NFC East is up for Grabs

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
how are we beating the skins?we cant stop the run to save our lives.

Dallas has a better run and pass defense than the Skins. The Cowboys have the better running game. Washington is slightly more efficient passing the ball,but. Like all the other Cassel starts this should be a close game.

Dallas will have a shot to win next week, whether they will or not remains to be seen. I will say those that say we have no chance are talking out of their rear ends on this one.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dallas has a better run and pass defense than the Skins. The Cowboys have the better running game. Washington is slightly more efficient passing the ball,but. Like all the other Cassel starts this should be a close game.

Dallas will have a shot to win next week, whether they will or not remains to be seen. I will say those that say we have no chance are talking out of their rear ends on this one.

oh i am pretty sure we keep it close,you can bet on that.

Gaede

Reaction score
One thing Cowboys fans are is optimistic.

As bad as the rest of the NFCE teams are, we're the worst. Just think about that

superonyx

Reaction score
What fans don't realize is that there's no way in hell we are going to use a top 1-4 draft pick on a QB this year. There is no QB coming out who will be rated highly. Maybe we trade down for more picks and use a pick outside of the top 10 on a QB, or we use a 2nd rounder on a project QB.

Our future franchise QB is not in the top 5 picks this year. Sign RGIII to back up Romo for the next 2-3 years and see if you can develop him. No drafted QB at the top of round one this year will help us be a better team the next 3 years.

I hate to say it but I agree with you....the only thing that makes me think it could be different this draft is remembering how Jerry was willing to draft Manziel in the first round. Also they realize they screwed up by trying to be so smart this past draft and passing on every running back they could have drafted.

I don't get excited over the draft anymore. Too many years of watching high draft picks turn into garbage players to keep going down that road.

Look at Thomas Rawls...not even drafted and looks like on of the best backs in the game.

Wayne02

Reaction score

Cowboys have no chance. 0-7 will soon turn to 0-8.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
What fans don't realize is that there's no way in hell we are going to use a top 1-4 draft pick on a QB this year. There is no QB coming out who will be rated highly. Maybe we trade down for more picks and use a pick outside of the top 10 on a QB, or we use a 2nd rounder on a project QB.

Our future franchise QB is not in the top 5 picks this year. Sign RGIII to back up Romo for the next 2-3 years and see if you can develop him. No drafted QB at the top of round one this year will help us be a better team the next 3 years.
:hammer:We need more TEs:laugh:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
In reference to earlier posts, a fair weather fan isn't someone who wants to lose out for draft position...that's just a different thought process from mine. To me, the fair weather fans are those who praised Jerry, Jason, and the front office after last season and a good postseason where we got screwed in GB..."Jerry finally gets it"... "We finally have our coach guys", but now, after a losing season without our best CB and our two most valuable players on the team in franchise QB and WR, those same fans want to fire Garrett and hang Jerry again. That's being a fair weather fan! I have more respect for the negative nellies who have hated Garrett and Jones all along.

This team never had a chance after losing Scandrick, Romo, and Dez (still not 100%) for most or all season. Should the backups have won 1-2 games with no QB and no WR threat? Yes, but then we are just in the same situation many fans are lamenting now...going into the playoffs with a handicapped team and a bad draft position. Just one of those years with serious injuries to all of our most critical players...very different from losing 3 starters on the OL or two RBs.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I agree with you....the only thing that makes me think it could be different this draft is remembering how Jerry was willing to draft Manziel in the first round. Also they realize they screwed up by trying to be so smart this past draft and passing on every running back they could have drafted.

I don't get excited over the draft anymore. Too many years of watching high draft picks turn into garbage players to keep going down that road.

Look at Thomas Rawls...not even drafted and looks like on of the best backs in the game.

Jerry wanted Manziel because he thinks we are short on circus clowns. Or maybe he needs a young drinking buddy to keep the 20 something females around.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ya screw draft position. Who needs a future starting qb. When Matt Cassell can win out and somehow make the playoffs. That'll turn out good.

And if there is a QB there we like who says he will be the answer vs a bust. Right now I'd prefer a T, WR, CB, S, or DL unless we get someone like Luck.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ya screw draft position. Who needs a future starting qb. When Matt Cassell can win out and somehow make the playoffs. That'll turn out good.

Screw fans who want to see their team lose.

Playing games that matter in tight race is huge for developing players. Getting to the playoffs is equally huge. The young guys on this team will benefit tremendously from us staying in the race. That's what real fans need to root for.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Screw fans who want to see their team lose.

Playing games that matter in tight race is huge for developing players. Getting to the playoffs is equally huge. The young guys on this team will benefit tremendously from us staying in the race. That's what real fans need to root for.

I'm rooting til the end

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Too bad Garrett is nailed to the ground to his way of doing things which has been a massive failure this year so this means nothing.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And if there is a QB there we like who says he will be the answer vs a bust. Right now I'd prefer a T, WR, CB, S, or DL unless we get someone like Luck.

I can't see an early first round guy being good enough. More likely I expect we get aggressive about a late first, early second prospect. By aggressive, I mean not sitting in wait on him with our second pick. We'd be moving up. I believe we targeted Dalton and Kaepernick as 2nd rounders but they didn't fall.

reddyuta

Reaction score

anybody can be a bust.why single out a QB to make an argument to not drafting a QB? Mo was the biggest but in recent cowboys history and we drafted him in the at 6th overall with a 2nd rd pick thrown in.you keep putting off drafting QB and you will have more chance of a bust like Christian Ponder.If you think a QB can play then you draft him and hopefully he doesnt have to play right away.

links18

Reaction score
No it can't, Matt Cassel can't win in the playoffs. This team will be lucky to win one game that's left on the schedule so the playoff talk is meaningless.

That makes the discussion rather academic then doesn't it?

Satchel89

Reaction score
I will still check on the Cowboys when their playing but does anyone want to see a 7-9 or 8-8 team go to the playoffs? No. Absolutely not. Just gives Jerry a reason to keep everything the same and make excuses for players and coaches.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
anybody can be a bust.why single out a QB to make an argument to not drafting a QB? Mo was the biggest but in recent cowboys history and we drafted him in the at 6th overall with a 2nd rd pick thrown in.you keep putting off drafting QB and you will have more chance of a bust like Christian Ponder.If you think a QB can play then you draft him and hopefully he doesnt have to play right away.

Because highly ranked QBs have a greater boom or bust record that many other positions. The safest position has been the interior of the OL followed by OL. That changes over time. QB has been high risk for a long time. Part of that is teams are dying to get that next guy. You just have to be more diligent drafting QBs early than other position. Ergo, be real sure you get what you wished for cause you don't want to lose that high pick.