NFL.com coach rankings

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Now you aren’t even making sense.
He never has made sense because that would require some dose of reality when it comes to this team, its coach and how it has performed.

Alexander

Reaction score
Still whining eh?
Yes and as long as it irks you, I will continue.

But please, continue with your monosyllabic posts. They are so intelligent and thought provoking.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Tomlin has Big Ben and usually a top notch defense.

Harbaugh had one good year with Flacco and a great defense.

McCarthy has Rodgers.

JG has had Romo until the last game of the season that actually would have got us to the playoffs TWICE but had to use 2 different back up qb’s in those games. He got us to the playoffs and Romo threw 3 picks and had a less than 50% completion rate. He had Weeden and Cassel for a season. He got beat by GB twice in the playoffs, once on a non catch call and the other with a rookie qb and lost by a last second FG. He’s also never had a truly dominant defense like Pitt and Baltimore.

When was the last time Pittsburgh had a dominant defense?

aria

Reaction score
Harbaugh had one good year?

The guy has 10 playoff wins.... garrett has 1. Harbaugh also has Flacco...

I get all the excuses we like to lay out for Garrett. But the accomplishments aren’t even close between him and those 3 HC’s. Their winning % and playoff wins all surpass him. They all would still have more playoff wins than Garrett even without the excuses against Green Bay...
I was referring to his Super Bowl. Overall his defenses carried him.

JG couldn’t control the Dez call, who knows what would have happened after that. I’ll tell you what would have happened. AR would have got the ball back, drove down the field and won the game like he did in 2016. The FO really hasn’t built this team properly and I still question if what they’re doing is right.

I’d find it hard to believe Tomlin or Harbaugh would have had that much better results, if not the same, under the same circumstances JG has faced. You think either one of them would have won a playoff implicated game against a divisional rival with Kitna as their QB? Do you think they would have had a winning season with Weeden and Cassel? Do you think they would have been able to overcome Romo’s horrendous game aganist Washington with coaching? I don’t.

Dre11

Reaction score
Funny, I said nothing of the kind. I just commented right here that it is idiotic to actually take pride in the fact that Garrett is a middle of the road coach.

It’s not pride, he’s a top half of the league coach, just as the rankings suggests. No more no less, you went on a hissy fit about pride with your same lame act.

Alexander

Reaction score
So wait. Hold on.

He gets negative points for presiding over a team with a great defense? Isn't that what a good head coach does? Creates a team that can win?

aria

Reaction score
When was the last time Pittsburgh had a dominant defense?
Last year (aka 2017)

5th in total points allowed
7th in points allowed per game
5th in passing yards allowed per game
10th in rushing defense
1st in sacks

Alexander

Reaction score
Last year (aka 2017)

10th in rushing defense
1st in sacks
Well maybe if Garrett insisted on getting better defensive support, he might be more successful.

It is not like he has had poor defensive coaches foisted upon him. He has been pretty complicit with each and every hire since he has been a head coach.

The last decent defense we had was created by the man he knifed in the back to get his job.

CPanther95

Reaction score

JG couldn’t control the Dez call, who knows what would have happened after that. I’ll tell you what would have happened. AR would have got the ball back, drove down the field and won the game like he did in 2016. The FO really hasn’t built this team properly and I still question if what they’re doing is right.

I’d find it hard to believe Tomlin or Harbaugh would have had that much better results, if not the same, under the same circumstances JG has faced. You think either one of them would have won a playoff implicated game against a divisional rival with Kitna as their QB? Do you think they would have had a winning season with Weeden and Cassel? Do you think they would have been able to overcome Romo’s horrendous game aganist Washington with coaching? I don’t.

Very true If they sucked at developing talent and making game day adjustments as much as Garrett, they likely would not have any better results than Garrett .

CPanther95

Reaction score
Last year (aka 2017)

10th in rushing defense
1st in sacks

How about since 2010?

The 2017 defense didn't help get any playoff wins.

aria

Reaction score
So wait. Hold on.

He gets negative points for presiding over a team with a great defense? Isn't that what a good head coach does? Creates a team that can win?
No, he doesn’t get negative points but he was given the personnel, JG wasn’t on defense. How many threads were there of people whining and crying about how bad our secondary was? They practically let every starter walk and people here were applauding, what does that tell you about the quality of players he’s had on defense? Lee is hurt every season, we haven’t had a true pass rusher in years until DLaw’s break out year. We have a gimpy project LB starting and a secondary full of rookies. We’ve never had depth.

Are you going to tell me a HC who has AR as his QB and Jay Cutler as his QB should be equally evaluated?

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s not pride, he’s a top half of the league coach, just as the rankings suggests. No more no less, you went on a hissy fit about pride with your same lame act.

Because you’ve argued in the past you think he’s a good coach and people unfairly criticize him when they say he hasn’t been good enough.

Then you post an article that actually proves the point of many who think he’s not good enough. He’s league average. Certainly Dallas should want a coach better than league average, right?

aria

Reaction score
Very true If they sucked at developing talent and making game day adjustments as much as Garrett, they likely would not have any better results than Garrett .
Yeah, Garrett has had so much talent to work with, including a fragile QB who couldn’t finish the regular season two years in a row when the final game was for the playoffs. Why is that? I thought fhe excuse around here was the FO “wasted” Tony’s best years by not surrounding with enough talent. So Tony gts a pass dor not getting the job done because he didn’t have enough talent but JG doesn’t? He’s had little to work with on both sides of the ball....ever.

aria

Reaction score
How about since 2010?

The 2017 defense didn't help get any playoff wins.
I already answered your first question, do your own research. You’ll keep making excuses, it’s pointless.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, he doesn’t get negative points but he was given the personnel, JG wasn’t on defense. How many threads were there of people whining and crying about how bad our secondary was? They practically let every starter walk and people here were applauding, what does that tell you about the quality of players he’s had on defense? Lee is hurt every season, we haven’t had a true pass rusher in years until DLaw’s break out year. We have a gimpy project LB starting and a secondary full of rookies. We’ve never had depth.

Are you going to tell me a HC who has AR as his QB and Jay Cutler as his QB should be equally evaluated?

I love how Tony Romo has morphed into basically a bum that no coach could win with.

I’ve come to the conclusion that some of you will never, ever admit that Garrrett just isn’t that good of a head coach. Some of you will always have excuses as to why he’s largely been average over his entire career to date.

aria

Reaction score
Well maybe if Garrett insisted on getting better defensive support, he might be more successful.

It is not like he has had poor defensive coaches foisted upon him. He has been pretty complicit with each and every hire since he has been a head coach.

The last decent defense we had was created by the man he knifed in the back to get his job.
Are you kidding? So now if JG insists then he suddenly gets what he wants? Lol, for a second I thought you were serious.

aria

Reaction score
I love how Tony Romo has morphed into basically a bum that no coach could win with.

I’ve come to the conclusion that some of you will never, ever admit that Garrrett just isn’t that good of a head coach. Some of you will always have excuses as to why he’s largely been average over his entire career to date.
Did he not throw 3 INT’s and have less than a 50% completion rate in the playoffs against Washington?

And I never said he was a bum but he got hurt a lot and choked in big games. Even Parcells couldn’t win a playoff game with him because he choked.

Sydla

Reaction score
Are you kidding? So now if JG insists then he suddenly gets what he wants? Lol, for a second I thought you were serious.

He gets what he wants more than you want to think. For example, he wanted Elliott when the scouts largely wanted Ramsey.

This idea that he has no say in anything is just more excuse making for him.

If he has no say and doesn’t largely get what he wants, then people like you should never demand he get credit for the roster or roster building or personnel.

aria

Reaction score
Bill did his part, Tony didn’t do his. Coaches 1-0.

2nJA3nK_d.jpg