Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

Mannix

Reaction score

Viliami Fehoko EDGE, SJST

Height: 6-4, Weight: 276

Grade: A

Advanced rusher who's strong and has a thick EDGE frame. Multiple years of high-level productivity. Athleticism is a little concerning. Love the depth at the position for Dallas here. (Chris Trapasso)

-

Bathe in it, haters.
Mickey Spagnola has opinions too....who in the hell knows Chris Trapasso? Just sayin

MikeT22

Reaction score
I like our picks in general but if you told me they come out of it without either an OL or RB capable of contributing right away I wouldn’t have believed it.

They need to add a back. Not numbers wise, but performance wise.
It’s a defense draft this year. Last year 5 of our firsts 6 picks were on offense.

No joke, we actually do this often.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
MM is known for using OL's most dont like and making them better..yes i know "The holding" thing but a change in scheme can go a long way to correcting some of the OL issues.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Aka bargain bin shopping. I don't want lots of FAs. I want GOOD ones
All they think about is filling spots, who cares about the quality. This is all due to job security for them. The Eagle GM has more urgency because his job is on the line. Same for some of the other front offices. wow, what a concept.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes. I think a good back will be there at 176. It’s G I am worried about. In my eyes the last 2 picks have been pure best available on their board.
I think the odds of getting a OG at this point in this draft are slim to none. They will pick someone but he will not be ready to play in 2023.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would say he looks like a possible Armstrong, who's been a solid pass rusher.
Forgot we even had him. Finally depth in the front seven.

Fehoko looks like a guy who will kick inside on nickel much more than your typical edge rusher. I don’t see him getting around the better tackles in the league, and he is buried on the depth chart a bit at edge.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Ticket guys are saying…why isn’t MM pounding the table for offense.

And questioning that these picks other than the 1st round aren’t starters, but looking at 2024 and 2025.
Is that good or bad.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So you have a bunch of corners on rental contracts. Trice or Rush isn’t better?

Izzy doesn’t boost the speed in the backfield?

Charlie Jones doesn’t make our receiver room better?

It just seems every pick so far has been only what they want to do. Not a single player has been close to being the best available guy.

Fehoko just don’t do much to help us here. He’s likely 2-3 years away from producing. It just feels like a Bradlee Anae type pick
They aren't best available if you base it on consensus internet rankings. They will never draft that way so its time to accept it and deal with it. They appear to be preselecting the players they want and ranking them higher than everyone else so they can claim they were way up on their board. Its becoming obvious that their board is nothing similar to anyone else's rankings. It's really not even worth watching if you are going to get pissed that they aren't sticking to consensus rankings. I just check in periodically to catch their latest pick and get more confirmation that they are in their own world and don't care what anyone else thinks about the players.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

And questioning that these picks other than the 1st round aren’t starters, but looking at 2024 and 2025.
Is that good or bad.
They had holes to fill but seem to be trying to fill holes that are a year or two down the line.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
you don't draft a player of position just to draft a player for the position, you draft BPA regardless of position, follow your board...that's what Dallas is doing, unlike in the past which got them in trouble
Do not agree with that at all. Schoomaker had a 3rd round grade at best, and Torrence had a1/2. So that blows that theory. Also, best player at need - Oline was the biggest need coming into the draft, and ......

Carson

Reaction score

Is that good or bad.
It’s bad. It’s saying we are ok not winning right now but staying relevant

kevm3

Reaction score
How much better will replacing Neville Gallimore make this team versus replacing Ball on the O line? Or getting an actual runningback?

We're drafting players to replace players at positions we are already relatively strong at.