Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Ticket guys are saying…why isn’t MM pounding the table for offense.

And questioning that these picks other than the 1st round aren’t starters, but looking at 2024 and 2025.
Is that good or bad.
I'd think Schoonmaker is looked at as a potential starter. Overshown might be in the competition for the nickel role manned last year by Barr. Fehoko could compete to be a nickel rusher inside.

Carson

Reaction score
They aren't best available if you base it on consensus internet rankings. They will never draft that way so it’s time to accept it and deal with it. They appear to be preselecting the players they want and ranking them higher than everyone else so they can claim they were way up on their board. It’s becoming obvious that their board is nothing similar to anyone else's rankings. It's really not even worth watching if you are going to get pissed that they aren't sticking to consensus rankings. I just check in periodically to catch their latest pick and get more confirmation that they are in their own world and don't care what anyone else thinks about the players.
We aren’t frustrated. We just seemed to have some holes that have been neglected to be filled.

Carson

Reaction score
How much better will replacing Neville Gallimore make this team versus replacing Ball on the O line? Or getting an actual runningback?
My thoughts exactly. Seems they are ok with Chuma come week 2

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How much better will replacing Neville Gallimore make this team versus replacing Ball on the O line? Or getting an actual runningback?
Gallimore is a rotational DT. Ball is a backup OL who isn't expected to play unless something goes horribly wrong.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'd think Schoonmaker is looked at as a potential starter. Overshown might be in the competition for the nickel role manned last year by Barr. Fehoko could compete to be a nickel rusher inside.
This 100%

blueblood70

Reaction score
FANS TAKE NOTE...

September is 5months from now,

the draft isnt the last of roster building , there's no deadline but what the SB.. teams trade add cut and churn the roster all year.. given 5 months to go, lots of VET FA are available now and more so once cuts happen ..trades also can happen this roster isnt set by any stretch of the imagination and making claims as if what we are now is what we will be a month into the season is premature.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Do not agree with that at all. Schoomaker had a 3rd round grade at best, and Torrence had a1/2. So that blows that theory. Also, best player at need - Oline was the biggest need coming into the draft, and ......
They aren't playing with anyone elses rankings. They are artificially inflating the rankings of the handful of players they have preselected so that they are at the top of their board. Until you realize what they are doing, you will be forever frustrated. They are not allowing the draft to come to them and taking BPA. They are choosing who they want beforehand and putting them on the board in spots they know they will be available. Who has fallen to them makes no difference. Its a horrible way to approach the draft.

kevm3

Reaction score
FANS TAKE NOTE...

September is 5months from now,

the draft isnt the last of roster building , there's no deadline but what the SB.. teams trade add cut and churn the roster all year.. given 5 months to go, lots of VET FA are available now and more so once cuts happen ..trades also can happen this roster isnt set by any stretch of the imagination and making claims as if what we are now is what we will be a month into the season is premature.

We've already seen historically this team is passive in free agency... what is our solution? Get some roster cuts to fill in at rb and o line?

Putting the majority of the running workload on a pollard coming off of injury is not a good solution... looks like zeke will be back

Gambit

Reaction score
hey eagles fan 27 posts , right we see you..

5 months from now?? its not just possible its going to happen..jeez go get Eagles jersey and move on from here already, eagles got beat by RBBC of KC full of no name Rbs.. there dl got ran over and their rbs got stopped cold .. anything else?
Number of posts is important too you eh?

Does that in anyway change the question?

The point is bemoaning two different teams current RB make up in April is silly.

We generally take 6 rbs to camp, a lot will change between now and then.

Also, ad homs are welcomed as they further bolster my position.

Carson

Reaction score
We've already seen historically this team is passive in free agency... what is our solution? Get some roster cuts to fill in at rb and o line?

Putting the majority of the running workload on a pollard coming off of injury is not a good solution... looks like zeke will be back
Running back doesn’t worry me much..

Pollard is fine, Jones can play, Davis flashed as well

Guard is what worries me

Mr_437

Reaction score
I said it Day one this isn't going to be a sexy draft, but a gritty draft and it's showing.