Next up - Mike Tomlin and TJ Watt

The Natural

Reaction score
2-2 our last 4 matchups with Pittsburgh and the games have been decided by an avg. of 5 points. Last game we lost 24-19 with our third string QB. For whatever reason these two clubs always play a close game, and yes, we will have a chance to win.

Blackrain

Reaction score
One thing I've seen in today's NFL just when you think you have it all figured out and one team is a slam dunk to win or lose you are surprised and humbled by how wrong you are.

It's not like we're playing the 49ers where we just don't match up well and have a track record of getting hammered.

This Pittsburgh team is pretty much an unknown at this point against us and anything could happen.

All that said we are missing what theoretically are our top two defenders and the game is in Pittsburgh.
Along with the fact that Pittsburgh is always a more physically dominant team and we usually get punked by teams like that.

So if we did take a horrendous beat down it would be absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

I'm not making any bold predictions in this game because I believe we have at least a puncher's chance in competing.

Flamma

Reaction score
One thing I've seen in today's NFL just when you think you have it all figured out and one team is a slam dunk to win or lose you are surprised and humbled by how wrong you are.

It's not like we're playing the 49ers where we just don't match up well and have a track record of getting hammered.

This Pittsburgh team is pretty much an unknown at this point against us and anything could happen.

All that said we are missing what theoretically are our top two defenders and the game is in Pittsburgh.
Along with the fact that Pittsburgh is always a more physically dominant team and we usually get punked by teams like that.

So if we did take a horrendous beat down it would be absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

I'm not making any bold predictions in this game because I believe we have at least a puncher's chance in competing.
Great post, especially the bold. I just don't know what to think about this game. Nothing has been too impressive about either of these teams except Pitt keeps winning. My personal opinion, our D has to show up, with or without Parsons and DLaw. Do that and we can win this game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Great post, especially the bold. I just don't know what to think about this game. Nothing has been too impressive about either of these teams except Pitt keeps winning. My personal opinion, our D has to show up, with or without Parsons and DLaw. Do that and we can win this game.
Agreed we need some guys to show up with a fire in their belly and a desire to win.
And unfortunately that many times means sacrificing your body and there are getting less and less guys who are willing to do that
It's definitely not an impossible win we're not really sure how we will match up with them injuries turnovers everything plays a part.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Only thing that really really bothers me to this day is we took soft Taco Carlton over TJ Watt.

Can't forget it, I'm still pissed off and I will be thinking about it this whole game.

Imagine Parsons and Watt on the same team.....

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
2-2 our last 4 matchups with Pittsburgh and the games have been decided by an avg. of 5 points. Last game we lost 24-19 with our third string QB. For whatever reason these two clubs always play a close game, and yes, we will have a chance to win.
The last two games @ Pittsburgh were classics.
2008 Dallas went toe-to-toe with arguably the physical team of that era. Too many mistakes late ultimately cost Dallas down the stretch.
2016 was the epic back and forth game led by rookies Dak/Zeke.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only thing that really really bothers me to this day is we took soft Taco Carlton over TJ Watt.

Can't forget it, I'm still pissed off and I will be thinking about it this whole game.

Imagine Parsons and Watt on the same team.....
The question is, if Watt was Cowboy would they still draft Parsons? Unlikely.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
If Dallas doesn't run the ball and stop the Steelers from running,
It will be tough to get a road win.

I expect Coach Tomlin to challenge both rookie linemen with various fronts.

Blue64

Reaction score
I guess I’m not that impressed with Pitt as you guys are. Winnable game and a run game that’s closer to the Giants then Ravens or Saints.

I expect another tough fought close game that can go either way.

As usual it depends on what team shows up.

We lack a running game but they can get creative with getting Lamb involved in the run game and throwing underneath.

Perfect matchup for us at this time. A hard fought battle to toughen us up some.
Ok so you’re not impressed with Pitt?

I guess you like our defense against them considering we are going to be without our 2 DE’s
You’re going to find out why TJ Watt is leagues better than the so called Tabby…

Their offense is so so, but then again so is the Cowboys

This is not even going to be close… but Prescott will pad his stats in garbage time once again

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok so you’re not impressed with Pitt?

I guess you like our defense against them considering we are going to be without our 2 DE’s
You’re going to find out why TJ Watt is leagues better than the so called Tabby…

Their offense is so so, but then again so is the Cowboys

This is not even going to be close… but Prescott will pad his stats in garbage time once again
Me not being impressed with Pitt has nothing to do with the Cowboys. They just lost to Joe Flacco and the Colts. Sorry. Not impressed.

Smith22

Reaction score
Hopefully we stack the box and dare Fields to pass. I'm not too concerned with the steelers offense but they have a solid defense.

mardwin

Reaction score
TJ foaming at the mouth viewing film of our OL.
He needs to go at Guyton, the guy is not NFL-ready. I can't believe the front office is paying Dak 60M and then have a guy who clearly can't pass protect with consistency protect his blindside.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Me not being impressed with Pitt has nothing to do with the Cowboys. They just lost to Joe Flacco and the Colts. Sorry. Not impressed.
Have a mutual reset and transfer you for them it's not like they're Super Bowl contenders and right now that easy start yes hey kudos to them they started out three and oh another three in one it looks impressive on paper but their quarterback is still prone to make mistakes even though he threw the ball well yeah but he fumble twice and they're bruising big running back is about as good as Ezekiel Elliott the only thing he can do better than Ezekiel Elliott is carry the ball 20 * a game and still get you 3 yards per carry his career average is 3.5 he's not gonna be running like Derrick Henry breaking 2 tackles and then housing the ball he's very controllable yes he's big but he's just one of those backs that can get you 75 yards but you're gonna have to hand it to him 20 to 25 times to do so so he's not scary so yes this team should be respected because we can't talk our team's not good right now but I don't mean we can't beat them so yes they are beatable but you don't have to be impressed with the team to respect the team especially the fact that you're going on the road and their coaching staff is smarter than ours and they may find a way to grind out a win and just hit every weakness we have..

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
With all the missed tackles last night, good luck to this defense trying to tackle Fields.

And for Guyton, he gets the best 2 DEs the next 2 weeks - Watt and Hutchinson.

As bad as Pittsburgh has been the last 3 years, Mike Tomlin has never had a losing record in his career. Anyone who thinks Dallas should win next week is nuts.

Arthur Smith is a run game genius. I’m not buying 26 yards vs the Giants as a sign the run D is fixed. Just look at the 4th and 1 where Singletary is stopped 5 yards in the backfield but makes everyone miss and gets a first down.
Just go be a Steelers fan.

They can't run the ball and now have 3 OL and their best RB (Warren) out. They can't run the ball.

Justin Fields:

The Cowboys take on the personality of so much of the fan base - just terrified of everything.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am actually intrigued to see what tank and Micah have been covering up/causing on the edges the first 4 weeks....if we sacrifice some pass rush but the edges hold better against the run/read option will that be a bad thing?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Just go be a Steelers fan.

They can't run the ball and now have 3 OL and their best RB (Warren) out. They can't run the ball.

Justin Fields:

The Cowboys take on the personality of so much of the fan base - just terrified of everything.

Terrified because the team is down their best two DLinemen and got gashed on the ground by two teams that could run. Given the Steelers have to run to protect Fields, yes it’s reasonable to say you should be concerned.

And the Steelers are getting a OL back this week

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Terrified because the team is down their best two DLinemen and got gashed on the ground by two teams that could run. Given the Steelers have to run to protect Fields, yes it’s reasonable to say you should be concerned.

And the Steelers are getting a OL back this week
The Steelers can't run lol

People just making things up