New HC Meetings Happening!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does anyone have a link for the job opening on Indeed? I don't see it posted but wanted to throw my hat in the ring. TIA.

JBS

Reaction score
I still don't understand this interest in Urban Meyer. The guy is sleezy. Covered up domestic violence for his coach for years. What the.....?

I would love to see Riley here, especially since we're likely stuck with Dak. He did wonders with Baker, Kyler, and Hurts, so maybe he's the quarterback whisperer we need for Dak.

ok the guy is a dirtbag..we can agree on that..why do you care? the guy isn't a
dak is not the answer. not a super bowl winning qb. cannot make throws downfield consistently.

Yeah he's only the second best deep ball passer in the NFL

Lolol..no idea how your are so clueless

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Give me Meyer
The man is the detail oriented, knowledgeable HC this team needs.
He's in high enough demand that he's not going to come to Dallas unless he gets some type of autonomous guarantee from Jerry.
Yes, Jerry would get to me the face/mouth of the organization, but UB would be the brains.
I'm really not that high on anyone else. They would just NOT be the Clapping Carrot

johneric8

Reaction score
Worst special teams in the NFL and a weak defense, but what we really need is a QB whisperer. Can't wait to see Riley beat Iowa State 42-41 and lose to Kansas State 48-41. We've already got that kind of defense. :muttley:

As for Meyer, he's elevated every team he coached. They all got better. Two of them won national titles.

Riley was handed an already established program and still hasn't won anything.

Yeah, I was laughing at @erod on that post. To dream up or even believe our biggest priority is some kind of quarterback whispering coach because Dak is out biggest weakness is Looney tunes.

I'm actually amazed at how some of these forum posters, that I know are smart, come to conclusions like that! The whole team including coaching, has been rotten to the carrots core...QB play has been one of the few bright spots that has shown improvement.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
The plusses of Urban Meyer, in addition to his resume, is that he doesn't stay long at one place. He is 55 years old, can come here stable things re-establish the correct culture and hopefully get it a few SBs.
That also gives Riley few years to sink his teeth in the HC job, learn more, run out his current contract and then come over here and do his magic

:cool:

CPanther95

Reaction score
If Jerry is going to keep picking the HC staff, he's got to hire a defensive guy as HC. If he hires a top notch HC and let's him build his staff from scratch, it doesn't matter.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Raiders got Gruden to come back out of the booth, look was he as done in 2 short years. If i was Jerry i would take a run at Bill Cowher, played in 2 SB's won one and went to 4 other AFC championship games, made the playoffs 11 out of 15 years and he did most of that with Neil Odonnell and Kordel Stewart as his starting QB, only had Big ben for 2 seasons

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I think Dan Quinn gets canned after this season. Wouldn't mind him as a DC

visionary

Reaction score
Raiders got Gruden to come back out of the booth, look was he as done in 2 short years. If i was Jerry i would take a run at Bill Cowher, played in 2 SB's won one and went to 4 other AFC championship games, made the playoffs 11 out of 15 years and he did most of that with Neil Odonnell and Kordel Stewart as his starting QB, only had Big ben for 2 seasons
Please no

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Please no

Why not? You don't think that a guy who coached Neil Odonnell and Kordell Stewart and was able to win with them (consistantly going to AFC championship games and a SB) might not be able to do the same thing with Dak?

blumayne38

Reaction score
I still don't understand this interest in Urban Meyer. The guy is sleezy. Covered up domestic violence for his coach for years. What the.....?

I would love to see Riley here, especially since we're likely stuck with Dak. He did wonders with Baker, Kyler, and Hurts, so maybe he's the quarterback whisperer we need for Dak.
He did whatever he thought was right, I’m not gonna judge the man. Not my place. Based on football alone urban Meyer would be a 100% upgrade from old school locker room guy Garrett. Meyer would know how to utilize Elliott to his full potential and he could bring in a flock of new coaches and players.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Since Jimmy Johnson, which college coaches without any type of NFL experience have succeeded?

I don't want a retread either. A coordinator with success in the league would be my preference.
Who cares? Why are we basing what would happen with Meyer off what OTHER coaches have done?

visionary

Reaction score
Why not? You don't think that a guy who coached Neil Odonnell and Kordell Stewart and was able to win with them (consistantly going to AFC championship games and a SB) might not be able to do the same thing with Dak?

he’s old and finished

he was never a great HC to begin with

those teams win because of defense and one of the best DCs I have ever seen, Dick Lebeau not because of him

I’m not a fan

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don't understand the interest in coaches who haven't even been an assistant coach at the NFL level.

Well, neither had Jimmy Johnson. I understand that’s only one example, but at this point any change is acceptable.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
he’s old and finished

he was never a great HC to begin with

those teams win because of defense and one of the best DCs I have ever seen, Dick Lebeau not because of him

I’m not a fan

Everybody wants a shiney new toy, well give me a guy with a proven NFL track record who went to the SB any day of the week over those kind of guys because only 1 in 20 of them every amount to anything

MaineBoy

Reaction score
ok the guy is a dirtbag..we can agree on that..why do you care? the guy isn't a

Yeah he's only the second best deep ball passer in the NFL

Lolol..no idea how your are so clueless

You, he’s the deep ball answer but he throws 5 yard swing passes in the dirt on 4th down and throws behind and in the dirt to an open Cooper on 3rd down. Cooper would still be running if he was accurate 50% of the time. Talk about clueless..lol.

Valkyr

Reaction score
You can keep saying it but that doesn’t mean it’s true.

Meyers record his first 2-3 years at every program he coaches were phenomenal. His recruits hadn’t even had time to take over the team and yet the teams were winning big time.

Go ahead and prove me wrong. What’s his record at Ohio State and Florida his first 3 years at the programs? Or Utah? He took some coach that got fired recruits and turned them into winners.

whatever Meyer did to you personally really stung I guess.
I mean, the guy only went 12-0 his first year at OSU the year after they were 6-7.

GMO415

Reaction score
Heard the same. Riley's at the stadium today so I'm sure he may stay the night and meet with the Joneses.