Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

Carson

Reaction score
Guys one thing to remember that at this point in the draft all the players' scouting grades are so close anybody can be the pick.

And when you grade this draft for the Cowboys remember they turned two 5ths into Gilmore and Cooks. Can't lose sight of that.
So you have a bunch of corners on rental contracts. Trice or Rush isn’t better?

Izzy doesn’t boost the speed in the backfield?

Charlie Jones doesn’t make our receiver room better?

It just seems every pick so far has been only what they want to do. Not a single player has been close to being the best available guy.

Fehoko just don’t do much to help us here. He’s likely 2-3 years away from producing. It just feels like a Bradlee Anae type pick

817Gill

Reaction score
So they are counting on Smith to play 17 games at LT? Really? Not much of a plan.
Nope, they are relying on Waletzko to be the swing. From what I’ve seen in his limited snaps and from the FO’s messaging he seems to be at a place where he can handle the job.

The key to the OL isn’t the starting LG like many of us thought, it’s swing T.

Not saying that it’s going to work, but they are the ones who see Wally. If they have determined he’s a real swing then we are 10 deep at OL without a day 3 IOL pick.

There’s logic there it’s just dependent on the swing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Also a 2024 4th….don’t make it sound better than what it was. And a swap of 7ths.
For a RB that doesn’t replace Miles Sanders.
The only plus is that this is another move by Philly where they are just replacing someone who was already great for them. The Eagles are holding ground. Unfortunately, the ground they are holding is Super Bowl ground.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Viliami Fehoko EDGE, SJST

Height: 6-4, Weight: 276

Grade: A

Advanced rusher who's strong and has a thick EDGE frame. Multiple years of high-level productivity. Athleticism is a little concerning. Love the depth at the position for Dallas here. (Chris Trapasso)

-

Bathe in it, haters.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Don't know how fans can hate picks before they even put on a helmet.

All these guys the experts are gushing over now can turn into busts. Even the untouchable Eagles aren't immune from this possibility.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Nope, they are relying on Waletzko to be the swing. From what I’ve seen in his limited snaps and from the FO’s messaging he seems to be at a place where he can handle the job.

The key to the OL isn’t the starting LG like many of us thought, it’s swing T.

Not saying that it’s going to work, but they are the ones who see Wally. If they have determined he’s a real swing then we are 10 deep at OL without a day 3 IOL pick.

There’s logic there it’s just dependent on the swing.
I am trying to convince myself Peters told Jerry that he’ll show up in August.

kevm3

Reaction score
So you have a bunch of corners on rental contracts. Trice or Rush isn’t better?

Izzy doesn’t boost the speed in the backfield?

Charlie Jones doesn’t make our receiver room better?

It just seems every pick so far has been only what they want to do. Not a single player has been close to being the best available guy.
Sadly I don't even understand what they are trying to do. Like who is Overshown going to overtake? Who is Fehoko going to replace? The Mazi pick makes sense, but I don't really see how the other guys drafted will make a huge impact. We better hope that the TE is Witten 2.0