*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I understand where some people are coming from by saying it seems harder to read. I think the actual text box or post area should be colored such as a light gray and have the avatar box space be cowboy blue. Or have the same color of the avatar box be on the post area box. Also maybe the quote box could be a different color. Otherwise looks awesome!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Is it possible to move the Post New Thread back to the top?

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned, but it looks absolutely terrible on smart phones. Trying to read posts is tedious.

It comes
across
like this
and makes
it hard to
read any
substantial
post because
you are
scrolling
for what feels
like forever
to read what
is the
equivalent
of two sentences

Not trying to nitpick; just showing as an example.... not sure if there is an easy fix or not. But I do browse the site regularly on my smart phone.

This has been asked multiple times. Turn your phone sideways. Unless you have a BB. Then just throw it away. :p

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
On DCU when I post a photo it gives me the option to upload from my computer. Any chance you could get that? I find it extremely handy because I can take screen shots on my phone and load them on. I know you aren't big on the mobile. Just thought I would ask.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On DCU when I post a photo it gives me the option to upload from my computer. Any chance you could get that? I find it extremely handy because I can take screen shots on my phone and load them on. I know you aren't big on the mobile. Just thought I would ask.

Not to really speak for Reality, but based on history, I don't see that happen. He prefers that people use image hosting sites for pics.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Not to really speak for Reality, but based on history, I don't see that happen. He prefers that people use image hosting sites for pics.

All you have to do is put in a URL

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Dallas_Cowboys.svg

Or just copy the link in the pic URL. It doesn't require me to have to use a hosting website.

Dallas_Cowboys.svg

I'm sure reality has a reason for using an image hosting website just not sure why.

hairic

Reaction score
The quick navigation being transparent gets difficult to read if there's lots of text underneath.

KdAGYqM.png

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
While it is possible, it is not something I will do. People refresh threads regularly and setting it to 40 posts per page uses a LOT more bandwidth (and this site uses several gb's per day already) and it also makes the site appear really slow to users because of signatures and avatars. As I said earlier, I will continue to look into it, but at this point, I don't see it changing.

/reality

Lazy Loader :p

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Found it soon as I posted. Is it safe to assume that the website is the same on my phone as it is on my laptop?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Like someone said, viewing on a mobile device makes the site almost unreadable. I probably surf the site more than 80% of the time from mobile.

laGWBQR.png

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Old Site:

sample-old-forums.png

New Site:

sample-new-forums.png

They are quite similar. That said, it is a new site and new software and that means changes. I understand people don't like change by nature, but it happens.

/reality
They are similar, but based on the screen caps, there is a shading difference in the blues. Where you have white in the new layout, the old layout has a *slight* blue hue to it, which offsets that brightness that I think everyone sees now.

JBS

Reaction score
turning the phone sideways is a solution for the mobile viewing problems for some...but I lock my screen...kind of annoying having to turn the phone sideways to have to read this forum...as theo mentioned, my viewing of this site is 80% of the time from my phone

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are similar, but based on the screen caps, there is a shading difference in the blues. Where you have white in the new layout, the old layout has a *slight* blue hue to it, which offsets that brightness that I think everyone sees now.

That was intentional though. If I really wanted it to look just like the old site, I could have done that. It's time for a fresh start though :)

/reality

Status
Not open for further replies.