News Anchor Responds to Viewer Email Calling Her Fat

BlindFaith

Reaction score
tupperware;4769350 said:
Obesity is the end result. It wouldn't be okay for her to be up there reporting while pigging out.

I see. So I guess it would be ok for someone to be up there drunk off their mind or stoned, just as long as they weren't doing the deed on air. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4769361 said:
Get the heck out?! Really? Ron Livingston?

Guy is awesome.. Swingers was another great movie he was in.

:bow:

Guess we know why she got her airplay to whine and moan now..

Yup. A guy I went to high school with went to college with her. Says she's probably the sweetest person you'll meet. He's met Ron a few times, and both of them have come to hear his sermons on occasion.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4769777 said:
Yup. A guy I went to high school with went to college with her. Says she's probably the sweetest person you'll meet. He's met Ron a few times, and both of them have come to hear his sermons on occasion.

That's awesome man.. and im sure she is a sweet person. Im not trying to take that away from her. I just think what she did was completely unprofessional and completely the wrong forum to take up a personal petty argument. If she wanted to have a public debate with the guy, that would be one thing. Bring him on the show and maybe discuss the bigger issue of responsibility of local public personalities to their communities. Using the time to stand there and whine and moan about a single viewer comment or email though is just not right, imo.

As i said before, any journalist or public personality gets hundreds of comments, emails, etc.. a day and alot are much worse than what this man wrote. Comes with the territory. If you can't handle that, maybe its not the right career for you.

Im surpised that she actually reads her emails, tbh. No doubt she gets alot of them, being related to a major Hollywood star.

jnday

Reaction score
ABC had a short segment on the subject this morning. The lady says she works out often, but has a thyroid condition that prevents her from losing the weight. She is an attractive lady and I didn't notice her being some obese monster as some has made out. She looks normal. Let's face it, most TV personalities don't. They also showed a picture of the fitness nut that wrote in. He is in very good shape. Like most fitness nuts, he thinks people should work to be like him. When are these people gonna catch on to the fact that everybody doesn't go through life wanting to be like them? If health and fitness is his thing, good for him. Shut-up and quit forcing his lifestyle on others.

JBond

Reaction score
Guess there has been an epidemic of thyroid conditions.

jnday...You really think that is normal? There is no way reasonable people can say that is healthy. She is a big fatty. Not power-chair fat yet, but she could be there in a couple more years.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread has some very serious irony in it. :laugh2:

jnday

Reaction score
JBond;4769826 said:
Guess there has been an epidemic of thyroid conditions.

jnday...You really think that is normal? There is no way reasonable people can say that is healthy. She is a big fatty. Not power-chair fat yet, but she could be there in a couple more years.

Yeah, she looks like a normal person. There are many more women like her than women like Pam Anderson walking the streets. She is not that big compared to many women. All of that is not our business. I promise that I can take one look at anybodies life and shred it apart. I am good at it, but I don't do it. It is immature and judgemental. It is not only this issue, but many more that people feel the need to judge others lives. Has anybody ever considered that she only has to please herself? She may not care if she is healthy and it is her right to feel that way. You may be ugly, have big ears or a big nose. Are you going to have surgery to please somebody else? This country seems to be full of perfect people, though I never see them.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
jnday;4769816 said:
ABC had a short segment on the subject this morning. The lady says she works out often, but has a thyroid condition that prevents her from losing the weight. She is an attractive lady and I didn't notice her being some obese monster as some has made out. She looks normal. Let's face it, most TV personalities don't. They also showed a picture of the fitness nut that wrote in. He is in very good shape. Like most fitness nuts, he thinks people should work to be like him. When are these people gonna catch on to the fact that everybody doesn't go through life wanting to be like them? If health and fitness is his thing, good for him. Shut-up and quit forcing his lifestyle on others.

The good ole thyroid excuse. Trust me, if you don't eat, you will loose weight. The under/over production of that hormone doesn't magically keep weight on your bones. It MAY mess with how your body normally process certain food, but that's no different than some people having a high metabolism than others. You have to know your body. Anyone can be within acceptable weight ranges.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jnday;4769862 said:
Yeah, she looks like a normal person. There are many more women like her than women like Pam Anderson walking the streets. She is not that big compared to many women. All of that is not our business. I promise that I can take one look at anybodies life and shred it apart. I am good at it, but I don't do it. It is immature and judgemental. It is not only this issue, but many more that people feel the need to judge others lives. Has anybody ever considered that she only has to please herself? She may not care if she is healthy and it is her right to feel that way. You may be ugly, have big ears or a big nose. Are you going to have surgery to please somebody else? This country seems to be full of perfect people, though I never see them.

maybe that is the problem, if there were more Pams in USA and Canada, we would all be happier.

JBond

Reaction score
jnday;4769862 said:

Dude...she is a big girl. I am not referring to how attractive she is, but how fat she is. She was the one whining about it on air. I did not send her a letter. I don't care if people choose to eat themselves to death as long as they don't use my tax money to support their ridiculous choices.

And yes I am ugly (not BP ugly though) and have big ears and a giant nose.

jnday

Reaction score
JBond;4769912 said:
Dude...she is a big girl. I am not referring to how attractive she is, but how fat she is. She was the one whining about it on air. I did not send her a letter. I don't care if people choose to eat themselves to death as long as they don't use my tax money to support their ridiculous choices.

And yes I am ugly (not BP ugly though) and have big ears and a giant nose.

Get your face fixed. :lmao:

Phoenix

Reaction score
jnday;4769862 said:
Yeah, she looks like a normal person. There are many more women like her than women like Pam Anderson walking the streets. She is not that big compared to many women. All of that is not our business. I promise that I can take one look at anybodies life and shred it apart. I am good at it, but I don't do it. It is immature and judgemental. It is not only this issue, but many more that people feel the need to judge others lives. Has anybody ever considered that she only has to please herself? She may not care if she is healthy and it is her right to feel that way. You may be ugly, have big ears or a big nose. Are you going to have surgery to please somebody else? This internet seems to be full of perfect people, though I never see them.

Fixed :)

a_minimalist

Reaction score
jnday;4769929 said:

I'm pretty sure being born with a big nose and big ears isn't as easy to fix as losing weight. You're swinging for the fences with your analogy but you're whiffing horribly. Anyone can lose weight. Stop acting like it's some tough task to lose weight.

JBond

Reaction score
jnday;4769929 said:

For some reason my hottie wife likes me the way I am. I have certain other characteristics she appreciates. :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
JBond;4769941 said:
For some reason my hottie wife likes me the way I am. I have certain other characteristics she appreciates. :D

ah you do exactly what she says when she says it

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
JBond;4769941 said:

I bet you've got a huge...

W2? :p:

JBond

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4769954 said:
ah you do exactly what she says when she says it

I have reached my quota of Canadian humor for the day.

jnday

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4769934 said:
I'm pretty sure being born with a big nose and big ears isn't as easy to fix as losing weight. You're swinging for the fences with your analogy but you're whiffing horribly. Anyone can lose weight. Stop acting like it's some tough task to lose weight.

It is not that tough to lose weight. Never said it was. I just said that it was none our our business to say she should. Nobody has the right to judge what other people eat, drinks or smokes if it is legal. I could get on a rant about people getting too much sun if that example works better. I never realized that people had such a problem with chubbys. By the way, I am not a chubby myself but I know many. It never lowered my opinion of them in any way.