News Anchor Responds to Viewer Email Calling Her Fat

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4768130 said:
You can't buy a drink at a restaurant that is over 16 ounces in New York City.

The one thing I really like is in New York restaurants are forced to put calorie counts next to menu items.

You walk into Olive Garden, Outback, or Chilis and your eyes open wide when you see how many calories some of their dishes have. I'm mean up to 2,000+. Like the Bloomin Onion has around 2,200+ calories.

Just to understand. It takes about 3,500 to make a pound of fat. A Bloomin Onion is about 65-70% of the calories to do that.

Why did you need a calorie count for the Bloomin Onion anything deep fried and taste that good will kill you and put weight on you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4768885 said:
Let's be realistic here. By Wisconsin standards, she's svelte.

If you look at the list of the fattiest states, then Texas is the same.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4768968 said:
If you look at the list of the fattiest states, then Texas is the same.

any state south of the Mason Dixon line probably fits that criteria.

Again though, people aren't talking about 10-15 lbs overweight, we are talking those who are 50+ above.

A male who is not an athlete like football player, shot putter, wrassler etc really has no reason to be over 250, a woman no reason to be over 200.

jnday

Reaction score
Here in Mississippi, we are number one in fat folks. Yes, I am serious. We have held the honor for the last several years if you believe government statistics. We have enough manners to realize that another person's weight is none of our business and we don't judge a person for it. The stats blame it on fried foods and foods with high fat content. In other words, good Southern cooking. Queen was right, fat bottom girls make the world go around.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
saw this from the hodgetwins. That email was uncalled for and she handled it beautifully!!!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BlindFaith;4767779 said:
It kind of is.

Would it be acceptable for a news person to be on air smoking a cigarette? No.

How about sitting up there drinking a margarita?

Obesity seems to be a taboo topic. But it is the leading cause of preventable death in America. We can judge everyone else and what they do, just don't ever try to tell an overweight person that they are unhealthy and they are setting a bad example.

I personally don't think the email that was sent was harsh or in any way bullying. The viewer expressed an opinion, since when did that become being a bully?

Do I think she has a right to be on air? Absolutely. Do I think she is living a healthy life style...no.

Agree completely.. and furthermore, when did local news broadcasts become an accpetable forum for social media arguments and petty quabbles? Its absolutely ******** that this woman is using news time to retaliate because she got her wittle feelings hurt by a viewer email. I guess professionalism has gone right out the window.

Nothing in that email was meant to be intentionally hurtful or mean in any way.. and even if it was.. i've seen journalists get MUCH MUCH worse than that every day in comment lines of their articles. This video is just sad.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
In 2012 I'm not sure that letter was intended to be bullying but rather trolling. At least in the sense that it was sent in to a news anchor. That got a lot of airplay and in effect, the troll won no matter what the response by her was going to be.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
BlindFaith;4767779 said:
It kind of is.

Would it be acceptable for a news person to be on air smoking a cigarette? No.

How about sitting up there drinking a margarita?

Obesity seems to be a taboo topic. But it is the leading cause of preventable death in America. We can judge everyone else and what they do, just don't ever try to tell an overweight person that they are unhealthy and they are setting a bad example.

I personally don't think the email that was sent was harsh or in any way bullying. The viewer expressed an opinion, since when did that become being a bully?

Do I think she has a right to be on air? Absolutely. Do I think she is living a healthy life style...no.

Obesity is the end result. It wouldn't be okay for her to be up there reporting while pigging out.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but her brother is the main character in Office Space and was in Band of Brothers.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4769358 said:
Not that it matters, but her brother is the main character in Office Space and was in Band of Brothers.

Get the heck out?! Really? Ron Livingston?

Guy is awesome.. Swingers was another great movie he was in.

:bow:

Guess we know why she got her airplay to whine and moan now..

Hoofbite

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4769358 said:

No it matters.

This revelation completely changes things.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4769377 said:
No it matters.

This revelation completely changes things.

It kind of does, in a way. If her brother wasn't a big star, i doubt she would have been allowed the time or the forum to publicly whine and moan over a viewer comment/email. Im sure the station gets negative comments from people every day, and im sure some are alot worse than what this man said.