News: NFL: Dak Refusing To Be Worried About WR Corps

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I actually think Romo and Dak were the worst things to happen. Because it convinced Jerry you don’t have to use a high pick on a QB. They also kept his team relevant for a long time and Dak saved garrets job and gave us another 4 years of him.
How on earth is that the WORST thing to happen to this franchise lol?

Let's remember what this team tried to do with HIGH PICKS. They tried to trade into the 1st round to grab Paxton Lynch. The year prior Jerry actually had to make the tough decision of Johnny Manziel or Zack Martin.....

So no, these aren't the worst. They easily could've had Paxton Lynch or Johnny Manziel right now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So the Eagles had no flaws when they won with Nick Foles? Or the Giants who struggled to even get into the playoffs? You're just talking to talk I Forget you do this type of ****.
Maybe Foles and Eli are just better than Dak and Romo when it matters. I mean, that's kinda hard to argue since they have proven it.

Even though Eli is a 2x SB MVP and Foles is a 1x SB MVP there's more to it than the box scores.

jay94

Reaction score
He should be, believe he held the same view before we traded for Amari. When Dak starts elevating players maybe I will believe it.

Proof

Reaction score
Cobb was on pace to do about the same in Houston.

He only played in 10 games and had 17 less catches, 350ish less receiving yards, and the same amount of receiving TDs as he did in 15 games with Dallas.

yeah so not the same. less receptions and yards (even projected ) considerably worse ypc and then went back to GB and did even worse. And that’s not accounting for the years prior. he essentially had the 3rd best season of his career in Dallas

Proof

Reaction score
He should be, believe he held the same view before we traded for Amari. When Dak starts elevating players maybe I will believe it.

Coke Beasley was the centerpiece lol. Lamb is a stud. Tolbert looks legit. And Dak is better. I’m not thrilled at the situation but it’s leagues better than 2018

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
yeah so not the same. less receptions and yards (even projected ) considerably worse ypc and then went back to GB and did even worse. And that’s not accounting for the years prior. he essentially had the 3rd best season of his career in Dallas
More reception, more TDs, less yards.

If projected out to 15 games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe Foles and Eli are just better than Dak and Romo when it matters. I mean, that's kinda hard to argue since they have proven it.

Even though Eli is a 2x SB MVP and Foles is a 1x SB MVP there's more to it than the box scores.
I asked you were they flawed? Yes or no? Quit arguing and bringing up points that were never made. I get it you’re trying to troll. Trust me I do. But have a sensible discussion for once.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Seems quite reasonable to me, fellows and followers.
Dak realizes he canna change things injury or healing-wise. He looks ahead --- as we all should, chaps ---
to a brighter day to see the mettle of Tolbert, Vasher and Fehoko. raw talents, misers, but with proper coaching, well, we shall only guess.

Too, it might be that Dak more enjoys working with rooks and emerging talents rather than with highly paid divas.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Seems quite reasonable to me, fellows and followers.
Dak realizes he canna change things injury or healing-wise. He looks ahead --- as we all should, chaps ---
to a brighter day to see the mettle of Tolbert, Vasher and Fehoko. raw talents, misers, but with proper coaching, well, we shall only guess.

Too, it might be that Dak more enjoys working with rooks and emerging talents rather than with highly paid divas.
You mean like with one of his own?

C'me on, you knew we couldn't let that pass. :D

GINeric

Reaction score
One thing for sure. With the injuries we’ve already incurred with Washington and Gallup recovering from we are looking rather weak in depth at receiver.

It’s a valid concern and will continue to be until proven otherwise. That said there’s no reason to bash our QB responding in the manner he did with the media.

On the other hand the criticism or ridicule should be placed with our front office if they aren’t recognizing the obvious concerns.

Thats just it. People who KNOW football understand these things you've posted.

But those who DON'T know a damn thing about football will say this is making up excuses because its surrounding Dak. But if this was any other quarterback in this same situation, those same hater losers would say something completely and totally different.

Remember.... according to our resident dumb dumbs here, EVERYTHING negative that happens to the Cowboys is Daks fault. Defensive and special teams miscues are all Daks fault.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Told you guys before and I'll tell you again the Jones boys are setting up Mr. 40 million $ for a major fall this coming season.
No trading for another Coop and not even the NFC East will save him as it's gotten better.
Unless a Dak miracle happens expect him to be a pre-June 1st 2024 cut......

phildadon86

Reaction score

Let's remember what this team tried to do with HIGH PICKS. They tried to trade into the 1st round to grab Paxton Lynch. The year prior Jerry actually had to make the tough decision of Johnny Manziel or Zack Martin.....

So no, these aren't the worst. They easily could've had Paxton Lynch or Johnny Manziel right now.
Easy tiger. All I’m saying is. If we were in quarterback hell like Cleveland change would need to happen. Romo and Dak kept the cowboys relevant, and Jerry happy. Also made sure to keep Garrett around when it’s obvious he wasn’t an NFL level coach.

Romo and Dak should sue Jason for a portion of the money he earned as the HC of the cowboys. If it wasn’t for them he would have been long gone.

shabazz

Reaction score
Easy tiger. All I’m saying is. If we were in quarterback hell like Cleveland change would need to happen. Romo and Dak kept the cowboys relevant, and Jerry happy. Also made sure to keep Garrett around when it’s obvious he wasn’t an NFL level coach.

Romo and Dak should sue Jason for a portion of the money he earned as the HC of the cowboys. If it wasn’t for them he would have been long gone.

no doubt that things could be worse here. We could be panther fans knowing that our starting Qb will either be Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield…..I’ll take Daks game overs both those bums.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I asked you were they flawed? Yes or no? Quit arguing and bringing up points that were never made. I get it you’re trying to troll. Trust me I do. But have a sensible discussion for once.
It's impossible to have a sensible discussion between you and I.

For as much as you think I'm a "troll" I think you're a homer just as much.

We're never going to see things eye to eye on the QB situation it seems.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Or both