Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

Cumart21

Reaction score
Could be. Who knows? That's what the games are for.

Last year, the Eagles got Jordan Davis, who many of us wanted as that gargantuan nose tackle with the potential to be more. We took Tyler Smith. It appears after one year that we made the better pick, but no one would have suspected that last year.
AND people loved the Eagles draft last year. Look at it a year later. That's why I don't watch the draft coverage because it drives me crazy!

kevm3

Reaction score
AND people loved the Eagles draft last year. Look at it a year later. That's why I don't watch the draft coverage because it drives me crazy!

Eagles were in the superbowl last year and 10 points away from hoisting up another superbowl trophy.

All of their draft picks may not pan out but they have an AGGRESSIVE approach towards team building and the results show. They went from being our punching bag to being in the superbowl. Meanwhile, we are cruising along in mediocrity with 2nd round as our ceiling.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Again it's not the player, I think everyone we have drafted are decent players - it's the decisions and the fits the team needs. Fehoko could become a great rotational linemean in a couple of years. (I also had hopes for Anae).
But for 2023/24 this team is weak. And didn't have to be. !
This team looks better than it was last year. It improved at receiver with the trade for Brandin Cooks. It improved at cornerback with the trade for Stephon Gilmore. It improved at DT by drafting Mazi Smith, if only against the run. May be better at tight end.

Offensive line is about the same, with Edoga replacing McGovern's roster spot. Quarterback is the same. Defensive end is the same (since I think Fehoko will be a rush tackle). Linebacker may be improved with the addition of Overshown. Safety is about the same

Running back is questionable, although at the end of the year Elliott wasn't better than signing Jones II for cheap. Kicker is questionable, but we could re-sign Maher.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Eagles were in the superbowl last year and 10 points away from hoisting up another superbowl trophy.

All of their draft picks may not pan out but they have an AGGRESSIVE approach towards team building and the results show. They went from being our punching bag to being in the superbowl. Meanwhile, we are cruising along in mediocrity with 2nd round as our ceiling.
Is that so?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Is there anyone they could have drafted that would be the starter?

Bamx

Reaction score

Not taking anything from getting into the Super bowl, but it should be also mentioned that the Eagles had a super easy schedule plus the injury bug didn't hit them very hard. Also, the Cowboys were in the game to the very end versus Philly on the road with a backup QB that threw 3 picks.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Also a 2024 4th….don’t make it sound better than what it was. And a swap of 7ths.
For a RB that doesn’t replace Miles Sanders.
Yeah I was told that. I was in the other room and didnt hear the whole trade. Saw it was 2025 4th round pick. I think Swift is a better runner than sanders