News Anchor Responds to Viewer Email Calling Her Fat

yimyammer

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4767551 said:
This has gone viral (shadup Reality), I'm guessing most of you have seen it already. If not.

http://*************/a/img507/6411/viral.jpg

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
If she wants to lose weight she will.

If she's comfortable in her own skin & ok with her weight fine!

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Damn. Fatty causin' a riot at the Zone!

••Ducks••

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dargonking999;4768397 said:
I've never seen a off-topic post go three pages (40 posts per page) so fast..

You don't come around often enough. ;)

JBond

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4768100 said:
this is the most idiotic thing I have read today.

the same can be said for those that live a very active lifestyle. weight lifters are intentionally expanding their muscle content, muscle needs an increase in calories. by your logic, people that intentionally build muscle are costing us billions every year.

Phelps was said to consume 10k calories a day, easily as much as what obese people consume. Is his life style a huge issue costing us money?

It was more tongue-in-cheek than it came across. I have the occasional cigarette still. It's how I keep so thin. ;)

Seriously though, the costs associated with the obesity epidemic are nothing to shake our heads at.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I actually thought the words in the email were well chosen, the writer clearly was not trying to hurt her feelings. An attempt at redefining bullying was weak at best.

Dear anchor woman please, for the benefit of yourself and your family try to work a few hours a week at the gym into your schedule. Things will get better for you I promise.

Now that this new outlet has allowed this lame puff piece they have let this poor woman back herself into a corner and if she doesn't do something with herself it will only get worse.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4768130 said:
You can't buy a drink at a restaurant that is over 16 ounces in New York City.

The one thing I really like is in New York restaurants are forced to put calorie counts next to menu items.

You walk into Olive Garden, Outback, or Chilis and your eyes open wide when you see how many calories some of their dishes have. I'm mean up to 2,000+. Like the Bloomin Onion has around 2,200+ calories.

Just to understand. It takes about 3,500 to make a pound of fat. A Bloomin Onion is about 65-70% of the calories to do that.

Well, you can't legislate morality or ban stupidity. We can't discuss politics so the conversation ends here.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
That was not bullying, although the guy is an idiot for sending that. First off saying because you see a fat woman on TV all the girls are going to want to be fat is as stupid as anything she responded with. Any of those people saying that violence or sex in movies.TV, video games etc. are the ruination of man are preposterous and imbecile. These kids are fat because they have fat lazy friends and their parents let them do whatever they want and are scared to tell them they need to be healthy.

I honestly do not care if I get my news from a fat woman but the health crisis in this country is going to hit the fan pretty soon, and it is a crisis.