New Star Wars trailer

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why all the commotion, over a dumb movie? I've never understood the big deal made over star war. :facepalm:

cml750

Reaction score
Why all the commotion, over a dumb movie? I've never understood the big deal made over star war. :facepalm:

If you say that I highly doubt it could ever be explained to you but a lot of people grew up with these movies, muck like they did with the Cowboys. They have a connection and find them entertaining. To me, it is like being a Cowboys fan and the team only plays three seasons at a time. Now that Disney has Star Wars, us fans will be getting a movie every year. Without Star Wars, it is kinda like the Cowboys off-season in that I am always anxiously awaiting for another movie like waiting for a season to begin.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If you say that I highly doubt it could ever be explained to you but a lot of people grew up with these movies, muck like they did with the Cowboys. They have a connection and find them entertaining. To me, it is like being a Cowboys fan and the team only plays three seasons at a time. Now that Disney has Star Wars, us fans will be getting a movie every year. Without Star Wars, it is kinda like the Cowboys off-season in that I am always anxiously awaiting for another movie like waiting for a season to begin.

If people can't understand the title...STAR WARS...and what that means or why people are drawn to it, they never will. They too are in a galaxy, far, far away.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
If people can't understand the title...STAR WARS...and what that means or why people are drawn to it, they never will. They too are in a galaxy, far, far away.

If something doesn't speak to you... move on...
obviously this speaks to us, the ones contributing to this thread...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

you're too kind ;)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Was hoping someone would take the time to share their insight into why star war is worth spending time on.

Most films of this nature work off of a "hero's Journey". Most heroes journeys have subtext that is similar to greek, and kemetian tales/mythology, or biblical parables. Often the story is familiar, and have a moral conflict that is relatable. Star Wars embodies all of this, but also integrates sci-fi which most of us 60's, 70's & 80's babies grew up with....

Like I mentioned.. it speaks to some.... so to some of us... it's not "stupid"...

although the shiny bright things are fun to look at:)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Most films of this nature work off of a "hero's Journey". Most heroes journeys have subtext that is similar to greek, and kemetian tales/mythology, or biblical parables. Often the story is familiar, and have a moral conflict that is relatable. Star Wars embodies all of this, but also integrates sci-fi which most of us 60's, 70's & 80's babies grew up with....

Like I mentioned.. it speaks to some.... so to some of us... it's not "stupid"...

although the shiny bright things are fun to look at:)

Is it true that one of the stories protagonists shot first in a bar fight? Hardly seems like someone worthy to look up to if true.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
People look up to much worse things in today's society. A fictional charcter in a sci-fi film isn't the end all.

Also the character he is referring to was originally a selfish smuggler who didn't believe in "the force", but eventually he grew to be a more noble character. But us fans understand this...

Everyone isn't going to be pure... as is life.