NFC East remaining schedules and likely outcomes

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Giants remaining schedule 2-3, 7-9 (8-8 at best if they luck out a win over Jets):
L - Jets
W- Dolphins
L - Panthers
L - Vikings
W - Eagles

Commanders remaining schedule 1-4, 6-10 (or if they pull out a win vs. Bears or Bills, 2-3, 7-9):
L - Cowboys
L - Bears
L - Bills
W - Eagles
L - Cowboys

Eagles remaining schedule 0-5, 4-12 (non-factor, even if they luck out 2 wins, they suck):
L - Patriots
L - Bills
L - Cardinals
L - Commanders
L - Giants

Cowboys remaining schedule 4-1 (possibly 5-0), 7-9 / 8-8:
W - Commanders
L - Packers (possibly W, as they are on a 1-4 kick)
W - Jets -
W - Bills
W - Commanders

7-9 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record),
or 8-8 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record)
or 8-8 = win outright

This outcome is VERY feasible and is exactly what Sean Lee and the players are thinking right now.

NEVER Give Up!!

fi.jpg

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Yea but dont you think for the future of the team, it would be more beneficial to lose out? Its rare that a 12-4 SB contending team is in play for a top 5 pick the next season. We have a great opportunity to draft Romos successor or a blue chip talent that can give the offense/defense a lift.

As a coach and player, it's simply a challenge every week to beat your opponent. There is no thought given to draft position or saving yourself, because any game could be your last. Imagine the HC having an absent or flawed game plan, and talk to the team about playing all the marginal guys, like training camp.

This whole premise of playing for a draft pick instead of to win has no place in sports.

I would have no use for any coach or teammate who is not playing to win.

An athlete can't lose respect for himself or his team, or he's done.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
As a coach and player, it's simply a challenge every week to beat your opponent. There is no thought given to draft position or saving yourself, because any game could be your last. Imagine the HC having an absent or flawed game plan, and talk to the team about playing all the marginal guys, like training camp.

This whole premise of playing for a draft pick instead of to win has no place in sports.

I never said the team shouldnt play to win. My message was for the fans wanting us to go on a run and try to make the playoffs.

Fans wanting the team to lose out and the actual team wanting to lose out is completely different. I dont want anyone on this team that wants to lose.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I never said the team shouldnt play to win. My message was for the fans wanting us to go on a run and try to make the playoffs.

Fans wanting the team to lose out and the actual team wanting to lose out is completely different. I dont want anyone on this team that wants to lose.

yea, and I'm not rooting for us to lose, just perfectly fine with it because at this point, every win hurts us. I don't doubt that the team will continue to fight and the more questionable guys like a Mo Claiborne, McClain or Hardy likely won't be here much longer anyway.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Dallas would be doing bad to finish with five wins.

Well they are just opinions being thrown around so it is not like anyone can be wrong. Having said that I think Dallas splits with the Skins and maybe wins against one of the NY teams which would put them at 5 wins.

fweegy

Reaction score
Cowboys remaining schedule 4-1 (possibly 5-0), 7-9 / 8-8:
W - Commanders
L - Packers (possibly W, as they are on a 1-4 kick)
W - Jets -
W - Bills
W - Commanders

7-9 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record),
or 8-8 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record)
or 8-8 = win outright

This outcome is VERY feasible and is exactly what Sean Lee and the players are thinking right now.

NEVER Give Up!![/quote]

Step away from the crack pipe and seek rehab.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Lol if we won the division. Id be so happy, I'd laugh so hard at the rivals. We suck cuz romo isn't playing, all those teams suck just because there not talented.. It's crazy...

Well said, and my sentiments exactly!... playing to lose and/or for draft position is for losers!

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Ugh, give it up already.

Ugh, Give up posting here if you don't support the Cowboys.

What are you even doing here if you don't want to support your team... let me guess, you want a top 5 draft pick. And then what? What does that get you?
You think the players playing now give a $h|t about draft position. They aren't giving up... True fans are not giving up either.

Wayne02

Reaction score

What are you even doing here if you don't want to support your team... let me guess, you want a top 5 draft pick. And then what? What does that get you?
You think the players playing now give a $h|t about draft position. They aren't giving up... True fans are not giving up either.

Being a homer doesn't make you a "true fan" it makes you delusional, sorry to burst your bubble.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
I did not say anything negative. If you were not defensive and butt hurt you would see that.

Your post: "LOL homer picks. Dallas will be doing good to finish with 5 wins."
strikes many as negative...
...5 wins, ie. finishing 2-3 is a negative statement.

The fact that you have 'Thread Killer' under your name, sounds fairly negative 'LOL'
I would guess that wasn't your first negative comment about the Cowboys, but I could be wrong.

Am not butt hurt at all... just irritating to have so called 'fans' come on here and bash our team.
Call me a homer after we are mathematically eliminated. Until then, MANY agree that we have a legit shot at a playoff position, and as we have all witnessed over the years, ANYTHING can happen once the playoffs start. Everyone starts 0-0. Should we get in, we have the talent to do well. Not 1 and done. We just need to get on a roll.

Should we win the division, what will you say?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

you_are_broken_trollcat.jpg

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
This team completely deflated the second Romo went out. They are not somehow miraculously winning 4 more games, deep down they all know it's over.

Not true, and not true.
If you go back and re-watch the game, we actually played better with Cassel in there than we did with Romo.
And it is not over. Cassel improved each game he played. He is a good QB. Give the man a chance. We are not out of this by a long shot.
If we were 7-4, chasing a 9-2 NFC East leader, it would NOT be a miracle to catch the leader and win the division.
First place happens to be 5-6! Both with their starting QBs all season (we are only 2 behind, having endured critical injuries!) The records are different, but the math is the same.
Have some faith... the bandwagon is only so big you know.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like optimism. I don't like blind optimism,

I'm not sure how I feel about angry optimism though.