New Star Wars trailer

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No disrespect, but why are you in this thread trying to justify that you won't like it? Its been established so. This thread is fans,nerds of the series just speaking about the trailers. Its okay that we all feel differently about the films...We obviously don't feel its "dumb", but you do... so maybe thats where it ends.

Why can't you ignore my post if you don't like them? All I said was I think the movies are dumb. Replies to my post reciprocate replies from me. Ignore if you choose not to join the conversation.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Why can't you ignore my post if you don't like them? All I said was I think the movies are dumb. Replies to my post reciprocate replies from me. Ignore if you choose not to join the conversation.

you're right I should.. and I will take your advice.
just like you should ignore this thread.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
you're right I should.. and I will take your advice.
just like you should ignore this thread.

What did this accomplish? I still think the star war thing is dumb. My opinion is not set in stone, no one his given me a good reason to see one of the movies. I'll even sacrifice a couple of hours if someone will tell me the one movie that will change my opinion. There are what?... six movies, so which one is the one I should watch?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I haven't seen the Michael Jackson Thriller video but it is not dumb.

Because of his name Michael Jackson, thus anything he does wasn't dumb? What exactly isn't dumb about the video.

What ISN'T dumb for a movie YOU have seen. What is your criteria.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What did this accomplish? I still think the star war thing is dumb. My opinion is not set in stone, no one his given me a good reason to see one of the movies. I'll even sacrifice a couple of hours if someone will tell me the one movie that will change my opinion. There are what?... six movies, so which one is the one I should watch?

The best one..The Empire Strikes Back.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because of his name Michael Jackson, thus anything he does wasn't dumb? What exactly isn't dumb about the video.

What ISN'T dumb for a movie YOU have seen. What is your criteria.

I liked Fight Club and Pulp Fiction.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Fair enough... I promise I will see it and get back with you.

Remember the special effects were groundbreaking back then. No computer cgi. Take that into account when you see the battle scenes on land and in space. And the lightsaber scenes. And the scenes with Yoda and Luke. (edit, George Lucas did alter some scenes with early cgi in the 1990s, you can tell what is from 1980 though)

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why is that not dumb? What is the criteria for making it so?

Being "dumb" lacks clearly defined parameters but I know it when I see it. So point made and I'll go see the movie you suggested.... Empire Strikes Back, was it?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Remember the special effects were groundbreaking back then. No computer cgi. Take that into account when you see the battle scenes on land and in space. And the lightsaber scenes. And the scenes with Yoda and Luke. (edit, George Lucas did alter some scenes with early cgi in the 1990s, you can tell what is from the 1980s though)

lol spoiler much? thanks dude

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No spoiler given. I didn't say who Yoda was.

I told my 28 year old daughter I was finally going to watch "The Empire Strikes Back" and she said quote "This is not the Star Wars you are looking for." She said "Empire" is the 5th episode and I should start with episode 1. So I don't know what to do. I really only want to see one episode to see what the big deal is. So I guess my question to you is... Is the 5th episode really worth watching first?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I told my 28 year old daughter I was finally going to watch "The Empire Strikes Back" and she said quote "This is not the Star Wars you are looking for." She said "Empire" is the 5th episode and I should start with episode 1. So I don't know what to do. I really only want to see one episode to see what the big deal is. So I guess my question to you is... Is the 5th episode really worth watching first?

No, not the prequels. They are bad. You don't need them. Start with Star Wars, the original from 1977. Then Empire. I commend your daughter. But the jump in effects from Star Wars to Empire is quite a leap.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, not the prequels. They are bad. You don't need them. Start with Star Wars, the original from 1977. Then Empire. I commend your daughter. But the jump in effects from Star Wars to Empire is quite a leap.

Thanks. My daughter has the boxset of all six episodes. We are watching now starting at episode 1. We are going to watch all six straight through.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Thanks. My daughter has the boxset of all six episodes. We are watching now starting at episode 1. We are going to watch all six straight through.

Well the prequels have too much cgi and the acting is bad. Episode one is really bad. Episode 3 though has it moments. But the original Star Wars, Episode 4 by George Lucas is the one that started the whole thing. From toy merchandise to worldwide fandom.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well the prequels have too much cgi and the acting is bad. Episode one is really bad. Episode 3 though has it moments. But the original Star Wars, Episode 4 by George Lucas is the one that started the whole thing. From toy merchandise to worldwide fandom.

too late... movie is on and it already doesn't suck.