Draft Day NFL Draft 2024 Day 2

Flamma

Reaction score
I'd love it if we could get Payton Wilson or JPJ AND Sweat.
You'd probably have to find another gas mask pic for JPJ to drop that far. But the other two are right around our next two picks. Going by the board I'm looking at. To be honest, who knows when Sweat will go now.

I'm hoping they don't take a RB. At least not in the 2nd.

Adreme

Reaction score
They couldn't before. They just want to complain about everything.
You absolutely still can. You can look at what every other QB in that class (except Lawrence) got traded for and see that it was less than what Lance was traded for. Even Fields got traded for less and some people actually believe in the tape he has put out at the NFL level.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You'd probably have to find another gas mask pic for JPJ to drop that far. But the other two are right around our next two picks. Going by the board I'm looking at. To be honest, who knows when Sweat will go now.

I wouldn't be upset with Benson, but I'd really love for us to wait on RB. I think Dillon Johnson (who should be available in round 6) would be a great day 3 pick.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Was Mazi Smith a better prospect coming into the draft than T'Vondre Sweat? Sweat seems 30lbs heavier, I want beef in the lineup. Just sucks to hear 'effort' is a question with him
I think its not his effort, I think it's his partying he does outside of football that's an issue.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is what always cracks me up every year, and why I think the so called evaluators are often not very good at their jobs.

Film was watched. He was described as a 3rd round player. He goes to the Sr bowl and several articles come out and say he made $$$$ going there for sure, dominated many draftable IOL.

Then a couple weeks before the draft..........he has been pushed down to the 6th or 7th due to bad film and effort.

HE HAS NOT PLAYED A GAME since the SR BOWL where he was all written up. His evaluation was great the first few weeks thereafter.

How is he now dropping when he hasn't played a down? This happens every year to some players and I just do not understand how they can be great on film then all of a sudden discovered they aren't. Either the original evaluators are way stronger than Hoover and Dyson, or the new evaluation is only out there for some team to try and drive their value down. Either way, I don't understand them, and I think they all are lacking in their ability to evaluate.

Example this year. I used 3-5 draft simulators, read all I could. Everyone had Penix going late one or lower. --- Taken top 10. He may end up a horrible bust or the best QB in the class, but evaluators aren't very good when players move this much when they aren't playing.
Remember DK Metcalf? He started out somewhere in the top of the first round. Some drill he did poorly knocked him in the late 2nd round.

As far as Sweat goes, I'm pretty sure the DWI arrest is what dropped his stock. Him being open about liking to party probably hurt him more. But he's still the same player. Some teams probably won't care as much as others. I don't think he gets out of the 3rd round.

shabazz

Reaction score
Exactly, and training camp will likely initiate that. But, for now, unless we do something incredibly stupid (like sign a QB to a 4 year deal and then draft his replacement), its time to hope and dream.
.....I just wish I knew what the FOs true intentions and plan is.

It would make sense out of some of the moves.....or lack thereof but the draft is easy to figure...just fill holes

Adreme

Reaction score
.....I just wish I knew what the FOs true intentions and plan is.

It would make sense out of some of the moves.....or lack thereof but the draft is easy to figure...just fill holes
I mean I can tell you it quite easily. They never want to actually "go all in" which means actually betting future years cap on present success. That means they are not going to actually going to try and upgrade the team in free agency but just continually be in that mode where you are looking to get great draft picks and resign your good players. The next stage of teambuilding is once you have those draft picks is to start making big moves to go for a run but the consequence of that is after 5 years you have to be bad for a year or two. They do not want to do that so are happier just being in the conversation.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys last 10 # 2 picks................Will McClay sucking wind along with his boss.

2023:
Luke Schoonmaker 2022:
Sam Williams 2021:
Kelvin Joseph 2020:
Trevon Diggs 2019:
Trysten Hill 2018:
Connor Williams 2017:
Chidobe Awuzie 2016:
Jaylon Smith 2015:
Randy Gregory 2014:
DeMarcus Lawrence 2013:

CWR

Reaction score

Payton Wilson being compared to Luke Kuechly is nice. I'd be hyped to have a legit LB. We sure as hell could use one.

Man he's already 24 though. I dont care for that in rd 2 AGAIN.

Flamma

Reaction score
Payton Wilson being compared to Luke Kuechly is nice. I'd be hyped to have a legit LB. We sure as hell could use one.

Just as long as he doesn't have an injury history, he'll be fine. They don't have to give him a second contract. We badly need to get a DT.

Reactions: CWR

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Cowboys last 10 # 2 picks................Will McClay sucking wind along with his boss.

2023:
Luke Schoonmaker 2022:
Sam Williams 2021:
Kelvin Joseph 2020:
Trevon Diggs 2019:
Trysten Hill 2018:
Connor Williams 2017:
Chidobe Awuzie 2016:
Jaylon Smith 2015:
Randy Gregory 2014:
DeMarcus Lawrence 2013:
Need to give Schoonmaker and Williams at least 3 years before making a decision. Joseph a bust. Hill a bust. Smith a bust. Gregory still playing. Lawrence has been an excellent pick, Awuzie has made a nice career. Diggs has been excellent. Williams was average here, was good in Miami at C. So 3 busts, 2 good, 2 above average. I'd guess that is at least average overall.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Some of the things I've been hearing about Payton Wilson's injury situation seem pretty scary to me. It seems he's been "through the mill" with the injuries during his college days, including a host of things like knee, ankle, shoulder injuries, etc., etc. There are some good alternatives, though, even if they aren't quite the stud that he is when he's healthy. We might be obliged to settle for one of the slightly lesser LBs, due to that situation.

Reactions: CWR

Carson

Reaction score
Some of the things I've been hearing about Payton Wilson's injury situation seem pretty scary to me. It seems he's been "through the mill" with the injuries during his college days, including a host of things like knee, ankle, shoulder injuries, etc., etc. There are some good alternatives, though, even if they aren't quite the stud that he is when he's healthy. We might be obliged to settle for one of the slightly lesser LBs, due to that situation.
Hes my favorite prospect for sure.

But i am ok with Colson or Cooper

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah that and age. I think I'd pass.

CWR

Reaction score
Just as long as he doesn't have an injury history, he'll be fine. They don't have to give him a second contract. We badly need to get a DT.
I wonder how prone they are to go DT high again. Jerry might think of it as an admission of Mazi busting. Although, we need DTs period.

My only hesitation at the position is how bad we are at drafting DT.