*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While XenForo is still working on their responsive theme, I have disabled it so now you should see the same version of the site on all devices.

As I pointed out, XF is still creating the responsive part of the theme, so it is nowhere near done. When they finish it, I will be re-enabling it though.

/reality

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
While XenForo is still working on their responsive theme, I have disabled it so now you should see the same version of the site on all devices.

As I pointed out, XF is still creating the responsive part of the theme, so it is nowhere near done. When they finish it, I will be re-enabling it though.

/reality
That works much better. Thanks.

JBS

Reaction score
Just curious why you lock your phone? Any advantage to it?

No, no advantages. Just sometimes it's annoying. Like if I'm reading in bed or something. So I just lock it.

This works much better now. New site looks awesome.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I've been a member on a board where you have a "reputation" bar. Basically, anytime someone likes a post you have, it adds to your reputation bar. And same if they hit thumbs down, but it goes down. Any thoughts on something like that?

Also, on the old board, our post was a different color than the rest of the thread. I think it was purple? Will that feature return? It makes it easy to scroll right down to the last thing you've said in a post.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been a member on a board where you have a "reputation" bar. Basically, anytime someone likes a post you have, it adds to your reputation bar. And same if they hit thumbs down, but it goes down. Any thoughts on something like that?

This software (and most) don't support that because it becomes less about like or disliking and more about agendas and revenge down voting. The like system works better in this case because it lets everyone have a say in who is liked. Otherwise, the majority opinionated users would keep the minority opinionated users at 0 or less.

Also, on the old board, our post was a different color than the rest of the thread. I think it was purple? Will that feature return? It makes it easy to scroll right down to the last thing you've said in a post.

That was a feature I created and yes, my goal is to add it here as well.

/reality

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Sounds great. Thanks for all the hard work!!!
This software (and most) don't support that because it becomes less about like or disliking and more about agendas and revenue down voting. The like system works better in this case because it lets everyone have a say in who is liked. Otherwise, the majority opinionated users would keep the minority opinionated users at 0 or less.

That was a feature I created and yes, my goal is to add it here as well.

/reality

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...Also, on the old board, our post was a different color than the rest of the thread. I think it was purple? Will that feature return? It makes it easy to scroll right down to the last thing you've said in a post.

Yeah, that's a nice feature for those of us (guilty) we get so enamored with our own posts we like to scroll down to them first to see what's happened below our most-recent gem.

Although, alerts where will obviate the need for some of that. Really digging the alters feature so far.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm using the default colors for the quote boxes mainly to provide a little contrast to the rest of the site given the heavy use of blue and white everywhere.

/reality

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My guess is that the quotes are beige (pinkish depending on the screen), just to add a little variety in the color scheme. Personally I think it's fine, but maybe Reality should change it to sea foam green to match our home uniform pants.

That sure would spark some discussion :)
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/a-note-about-cowboys-pants-color.236105/
...As an aside, (too late to edit my last post) the hex color is A5BCBB :) . I kinda think using the green for quotes would be kinda ugly and I like the beige. But i like the idea just for teeth gnashing aspect of it all.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All you have to do is put in a URL

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Dallas_Cowboys.svg

Or just copy the link in the pic URL. It doesn't require me to have to use a hosting website.

Dallas_Cowboys.svg

I'm sure reality has a reason for using an image hosting website just not sure why.

I may be 100% clueless and wrong on this, but in the case you listed, wouldn't upload.wikimedia.org BE a hosting site (sort of) in this case? I think the decision to use hosting sites was based on the fact that the only alternatives at the time was that the pics had to be hosted at CowboysZone , which would have added up to a ton of space. The web has changed a ton in the last 9 years. Back in 04, we didn't have all these places to leave stuff online all the time and the CZ servers would have gotten pretty clogged up. As I see it, if it's got an external URL, it's on a hosting site.

JPostSam

Reaction score
thank you for all your work.

seriously.

but... i liked it better before. this is harder to read. tons of blank space, more colors making the posts more confusing and busy... and i liked having a player in the top right corner.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thank you for all your work.

seriously.

but... i liked it better before. this is harder to read. tons of blank space, more colors making the posts more confusing and busy... and i liked having a player in the top right corner.

Give it some time to sink in. It's disorienting at first, and hasn't been fully customized for CZ...but a lot of the new features are much nicer than the old vbulletin features. I'm willing to bet that, once you get used to it, you end up liking it better. If for no other reason than it's faster and that it encourages poster-interaction more than the previous forum software did.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and i liked having a player in the top right corner.
I will be implementing some type of replacement for the featured images. I am considering several ideas right now and there are other priorities at the moment, but I do plan to work on it.

/reality

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
The screen shot below - is how it looks on my Android phone. Is this how it is for everyone?

Is this how it will remain to look?

rr0cvp.jpg

Screenshot_2013_06_23_12_16_30.png

Thanks

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
@Encore @Zordon if your phone can rotate, simply turn it sideways and it will be easier to read. It should adjust and format it the correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.