NFC East remaining schedules and likely outcomes

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
I like optimism. I don't like blind optimism,

I'm not sure how I feel about angry optimism though.

A bit of anger develops dealing with all the negative posts from those claiming to be fans, ridiculing others for having faith in and supporting our team.
If they don't support the Cowboys, why do they waste their time on here... doesn't make sense.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
The NFL will use the Cowboys for their ratings generating ways all the way till the last game of the season against the skins. I can see favorable calls go the Cowboys way to keep the division to a winner take all scenario for the last game of the season between Cowboys and Commanders.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How the hell is going 4-1 or 5-0 "feasible" for the Cowboys but everyone else is going to crap the bed?

We went 0-7 without Romo but now suddenly will got 4-1 without him?

LOL.

2 Words............

Kellen Moore

The rest is up to this staff to play him......:)

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Being a homer doesn't make you a "true fan" it makes you delusional, sorry to burst your bubble.

Do you make these comments so you can say you were right IF the Cowboys happen to lose?
Let's see how many of the negs apologize to all those who supported their team when we do win the division.
Should we call all the negs delusional, and make derogatory comments about them when that happens?

I'll bet when the Broncos were down 21-7 to the Patriots, many of those same people would have called Bronco fans delusional for believing their team could come back and win that game against the undefeated / vaunted Patriots.

I guess if the negs are always negative, they are bound to be right sometimes. And boy do they love to let you know when they are right, but rarely do they announce how wrong they were when those times come (more often than not).

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
I hope the Eagles/Giants/Commanders all win out and Cowboys continue to lose, they'll finish with a draft pick around 12-18 while we'll finish with a top 3 pick. And neither team will win a super bowl this year, so draft pick is all that matters, right ?

Giants are the only team in our division realistically able to make noise in the playoffs, thus I hope the Commanders win the East.

I can't stand fans cheering for their team to lose. That is THE most ridiculous position to take. Cheering for a draft position?
Give me a break.

And even with Cassel we are better than the Giants, so that last statement is bogus.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Giants remaining schedule 2-3, 7-9 (8-8 at best if they luck out a win over Jets):
L - Jets
W- Dolphins
L - Panthers
L - Vikings
W - Eagles

Commanders remaining schedule 1-4, 6-10 (or if they pull out a win vs. Bears or Bills, 2-3, 7-9):
L - Cowboys
L - Bears
L - Bills
W - Eagles
L - Cowboys

Eagles remaining schedule 0-5, 4-12 (non-factor, even if they luck out 2 wins, they suck):
L - Patriots
L - Bills
L - Cardinals
L - Commanders
L - Giants

Cowboys remaining schedule 4-1 (possibly 5-0), 7-9 / 8-8:
W - Commanders
L - Packers (possibly W, as they are on a 1-4 kick)
W - Jets -
W - Bills
W - Commanders

7-9 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record),
or 8-8 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record)
or 8-8 = win outright

This outcome is VERY feasible and is exactly what Sean Lee and the players are thinking right now.

NEVER Give Up!!

Sorry to say this but I think the only win we get is from the Jets. I don't see us beating the Skins this year.

SunspotJonz

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been answered but...

Lets just say by some longshot we get in the playoffs. Could romo be back for the wildcard game? I would be essentially 6 weeks for Romo to heal

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The Jets will win easily, I think we split with the skins going 1-4.

In my humble opinion of course :laugh:

Fare enough. I just don't think we will win as easily as people think. Especially when Callahan knows exactly what plays will be calling.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been answered but...

Lets just say by some longshot we get in the playoffs. Could romo be back for the wildcard game? I would be essentially 6 weeks for Romo to heal

I think that would be playing with fire considering he wasn't ready at 8 weeks.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Do you make these comments so you can say you were right IF the Cowboys happen to lose?
Let's see how many of the negs apologize to all those who supported their team when we do win the division.
Should we call all the negs delusional, and make derogatory comments about them when that happens?

I'll bet when the Broncos were down 21-7 to the Patriots, many of those same people would have called Bronco fans delusional for believing their team could come back and win that game against the undefeated / vaunted Patriots.

I guess if the negs are always negative, they are bound to be right sometimes. And boy do they love to let you know when they are right, but rarely do they announce how wrong they were when those times come (more often than not).

How about we place a wager on the remainder of the season. If the Cowboys win the division, I go away for a month, but if they don't win the division, then you go away for a month. Bet?

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Let me understand this...we go 0-7 wthout ROMO...he comes back we are 1-1 and with him gone again we go 4-1. I live here in philly...throw me a nice care package on whatever you are taking in..

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they may win one more game this season not likely but they could will end the season 3 and 13 or 4 and 12 with the number one first overall pick in the draft now what good that will do with the jugheads that run the org or the coaches that coaches them will be determined in the future but for me I will never be fooled again by believing any thing they have to say will be totally show me.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
2 Words............

Kellen Moore

The rest is up to this staff to play him......:)

I agree. What i dont get is that Cowboy fans still have hope but for the wrong reasons. We still have hope because the other teams are losing but the bad thing is that the Cowboys are losing also. We should have closed out many games but failed to at the end. The coaching by itself will make every game close or the losing side of a blowout.

We had our breaks and it seems we ran out of games. Now we are hoping for two teams to have a losing record. We know what Cassel is about and now it is time for Kellen Moore. Cassel will probably win a game, at best 2 games if he stays the starter.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
meanwhile. The Denver broncos beat the undefeated "mega all world tom brady and bill belicheck patriots" with a guy named Osweiller, a 3rd round choice they have been grooming for years.....

ummmm, seems like John Elway knows the importance of a QB and Backup QB.....And has the balls to spend resources on it. If i am not mistaken, thats the second win the backup has racked up......

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I like Michael88Irvin optimism and dedication. He is a fan. He is just blinded by all that.

Step back. forget about how the NFCE has played. And look at how the Cowboys have played. We had both Dez and Romo in the game for that Carolina game, but it goes far deeper then that. Much deeper. Look at it objectively.

What in the world have you seen out of this Cowboys team , that makes you think they can pull this off.....

What you are suggesting is a miracle. A really really big one too.. I guess it could happen. I could win the lottery too......................................

who knows, we buy tickets once a week........

basstapp

Reaction score
I never in for rooting for a loss, but even if we made the playoffs we aren't going to win... So why sacrifice a premium draft pick for say slot 10....

vaturkey

Reaction score
meanwhile. The Denver broncos beat the undefeated "mega all world tom brady and bill belicheck patriots" with a guy named Osweiller, a 3rd round choice they have been grooming for years.....

ummmm, seems like John Elway knows the importance of a QB and Backup QB.....And has the balls to spend resources on it. If i am not mistaken, thats the second win the backup has racked up......

Actually he was a 2nd round pick. IMO Jerry would have never spend a 2nd round pick on a backup qb. Not in Jerry's DNA. Also, the Patriots were ripe for a upset with their losses on offense this year and a marginal Oline. I'm not sure who the best team is in the AFC now. I'm not sure its the Patriots.