Next up - Mike Tomlin and TJ Watt

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This is the same as the Cleveland game. If fields plays decent it's an L. It's really that simple.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This will be a winnable game for the Cowboys. Their D is good and the front will cause some issues but we are by far the best passing team they have faced so far this year.

Atl - Cousins first game back and was awful
Denver - Rookie QB making his second start
Chargers - with a hobbled QB who left the game early
They have the colts this week - Young QB who is not a great passer yet

I don't have much good to say about Dak but he is better than any QB they have faced so far.

Their O has not put over 20 points yet this year. Keep Fields in the pocket and we have a really good chance at this one.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With all the missed tackles last night, good luck to this defense trying to tackle Fields.

And for Guyton, he gets the best 2 DEs the next 2 weeks - Watt and Hutchinson.

As bad as Pittsburgh has been the last 3 years, Mike Tomlin has never had a losing record in his career. Anyone who thinks Dallas should win next week is nuts.

Arthur Smith is a run game genius. I’m not buying 26 yards vs the Giants as a sign the run D is fixed. Just look at the 4th and 1 where Singletary is stopped 5 yards in the backfield but makes everyone miss and gets a first down.
There's no such thing as an automatic loss so no one's saying they should win but we just played the Ravens who are better version of Pittsburgh they look very similar our team could possibly play well enough to win this game it's not like Justin fields is Lamar Jackson he's a similar player and it's not like naji Harris is Henry he's a similar player without the speed or the verse and yes defense this looks like a poor version of the Ravens in which we almost made a comeback we just played them that bodes well for us I get it no one should guarantee a win for either one of these teams and yes it's gonna be tough but don't act like this is an automatic L... This is the NFL any given Sunday and yes we could beat the Steelers just as well as they could beat us that's the point stop coming on here acting like we can't play you don't know who's showing up or how these last couple games the Cowboys are getting a little confidence they're getting a little better they're trying to figure out how to fill some of the holes that they have maybe they'll get it figured out... And I realized guyton has had some problems but he actually plays well in between there he will learn they will get him help but the problem here is Terrence steel they can't both be playing like this because you can't both cover them up so maybe we can get the veteran and steal to have a better game that way they can go over there and help guide a little bit but yes you have to do to those teams what they do to Michael Parsons the game plan needs to be stop those dudes 1st and that means you need some help but you can't help both tackles that's the problem last night both tackles were being beat by speed rushers because they were fresh all game because the New York Giants were allowed to have like 11 to 15 yard plays and kept their defense fresh as hell... So our defense needs to play better so we give our offense more opportunities to have more drives more time of possessions to score.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I guess I’m not that impressed with Pitt as you guys are. Winnable game and a run game that’s closer to the Giants then Ravens or Saints.

I expect another tough fought close game that can go either way.

As usual it depends on what team shows up.

We lack a running game but they can get creative with getting Lamb involved in the run game and throwing underneath.

Perfect matchup for us at this time. A hard fought battle to toughen us up some.

Honestly, don’t need to be impressed to Pittsburgh to think they beat the cowboys. Cowboys are not a good football team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is the same as the Cleveland game. If fields plays decent it's an L. It's really that simple.
No I don't think it's that simple at all it's not literally every game is different week to week we nearly come back and beat the Ravens the Ravens are a better version of the Pittsburgh Steelers it's like they run the same exact stuff but with lesser players and yes it was not garbage time that was a valiant comeback and maybe we learned something from that game we have all that film on the Ravens game and we could take the film that's on the Pittsburgh and this team can step up and beat the Steelers I'm not saying it's a done deal but stop acting like it's an automatic loss there is none of those in the NFL how do we know that something in the game is not gonna happen where one of the best players maybe TJ Watt gets knocked out of the game like Parsons did it happens TJ Watt is a injury prone player same with Justin fields naji Harris somebody can go down their left tackle can get hurt stop just writing in else as if it's as simple as that there is nothing as simple as that in the NFL people just get over yourself it's a week to weekly and we have just as much of a shot at beating them as them beating up period end of story...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm so sick of the loser's attitude in here I mean seriously it gets old like put writing in automatic losses as if they don't watch the NFL on a regular basis the Saints were supposed to be really good and then the eagles turned around and beat them it happens all the time all of a sudden Baker Mayfield and Tampa Bay Buccaneers look great and who did they lose to? I mean then you you turn around the Carolina Panthers get a win the Cleveland Browns get a win this is the NFL any given Sunday stop the loser talk we have 10 days to prepare we played similar teams now maybe we get it right..

stilltheguru

Reaction score
No I don't think it's that simple at all it's not literally every game is different week to week we nearly come back and beat the Ravens the Ravens are a better version of the Pittsburgh Steelers it's like they run the same exact stuff but with lesser players and yes it was not garbage time that was a valiant comeback and maybe we learned something from that game we have all that film on the Ravens game and we could take the film that's on the Pittsburgh and this team can step up and beat the Steelers I'm not saying it's a done deal but stop acting like it's an automatic loss there is none of those in the NFL how do we know that something in the game is not gonna happen where one of the best players maybe TJ Watt gets knocked out of the game like Parsons did it happens TJ Watt is a injury prone player same with Justin fields naji Harris somebody can go down their left tackle can get hurt stop just writing in else as if it's as simple as that there is nothing as simple as that in the NFL people just get over yourself it's a week to weekly and we have just as much of a shot at beating them as them beating up period end of story...
It's that simple. If fields has a qbr anything over 60 it's an L. I'm not going back and forth about it. The game will speak for itself

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TJ foaming at the mouth viewing film of our OL.
It is so awful. The "illegal touching" play against ravens....there's like three o line standing there empty handed. Falling down on his face. I mean if you are able to catch an errant pass you are NOT blocking.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I guess I’m not that impressed with Pitt as you guys are. Winnable game and a run game that’s closer to the Giants then Ravens or Saints.

I expect another tough fought close game that can go either way.

As usual it depends on what team shows up.

We lack a running game but they can get creative with getting Lamb involved in the run game and throwing underneath.

Perfect matchup for us at this time. A hard fought battle to toughen us up some.
I am not impressed with Steelers offense at all, and Fields is not a real QB, however hard to say their defense is not that impressive. I think its going to be a close game and we have a shot at winning on the road.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm so sick of the loser's attitude in here I mean seriously it gets old like put writing in automatic losses as if they don't watch the NFL on a regular basis the Saints were supposed to be really good and then the eagles turned around and beat them it happens all the time all of a sudden Baker Mayfield and Tampa Bay Buccaneers look great and who did they lose to? I mean then you you turn around the Carolina Panthers get a win the Cleveland Browns get a win this is the NFL any given Sunday stop the loser talk we have 10 days to prepare we played similar teams now maybe we get it right..
So you think the cowboys don't deserve any loser tags?

28 years of losing...dude...come on.

So we beat bad/average teams? and then soil ourselves against good teams and important games? THAT...is your legacy of excellence?

Do NOT rag on other good fans for their standard of Dallas Cowboys Excellence. If you wanna wallow in mediocrity you can just do that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not impressed with Steelers offense at all, and Fields is not a real QB, however hard to say their defense is not that impressive. I think its going to be a close game and we have a shot at winning on the road.
Of course Fields is a real QB. Any QB playing in the NFL is a real QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
With all the missed tackles last night, good luck to this defense trying to tackle Fields.

And for Guyton, he gets the best 2 DEs the next 2 weeks - Watt and Hutchinson.

As bad as Pittsburgh has been the last 3 years, Mike Tomlin has never had a losing record in his career. Anyone who thinks Dallas should win next week is nuts.

Arthur Smith is a run game genius. I’m not buying 26 yards vs the Giants as a sign the run D is fixed. Just look at the 4th and 1 where Singletary is stopped 5 yards in the backfield but makes everyone miss and gets a first down.
Both Steelers RBs are hurt. So that will help the Dallas defense. More concerned about Dak and scoring points. He's never been a QB that can break down a good defense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am not impressed with Steelers offense at all, and Fields is not a real QB, however hard to say their defense is not that impressive. I think it’s going to be a close game and we have a shot at winning on the road.
It’s gonna be a tough low scoring game for sure. Which is why I think we have a chance. If they go down the field on us then I don’t know what to say at that point.