New Cowboys Controversy

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3056065 said:
LOL. You don't even know who you are talking to.

:lmao2:

Have at 'em Zrin!

Who he is is irrelevant...I don't "know" anyone on here. You're just words on a message board.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rocyaice;3056069 said:
Why do you keep bringing this up lol? I don't find it funny when black people do it either. White chics was not funny. Eddie Murphey in white face is not funny. Can you give me an example of a black person in white face being funny? I can't recall of any. I did find Robert Downey in Tropic Thunder funny. But I didn't find it tasteless most of all and that's what it comes down for me.

But you said "Don't paint yourself to look like another race." So obviously there are some exceptions when it is ok. Since we just established that, we are now just trying to define what they are.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056060 said:

How so? Is that what you're trying to do? Change racism in history? Good luck. I'll see if I can ask Doc to lend you the Deloreon. :)

81Deloreon2.jpg

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3056035 said:
So the majority rules when it comes to being offended? Is that what you are saying? I don't see how you can put emotions to a vote.

Yes. I suppose that is what I'm saying. Of course, you or anybody, is entitled to be offended over whatever you like. However, if the majority of people are not inclined to be offended by that which you find offensive, then what does that say? It is encumbant upon each individual to evaluate what is or isn't offensive and make reasonable decision. It is unrealistic to expect others to find offense in something if the large majority is of the opinion that a given thing does not offend their own sensabilities. In society, most times, majority does rule.

Do you believe that the minority opinion should rule in society?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3056076 said:
Who he is is irrelevant...I don't "know" anyone on here. You're just words on a message board.

But you are assuming something that you probably shouldn't. But I'll let my friend Zrin handle it from here.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rackat;3055656 said:
She is not "in black face". Black face was an intentional overcharacterization of African Americans during the early part of the 20th century. What this young lady did, was use makeup to change the tone of her skin to better match the rapper she was trying to portray in her costume.

Black Face was done with malice and intent to demean.

Wearing a halloween costume imitating a rapper is not even an issue. If it is, then you need to examine why it is an issue for you.

Exactly. She dressed up as Lil Wayne. She's likely a fan of his music, though that is nothing more than an assumption on my part. Black face was done with the intent to be jerks toward black people, this was not.

peplaw06;3055661 said:
The guy behind her in the pic has white makeup on to look more pale... I'm assuming vampire or something.

That's offensive too.

Clearly that dude from that awful Twilight movie should be in an uproar over this.

rocyaice;3055693 said:
Her intentions weren't malicious I don't think but it doesn't matter. She went out of her way to make herself black. That's where the controversy is at. You just can't do that. Even in 2009. Its not about imitating to be a rapper. If it was Eminem she was portraying there would be no problem.

Let me tell you what people see when they look at her. They see every single black stereotype there is. From the diamond teeth, to the wife beater to the hat, to the tattoo's? Its just tasteless. And then to paint yourself black? That's where the controversy is. I'm not sayiing we should be in a uproar about it but I am a bit shocked by the nonchalant attitude people are giving this. But I can't say that i'm shocked. Some don't know the history.

So basically, by what you said here, it's because she's white and decided to do a black person for her costume? If she'd decided to do a white rapper that would have been totally cool. So it's nothing more than the fact that she is white and dressed up as a black person as her costume. The stereo type junk is nothing more than smoke and mirrors in this case. You're offended that a white person dressed up as a black person.

WoodysGirl;3055703 said:
True and some people should evolve past the history and look at today's relevance of an act.

Exactly. It would be a totally different thing if she was doing it as a way to piss on the entire black community or to mock them. That is obviously not the case here.

aikemirv;3055712 said:
She is not in makeup to be a black person. She is in makeup to be a specific person.

I think there is a big difference!

Huge difference. She's not dressed up to be a stereotype to an entire group of people. She dressed up to be a specific person. There shouldn't even be a hint of issue with this but, as I suspected when it came up, the issue is simply that it's a white person who did it.

Reverse the roles and have one of those black chicks make themselves look like Eminem and this doesn't even get posted.

rocyaice;3055747 said:
Its not just about the fact she painted herself black. If you look at the picture she's enforcing every single stereotype that black people every day try their hardest to break.

Ummm...no. Absolutely wrong on so many levels.

#1: She's dressed up exactly like Lil Wayne is famous for dressing up. We all know now that he's going to jail he's changing his image as much as he can, and good for him if that makes him happy, but this has nothing to do with enforcing some stereotype on black people. If that were the case then you should be pissing and moaning about how Lil Wayne was doing that.

#2: They're trying hard every day to break them? All of them are? Really? I guess that's why ever black rapper whose into gangster rap and junk continues to dress just like that, call eachother the N word, and basically makes money off of every possible stereotype out there. I guess they're trying super hard to get away from it as well.

Cajuncowboy;3055749 said:
I wonder if he'd have a problem with a black person dressing up as a famous white person and putting on white make up?

Or maybe this..

white-chicks.jpg

Clearly Paris Hilton should have sued. Or at least started an angry blog about this travesty.

zrinkill;3055914 said:
Nope ..... some people can recognize what real racism is and what is not.

And some people look for anything that they can call racism to glorify themselves.

Exactly. Some people just have to play the racism card as often as possible. It's a by product of certain people and groups turning anything, and everything, they possibly can into an issue of race. Mainly cause, you know, they want to rid the world of racism...just so long as they don't get rid of it totally to where it takes away their ability to make money and cause issues over racism.

rocyaice;3055944 said:
How can you make new history when old history keeps rearing its ugly head? You have to know the history to move on to new history. If not, history will repeat itself.

One way is for people to stop trying to turn everything into an issue of racism, especially in cases like this when there is none to be found, just so they can bring up how people were treated 50 or 100 years ago.

FloridaRob;3056005 said:
I guess I should be preparing for a lawsuit. My grandkids dressed up as Gene Simmons and a movie star. What's the difference?

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v349/FloridaRob/100_9001.jpg

Pretty simple. They're white and they're portraying white people. That's perfectly fine on Halloween. Now had he dressed up as Jimmy Hendrix then there would be some serious issues man. Clearly then you're kid would be showing how racist he is and how much he wants to enforce racial stereotypes.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
If you show up in blackface, you are going to catch some flack.

We can argue until we are blue in the face whether it should or shouldn't be offensive, but if anyone who shows up in blackface is surprised that they are catching some flack, ... they just haven't been paying attention.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3056080 said:
How so? Is that what you're trying to do? Change racism in history? Good luck. I'll see if I can ask Doc to lend you the Deloreon. :)

81Deloreon2.jpg

Hey this reminds me...anyone know where I can get a good used Flux Capacitor? Mine's making a chugging sound.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3056080 said:

We are not talking about history (that you were not a part of), we are talking about the present.

And that young girl did not mean anything racial about her costume ..... the only people that put any racial motivations to it are people like you.

So get Doc to loan you that Deloreon and transport it to a time when people like you do not try and find something to be appalled about.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056058 said:
Except its ok in reverse to you.

Where did I say that? Where did I say it was okay for a black person to dress up in white fact? This is ridiculous. This is ridiculous we're even having a debate on black face even being on the same level as white fact. What the hell is going on here?

NewJCowboy;3056059 said:
He understands what you've been saying. He just refuses to give it any thought or to put himself in someone else shoes.

Yea i've spent wayyy too much time on this discussion. I came in to show the other side's perspective. No one wants to hear it fine. Go Cowboys. :laugh1:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
rocyaice;3056043 said:
Once again for the 5th and last time its the addition of both. The black face and the tattoo's, dreadlocks and wifebeater. If she didn't paint herself black faced and had all the rest of that crap on? Not as tasteless. If she painted herself black but was dressed like Obama? She'd come out with the same scrutiny. Point is, just don't paint yourself to look like another race. That's what this boils down to.

You mean if you're white don't portray a black person. That's what it really boils down to. Again if one of those nice looking black ladies had decided to be Kid Rock or Eminem then there would be zero issue with it. It's ok then, right?

This is as simple an issue as it always is in situations like this. White people shouldn't do these things cause they're white and it immediately means it's off limits otherwise, no matter what the intent or the situation, or anything else it's obviously got to be a white person trying to make fun of black people as a whole.

But reverse the roles and it's perfectly acceptable.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3056102 said:
Where did I say that? Where did I say it was okay for a black person to dress up in white fact? This is ridiculous. This is ridiculous we're even having a debate on black face even being on the same level as white fact. What the hell is going on here?

Yea i've spent wayyy too much time on this discussion. I came in to show the other side's perspective. No one wants to hear it fine. Go Cowboys. :laugh1:

It's not that we don't want to hear it. We just want it to be consistent and make sense.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3056102 said:
I came in to show the other side's perspective

Which "side" is that?

The over reactors? or the race baiters?

I lost track.

;)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Nothing like a Black/White thread to spawn pages upon pages of nonsense. There's nothing like the confrontation between those that are outraged and those that are outraged about the outrage. Anytime anything remotely racial touches down on the forums, it always explodes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheCount;3056131 said:
Nothing like a Black/White thread to spawn pages upon pages of nonsense. There's nothing like the confrontation between those that are outraged and those that are outraged about the outrage. Anytime anything remotely racial touches down on the forums, it always explodes.

:laugh2:

Are you trying to say that you miss the political zone?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TheCount;3056131 said:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/pee-wee.jpg

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
TheCount;3056131 said:
Anytime anything remotely racial touches down on the forums, it always explodes.

I think that is part of the point being discussed, .. this should not have been a racial issue.

Trust me, if it was I would be the first to condem it, this was not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ZeroClub;3056092 said:
If you show up in blackface, you are going to catch some flack.

We can argue until we are blue in the face whether it should or shouldn't be offensive, but if anyone who shows up in blackface is surprised that they are catching some flack, ... they just haven't been paying attention.

And that's what it comes down to. I think people understand that its offensive. I think the question if i'm reading correctly is why should someone in there 20's be offended by something that happened 90 years ago.

So basically, by what you said here, it's because she's white and decided to do a black person for her costume? If she'd decided to do a white rapper that would have been totally cool. So it's nothing more than the fact that she is white and dressed up as a black person as her costume. The stereo type junk is nothing more than smoke and mirrors in this case. You're offended that a white person dressed up as a black person.

You've just joined in on the discussion so i'll re-hash something I said. Heidi Klum a white women painted her face black for Halloween and I wasn't offended. Robert Downey Jr. , a white man was a black man in Tropic Thunder. Wasn't offended. You're trying to accuse me of being a racist but no there's no reason to go there.

#1: She's dressed up exactly like Lil Wayne is famous for dressing up. We all know now that he's going to jail he's changing his image as much as he can, and good for him if that makes him happy, but this has nothing to do with enforcing some stereotype on black people. If that were the case then you should be pissing and moaning about how Lil Wayne was doing that.

#2: They're trying hard every day to break them? All of them are? Really? I guess that's why ever black rapper whose into gangster rap and junk continues to dress just like that, call eachother the N word, and basically makes money off of every possible stereotype out there. I guess they're trying super hard to get away from it as well.

Oh wow. I Don't know what to say. Come to 2009. Rap has changed. Rappers have changed.