap on? Not as tasteless. If she painted herself black but was dressed like Obama? She'd come out with the same scrutiny. Point is, just don't paint yourself to look like another race. That's what this boils down to.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056034 said:

:lmao: You're a funny guy! Because you said it, that make's it so, right?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3056043 said:
Once again for the 5th and last time its the addition of both. The black face and the tattoo's, dreadlocks and wifebeater. If she didn't paint herself black faced and had all the rest of that crap on? Not as tasteless. If she painted herself black but was dressed like Obama? She'd come out with the same scrutiny. Point is, just don't paint yourself to look like another race. That's what this boils down to.

But you can laugh at it if a black person paints themselves to look white?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NewJCowboy;3056047 said:

And because you said it did, does that make it so?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3056047 said:

She made no mistake.

There now two of us have said it.

I'm pretty sure in the rule book it says if two say so, it's so.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056034 said:

You don't get it and never will. And that's fine. If she's fine with offending some than go ahead. I mean its only a small few anyway. I'm done as far as this is concerned. You can't change a stubborn ones opinion. That was never my intent. My intent was to give the over sides point of view. But its going through one ear and out the other. That's fine. We all love the Cowboys and that's what we're here for.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3056043 said:
Point is, just don't paint yourself to look like another race. That's what this boils down to.

Except its ok in reverse to you.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3056043 said:

He understands what you've been saying. He just refuses to give it any thought or to put himself in someone else shoes.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3056059 said:
He understands what you've been saying. He just refuses to give it any thought or to put himself in someone else shoes.

LOL. You don't even know who you are talking to.

:lmao2:

Have at 'em Zrin!

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3056053 said:
She made no mistake.

There now two of us have said it.

I'm pretty sure in the rule book it says if two say so, it's so.

:lmao2: :lmao2: I'm sure you're right

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3056050 said:
But you can laugh at it if a black person paints themselves to look white?

Why do you keep bringing this up lol? I don't find it funny when black people do it either. White chics was not funny. Eddie Murphey in white face is not funny. Can you give me an example of a black person in white face being funny? I can't recall of any. I did find Robert Downey in Tropic Thunder funny. But I didn't find it tasteless most of all and that's what it comes down for me.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
There is already a thread on this in the daily zone from sunday.

A whole bunch of the other cheerleaders are there too. Looks like rangers picture derek holland hangs out with them too.