NFL.com coach rankings

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hope? lol people actually still buy that? WOW Fool them 1000 times.
Obviously Cowboy fans are the biggest suckers or addicts in sports as the Cowboys remain the wealthiest and highest revenue generating franchise without the success on the field.

Big_D

Reaction score
Obviously Cowboy fans are the biggest suckers or addicts in sports as the Cowboys remain the wealthiest and highest revenue generating franchise without the success on the field.

buying merchandise doesn't equate to any hope of winning. Just lining Jerry's pockets and the damage is done.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
buying merchandise doesn't equate to any hope of winning. Just lining Jerry's pockets and the damage is done.
Any financial contribution is a direct or indirect support of the Cowboys.

We don’t usually continue patronizing a business when we don’t expect to recieve a quality product or wish to excercise our disproval in operations.

The continued financial support Jerry recieves allows him a seal of approval to continue his ways.

Big_D

Reaction score
Any financial contribution is a direct or indirect support of the Cowboys.

We don’t usually continue patronizing a business when we don’t expect to recieve a quality product or wish to excercise our disproval in operations.

The continued financial support Jerry recieves allows him a seal of approval to continue his ways.

True but not everyone is a die hard fan spending every waking hour on the teams forums. LOL Some are buying gifts for their kids or family members who aren't already worn out by Jerry's antics. I haven't bought any merchandise in years, but I have gotten gifts. I have a friend who hates Jerry but every year him and his son buy matching Jerseys. More of a fashion statement than thinking they have a shot at a championship. I get the idea to exercise not supporting Jerry financially, but profit sharing, tv contracts, stadium earnings etc.. with those things it doesn't really matter what you're not buying at that point.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The strength of the Cowboys looks like talent level.
The problems are offensive player development, offensive scheme, and game/clock/situation management.

Which of those looks like Garrett's responsibilities?
All of those are Garrett’s responsibility. We have top 10 talent, with a mediocre middle of the road coach, and actually, I believe Garrett is below average during games with clock management and in game adjustments and has a below average offensive passing scheme. Garrett is the main problem with this team. I don’t include Jerry because he’s not going anywhere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True but not everyone is a die hard fan spending every waking hour on the teams forums. LOL Some are buying gifts for their kids or family members who aren't already worn out by Jerry's antics. I haven't bought any merchandise in years, but I have gotten gifts. I have a friend who hates Jerry but every year him and his son buy matching Jerseys. More of a fashion statement than thinking they have a shot at a championship. I get the idea to exercise not supporting Jerry financially, but profit sharing, tv contracts, stadium earnings etc.. with those things it doesn't really matter what you're not buying at that point.
It all adds up and can be hypocritical. We’re all guilty of contributing. Some more than others.

Which is fine. Just saying..there’s more we could have done to send Jerry a message.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
All of those are Garrett’s responsibility. We have top 10 talent, with a mediocre middle of the road coach, and actually, I believe Garrett is below average during games with clock management and in game adjustments and has a below average offensive passing scheme. Garrett is the main problem with this team. I don’t include Jerry because he’s not going anywhere.

Isn't it the scouting department and GM who are most responsible for player acquisition?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Isn't it the scouting department and GM who are most responsible for player acquisition?
Yes but it’s the coaches who outlay the positions of need and type of talent and skills they’re looking for in their vision and scheme.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes, then it's the coaches job to get the most out of them.

Which we don't seem to do well developing players on offense. Williams, Escobar, Bennett, Green.

Hell, we took phenomenal Felix and ground him out of the league. We turned Green from a serviceable backup T into a historic clown show.

We developed Tony, and that development was pre Garrett. Who else on offense was developed beyond their first year? Seems if you weren't pretty damn good your rookie year, you weren't going anywhere on our offense.

Beasley is the one exception of the Garrett era I can think of.

Dez got better. Anyone think our coaches made all that could be made of him?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Which we don't seem to do well developing players on offense. Williams, Escobar, Bennett, Green.

Hell, we took phenomenal Felix and ground him out of the league. We turned Green from a serviceable backup T into a historic clown show.

We developed Tony, and that development was pre Garrett. Who else on offense was developed beyond their first year? Seems if you weren't pretty damn good your rookie year, you weren't going anywhere on our offense.

Beasley is the one exception of the Garrett era I can think of.

Dez got better. Anyone think our coaches made all that could be made of him?
You are talking about development, but judging what the players you named accomplished in the NFL outside of Dallas, I am thinking identification is the bigger problem.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Front men. That's what NFL head coaches have become. Gone are the days of assistants doing TV interviews. GMs rarely take the mic, unless it's at league meetings. Head coaches are THE face of the product, attached to successes and pitfalls in a way that perhaps only real front men can understand. Guys like Axl Rose, Mick Jagger and whoever those brothers were from Oasis. Lions fan Kid Rock doesn't count. But while we're here ... Detroit features a new front man: Matt Patricia, one of seven new coaches -- the group that makes these annual NFL Head Coach Power Rankings a slippery undertaking. (Patricia also looks like he could play bass for Metal Church.) How do you rate coaches who've never done the job? How do those who have hoisted the Lombardi Trophy stack up? And what about Doug Pederson, who pulled it off as a sophomore? Answers below. Your take is not, so send along: @HarrisonNFL is the place.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000938541/2018-nfl-coach-rankings-bill-belichick-and-then-