New Star Wars trailer

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It really is amazing that George Lucas, whose entire career was catapulted by Star Wars (and Indiana Jones), came up with Jar Jar Binks.

As far as the prequels themselves, they may have been more successful if they had been released prior to the original trilogy. I think all the fanboys (and just fans in general) were wanting Vader, Luke, Chewie, etc. as you mentioned. I liken it to Halloween 3. It's not Halloween without Michael Myers.

That's interesting, I actually don't mind the idea of prequels.

Going backwards in time meant you got to see Yoda, you got to see how grea the council once was, got to see Mace and flawed as it was, you got to see how Anakin was corrupted.

A better director could have made it work. Unfortunately, Lucas has the uncanny ability to draw the worst acting out of his cast.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hated the Halloween movies except Halloween III. Probably because I hate slasher movies, but love more thought out movies. Slashers are stupid. The only one that really wasn't (originally anyhow) was Nightmare on Elm Street, but that's because it had a better much more original story.

Halloween sucks except for Halloween III :)

I've heard arguments that H3 is good as a standalone horror flick. They should've named it differently.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Going backwards in time meant you got to see Yoda, you got to see how grea the council once was, got to see Mace and flawed as it was, you got to see how Anakin was corrupted.

A better director could have made it work. Unfortunately, Lucas has the uncanny ability to draw the worst acting out of his cast.

It's just hard to fathom how Lucas dropped the ball. I mean, the guy thought up this whole universe. Maybe he was trying too hard and loved using the new gadgets of CGI and such (much like his buddy Steve).

Episode III was good for me but still paled to the original trilogy. I will agree about seeing the corruption of Anakin.

khurt

Reaction score

Apparently, the prequels exist to prove this point. They do *look* great though. It's remarkable how consistently awful the writing and acting were for the 9 years they spent making those films.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I thought anakin acted better than mace.
Mace was horrible casting and I never saw my man Samuel L. Jackson act so bad.... Not a fit AT ALL!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Mace was horrible casting and I never saw my man Samuel L. Jackson act so bad.... Not a fit AT ALL!

Natalie Portman was the worst of them all. I laugh every time I see her try and act serious or romantic with Anakin in those films..

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I hated the Halloween movies except Halloween III. Probably because I hate slasher movies, but love more thought out movies. Slashers are stupid. The only one that really wasn't (originally anyhow) was Nightmare on Elm Street, but that's because it had a better much more original story.

Halloween sucks except for Halloween III :)

Pfffffff!
1&2 all day everyday.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

On the Low, GeorgeLucas isn't a good director...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

Apparently, the prequels exist to prove this point. They do *look* great though. It's remarkable how consistently awful the writing and acting were for the 9 years they spent making those films.

They would have looked better on film... Practical sets & props look better than cgi.. and the camera they were using at the time (sony f900) was new to the game... give me anamorphic 35mm film all day... give me more work and soul, than living on a green screen all day. The New one is shot on film, and from what I see, looks better than the prequels.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
now I can dig that.

Natalie Portman was the worst of them all. I laugh every time I see her try and act serious or romantic with Anakin in those films..

Lol

Off the top of my head.... Ridiculousness

1. Oh look a baby boy and girl. Let's name them Luke and leia.
2. Jimmy smitts awful
3. Sam Jackson awful
4. Portman awful
5. Hayden actually fit. Bad acting and all. His corruption ride was good.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Lol

Off the top of my head.... Ridiculousness

1. Oh look a baby boy and girl. Let's name them Luke and leia.
2. Jimmy smitts awful
3. Sam Jackson awful
4. Portman awful
5. Hayden actually fit. Bad acting and all. His corruption ride was good.

right on lol

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Check out cast members Daisy Ridley & John Boyega reaction to watching the new trailer. Starts at around the 2:28 mark.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I remember seeing Episode II the first time and being awestruck at the CGI. Just a shame they couldn't put it all together for those prequels.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

I don't remember anyone actually giving a good performance in the entire prequel series. Natalie Portman is an excellent actor, and even she was terrible.

It's a bummer cause Mace is a very major player in the Star Wars universe, but they didn't really go into that at all.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

The original cast has even come out about how bad Lucas' script was. I remember seeing an interview where they told a story about how they'd read the lines back to Lucas' and be like, "Who the hell would say something like this? I'm not going to say it." (paraphrasing)

Lucas gifted us with a really interesting universe with interesting characters but giving it up to some other creative minds was probably the best decision he's ever made if he wants the universe to live on.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The original cast has even come out about how bad Lucas' script was. I remember seeing an interview where they told a story about how they'd read the lines back to Lucas' and be like, "Who the hell would say something like this? I'm not going to say it." (paraphrasing)

Lucas gifted us with a really interesting universe with interesting characters but giving it up to some other creative minds was probably the best decision he's ever made if he wants the universe to live on.

There is a charm and charisma from 4-5-6 that 1-2-3 never even got close to. Not comparing. I'm talking about the "bring you in scenes"... The ones that make you "feel" about the movie ... The characters...

Here's a list: ( there are so many)

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Princess Leia: Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.

Han Solo: Who's scruffy-looking?

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you.” (Winces.) “Uh, how are you?”

--- Han Solo: [as Chewie tries to fight off the imperials and free Han]
No! Stop, Chewie, stop!
Chewie! Chewie this won't help me! Hey! Save your strength.
There'll be another time.
The Princess. You have to take care of her. You hear me? Huh?

Princess Leia: I love you.
Han Solo: I know.

Han Solo: Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?

Princess Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.

Han Solo: I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss.

Han Solo: You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart.

Princess Leia: I take it back.

Darth Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Princess Leia Organa: Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?