*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When someone is quoted you can click on an "arrow" next to the quote and go directly to the post that was quoted which is similar to what we could do before the change. For example if someone quotes me it will say KJJ said: and they'll be an "arrow" pointed upward so all you have to do is click the "arrow" and it will take you directly to my post.

I have noticed in a few threads that some who have been quoted the "arrow" doesn't appear next to their quote so you can't click their quote and go directly to the post that was quoted. It's important that you're able to click on every "quote" that's posted and go directly to the actual post so you know someone hasn't been misquoted.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When someone is quoted you can click on an "arrow" next to the quote and go directly to the post that was quoted which is similar to what we could do before the change. For example if someone quotes me it will say KJJ said: and they'll be an "arrow" pointed upward so all you have to do is click the "arrow" and it will take you directly to my post.

I have noticed in a few threads that some who have been quoted the "arrow" doesn't appear next to their quote so you can't click their quote and go directly to the post that was quoted. It's important that you're able to click on every "quote" that's posted and go directly to the actual post so you know someone hasn't been misquoted.

I see it on just about every post. It's quite possible on those where it doesn't appear they were posted prior to the conversion or they manually quoted the user.

/reality

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I see it on just about every post. It's quite possible on those where it doesn't appear they were posted prior to the conversion or they manually quoted the user.

/reality

I've noticed it in the "B.W. Webb thread" for about the first 2 1/2 pages you can't click on any of the quotes and go directly to the posts. You can click on the final few quotes on the 3rd page of the thread.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I said, those posts are from prior to the conversion. The new software uses a different tracking system for replies so only replies made since the new site went live will have the arrow link and as long as the user did not manually quote someone.

/reality

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
This site has the same dark blue background from the old site and the forums are white just like the old site as well. I heavily modified the theme of this site to look as much like the old site as possible while retaining the more modern look it needs to support today's features and uses.

Like any change, it will take time to get used to some things. Just give it a little time and I'm sure the new theme will become as comfortable for you, if not more so, than the old one and the old one will seem out of place :D

/reality

Maybe it's me but my page has White background. Ohly the CowboysZone header is dark blue. The ribbon featuring the different Forums (i.e., Fan Zone, News Zone) is in the beautiful royal blue with a white font.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe it's me but my page has White background. Ohly the CowboysZone header is dark blue. The ribbon featuring the different Forums (i.e., Fan Zone, News Zone) is in the beautiful royal blue with a white font.

You're getting the same background as me and I'm sure everyone else.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You need to add some laughing emoticons. :p

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Old Site:

sample-old-forums.png

New Site:

sample-new-forums.png

They are quite similar. That said, it is a new site and new software and that means changes. I understand people don't like change by nature, but it happens.

/reality

Shunpike

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work. I know it isn't easy.

The quotes appear pinkish. Any chance this is blue?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Seems fine but i thought it was fine before.

It was fine before but some of the new features have definitely made things easier. It always takes a little time to adjust to something new. Being able to see your avatar attached to every thread you've commented in has made it simple to locate the threads. If you jump around commenting from thread to thread you can sometimes forget what threads you've commented in which in the past made you have to search for them. Sometimes I would have to click on my posts to find the threads I commented in especially if the thread dropped off the first page.

Now you just look for your avatar attached to the thread. With the "alert" feature located in the upper right hand corner you're now notified when someone has quoted you in a thread and all you have to do is click it on and it takes you to their post. First thing I do when I log on here is check my alerts. Like anything new it takes time to get familiar with the new look and the new features. Some people are creatures of habit they hate changing their phones, cars and anything else they've grown accustom to over time. Even those who hate making changes or going through learning curves will adjust to this new format and prefer it over the old one.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned, but it looks absolutely terrible on smart phones. Trying to read posts is tedious.

It comes
across
like this
and makes
it hard to
read any
substantial
post because
you are
scrolling
for what feels
like forever
to read what
is the
equivalent
of two sentences

Not trying to nitpick; just showing as an example.... not sure if there is an easy fix or not. But I do browse the site regularly on my smart phone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is my goal to bring all of the old CZ emoticons over soon!

/reality

That's good to hear I'm one of those who likes using emoticons even though some are annoyed by them. If you can find and add a "yawn" emoticon that would be a great addition. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned, but it looks absolutely terrible on smart phones. Trying to read posts is tedious.

It comes
across
like this
and makes
it hard to
read any
substantial
post because
you are
scrolling
for what feels
like forever
to read what
is the
equivalent
of two sentences

Not trying to nitpick; just showing as an example.... not sure if there is an easy fix or not. But I do browse the site regularly on my smart phone.

Well, maybe your smart phone is not a smart as you think?

:D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any plans for access via Tapatalk?

Doubtful. Once XenForo finishes the responsive theme, there will be no reason to use an app. In fact, responsive design is starting to replace mobile themes on many sites with more to follow over the next year.

/reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It comes
across
like this
and makes
it hard to
read any
substantial
post because
you are
scrolling
for what feels
like forever
to read what
is the
equivalent
of two sentences

I understand, but it's a work in progress so hopefully it will get better soon.

/reality

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It comes
across
like this
and makes
it hard to
read any
substantial
post because
you are
scrolling
for what feels
like forever
to read what
is the
equivalent
of two sentences

I actually like the fact it does that because I don't have to keep scrolling the text over to read everything. In the old format the text was spread out wide and I couldn't see everything unless I scrolled over. I had to keep scrolling back and forth from one side to the next. I prefer having to just scroll down having the text in a long neat thin line. I hear a lot of complaints but I like this better. If you turn your phone sideways it will spread the text out.

Status
Not open for further replies.