New HC Meetings Happening!

phildadon86

Reaction score
So is Riley coming from the Pros?

Meyer has multiple college championships
The guy has changed the culture wherever he has gone and has left Ohio State in a great position when he left
Apparently they got better when he left. @erod has brought up in multiple different threads about the whole DV cover up. Its obvious he is agenda driven when it comes to this Coach

817Gill

Reaction score
Tony Elliott?

That seems like the quintessential Jones hire. Limited experience which gives him little clout to push back on Jerry meddling with the coaching, etc.
Just a lot better game planner and manager which is the main issue. We’ve seen this team be able to win even if Jerry talks, 2016/2018. With better in-game coaching, this core might have a SB.

I know jerry is an issue but I do think you can win despite him

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't care if he's coached in the NFL before or not.....IS HE A GOOD COACH...thats all I care about.
☆Urban Meyer is.
☆Lincoln Riley is.
☆Chris Peterson is.

hire a good coach and let him pick his staff.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I still don't understand this interest in Urban Meyer. The guy is sleezy. Covered up domestic violence for his coach for years. What the.....?

I would love to see Riley here, especially since we're likely stuck with Dak. He did wonders with Baker, Kyler, and Hurts, so maybe he's the quarterback whisperer we need for Dak.
Man, we’re not asking him to come over for dinner or to watch our kids when we go out.

I just want my team to win. He gives us the best chance imo. As long as he’s not a current member of isis I’m ok with him.

lockster

Reaction score
The guy has won big at every stop..... "If Hannibal Lector could play QB in the NFL, a team would sign him and say that he has an eating disorder." Bill Polian
I don't understand how you guys post stuff about ppls. Moral standing , when the NFL is NOT a moral institution. The owners don't live moral lives if any that I've seen, and most fans aren't moral! And yet, you feel like holding a coach to a standard that most fans don't even meet. JSMH. How many ppl. Could be involved in the NFL, off just the issue of greed alone? Without going into other issues, drug use, promiscuity, vanity, lying, theft ....

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
If the cowboys went with a college coach, I would want one who has been amongst the best recruiters over the last five years, which gives him a leg up as far as upcoming draft class talent is concerned.

If they went the retread/coordinator rout, I would want one with quantifiable success as a position coach and as a coordinator.

No matter who they choose, they need to be able to handle the egos of millionaire players, millionaire coaching staff, and billionaire ownership.

kumizi

Reaction score
Meyer is a head coach that’s involved in all parts of his team’s game planning. I think we desperately need that. Coming into this year, I wanted the QB whisperer Riley but now I’d rather have a good head coach.

CB61

Reaction score
I was listening to 105.3 the Fan and they had Jane Slater on and she shared that Stephen has had meetings with Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley, and Tony Elliot.

She said she still believes JG will be a HC for another team in the league but that the writing is on the wall.

Just wanted to share!
We can only hope

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Will any of these caches have the power to make adjustments to their staff or players as needed? If one of these position coaches, say the ST coach sucks can they fire him? Can they cut the bret maher's of the league or do they have to run to jerry and plead their case untill the old man decides to let them go in a new direction?

Cmac

Reaction score
Urban will bail out with health issues, and Lincoln Riley thinks 50-47 scores are great.....C'mon Man!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I still don't understand this interest in Urban Meyer. The guy is sleezy. Covered up domestic violence for his coach for years. What the.....?

I would love to see Riley here, especially since we're likely stuck with Dak. He did wonders with Baker, Kyler, and Hurts, so maybe he's the quarterback whisperer we need for Dak.
You’d ***** about a million dollars in your Christmas stocking who the hell you thing you’re kidding?

Aven8

Reaction score
Riley is a brilliant play designer but I think he does potentially have a lot of coaching deficiencies that we don't get to see because he gets to beat up on bad teams every week.

Lincoln Riley would be a fantastic get and would be entertaining but I think Urban Meyer is a better fit for the Pro Game with all of the information we have.

Depends on who he brings in at DC. If he got Rivera for instance that could be something. That’s what Zona did for Kingsbury. Riley looks young but that dude can command a room.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I was listening to 105.3 the Fan and they had Jane Slater on and she shared that Stephen has had meetings with Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley, and Tony Elliot.

She said she still believes JG will be a HC for another team in the league but that the writing is on the wall.

Just wanted to share!

There will be more names, just Dallas cant talk to NFL coaches until after their season is over.