New Star Wars trailer

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I thought anakin acted better than mace.
Mace was horrible casting and I never saw my man Samuel L. Jackson act so bad.... Not a fit AT ALL!

SLJ and his purple light sabre. He said in an interview that he got to pick the color. Purple is PIMP and does not belong in Star Wars. Just thought it was ridiculous.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
SLJ and his purple light sabre. He said in an interview that he got to pick the color. Purple is PIMP and does not belong in Star Wars. Just thought it was ridiculous.

"I'm tired of these mother flowering dark siders in my mother flowering Jedi council"

Yeah.... Doesn't work. Lmao

khurt

Reaction score
The original cast has even come out about how bad Lucas' script was. I remember seeing an interview where they told a story about how they'd read the lines back to Lucas' and be like, "Who the hell would say something like this? I'm not going to say it." (paraphrasing)

Lucas was too exalted by the time he made the prequels. He needed an intervention from the cast/crew, but no one was brave enough to do it when it mattered. There's a few other issues going on there where I don't think he really wanted to make the movies, but was too proud to let someone else do it.

I'd still like to see Spielberg get a crack at one of these new movies.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Funny how the better clone war episodes were written by his daughter... Lucas just ruined too many things there in the prequels I have a hard time getting up for this movie.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Not to spoil the spoilers....
But if you read the multiple - say about 50 - books on Star Wars you would know what is going to happen.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Funny how the better clone war episodes were written by his daughter... Lucas just ruined too many things there in the prequels I have a hard time getting up for this movie.

But the very least, the new film is taking it serious unlike the prequels. And we won't have the overload of CGI. Good news is John Williams is composing and has a lot of the familiar themes, but is changing it up in a fresh way. As you can tell in the trailer.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Grew up loving Darth Vader. I almost wish I never knew James Earl Jones was the voice, because in my later teen and through my adult years, I see him, not Vader. I miss being a kid sometimes.

After all these years, I finally figured out that the entire saga (I-VI) is about Anakin Skywalker. Yeah , I know...takes me a while.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not to spoil the spoilers....
But if you read the multiple - say about 50 - books on Star Wars you would know what is going to happen.

Alot of X-Wing and TIE fighter, plus some light saber battles. And oh ya, the Force (Luke Skywalker) awakening.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Grew up loving Darth Vader. I almost wish I never knew James Earl Jones was the voice, because in my later teen and through my adult years, I see him, not Vader. I miss being a kid sometimes.

After all these years, I finally figured out that the entire saga (I-VI) is about Anakin Skywalker. Yeah , I know...takes me a while.

For me, it's about the Jedi vs the Dark side.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, Star Wars is the ultimate epic of good versus evil. That's probably why I'm not hypercritical of the prequels addition to the saga. The story begins with a galaxy at peace. Slowly but surely evil claws its way upward from its pit to oppress freedom's light. Then good ultimately triumphs over evil as it always should. I'm excited about seeing how J.J. Abrams will expand upon the neverending struggle between the two.

Side note: I used to own an original X-Box. My favorite gaming title was Knights of the Old Republic. I re-played that game constantly but always on the side of good. However, I did play it as a Sith once. The alternate consequences made for exciting game play but it made me feel somewhat dirty too. I guess deep down, in a galaxy far far away, I have a twin somewhere battling the dark side. Then again, it would be my luck that the twin's name is Jar Jar Binks.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

4 and 5 are clearly about Luke.
6 is all about the ewoks lol

Anakin/Vader is a forced/spoonfed story to make the prequels 1-3

For me, Star Wars is the ultimate epic of good versus evil. That's probably why I'm not hypercritical of the prequels addition to the saga. The story begins with a galaxy at peace. Slowly but surely evil claws its way upward from its pit to oppress freedom's light. Then good ultimately triumphs over evil as it always should. I'm excited about seeing how J.J. Abrams will expand upon the neverending struggle between the two.

Side note: I used to own an original X-Box. My favorite gaming title was Knights of the Old Republic. I re-played that game constantly but always on the side of good. However, I did play it as a Sith once. The alternate consequences made for exciting game play but it made me feel somewhat dirty too. I guess deep down, in a galaxy far far away, I have a twin somewhere battling the dark side. Then again, it would be my luck that the twin's name is Jar Jar Binks.

Agreed. Best good vs evil evvvvvvaa
Disagree somewhat on jj Abrams. He lost my trust with Star Trek.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
There is a charm and charisma from 4-5-6 that 1-2-3 never even got close to. Not comparing. I'm talking about the "bring you in scenes"... The ones that make you "feel" about the movie ... The characters...

Here's a list: ( there are so many)

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Princess Leia: Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.

Han Solo: Who's scruffy-looking?

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you.” (Winces.) “Uh, how are you?”

--- Han Solo: [as Chewie tries to fight off the imperials and free Han]
No! Stop, Chewie, stop!
Chewie! Chewie this won't help me! Hey! Save your strength.
There'll be another time.
The Princess. You have to take care of her. You hear me? Huh?

Princess Leia: I love you.
Han Solo: I know.

Han Solo: Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?

Princess Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.

Han Solo: I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss.

Han Solo: You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart.

Princess Leia: I take it back.

Darth Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Princess Leia Organa: Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?

It's always easier to love something the first time around.

I think some of it is nostalgia. If the originals, as written and acted but with better CGI, were released to today's audiences, I think people would say it was just an okay movie, maybe even good but not a phenomenon.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's always easier to love something the first time around.

I think some of it is nostalgia. If the originals, as written and acted but with better CGI, were released to today's audiences, I think people would say it was just an okay movie, maybe even good but not a phenomenon.

I couldn't have explained any better that it's NOT a "first time around" or "nostalgia" thing.

They are just "poo"

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

I think its depends on how you absorb the films. Original films, stand alone, about Luke. The full six movies in the order of I-VI is definitely a fallen hero redemption arc centered around Anakin.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I couldn't have explained any better that it's NOT a "first time around" or "nostalgia" thing.

They are just "poo"

I said SOME of it is nostalgia. I don't even see how that's debatable, there are plenty of things I'm nostalgic about from my childhood that I probably wouldn't be into today. I don't know why so many people thing nostalgia is a bad thing.

The examples you gave are compelling only because we know the context. There are moment in the prequels as well - for example, Obi and Anakin's final exchange where Anakin screams "I hate you!" at the one person that defended him at all turns and Obi replies "I loved you."

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I said SOME of it is nostalgia. I don't even see how that's debatable, there are plenty of things I'm nostalgic about from my childhood that I probably wouldn't be into today. I don't know why so many people thing nostalgia is a bad thing.

The examples you gave are compelling only because we know the context. There are moment in the prequels as well - for example, Obi and Anakin's final exchange where Anakin screams "I hate you!" at the one person that defended him at all turns and Obi replies "I loved you."

Clearly you are getting what I'm saying.

Yes, indeed. The "context" is super important for those things to be significant. Obviously. Goes without saying.

The prequels can be looked at in a nostalgic way.... They are in our past. Problem is, again... There's nothing notable in those 1-2-3 movies that can be worthy of reminiscing nostalgically.

For me, I can watch those movies and get taken back yo that time and still enjoy them as I did when they forst came out.

Anakin and Obi. Never was believable to me.
Qui Jon and Obi wan too.

We disagree. No biggie. Everyone sees things differently.

The prequels were a mess.