Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

Cumart21

Reaction score
We lost our OC. You think it's going to affect our offense? Players play the game and Eagles are still the team to beat.
The Cowboys didn't "lose" their OC. If the Birds could still have their OC, they would. The Eagles will be the team to beat going in to the season, but that doesn't mean they'll go to the SB again.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
At 26 Nolan Smith would start over Dorance Armstong (though you may flip him with Micah, maybe come up with a hybrid situation between those two), Mayer you could have had at TE, Brian Branch would have been a phenomenal nickel/box safety, Brian Bresee would have slid in as your premier 3-tech, I liked Keion White a lot, I think he’d be special in Quinn’s defense. He’s a DE that can slide into DT on passing downs like Justin Tuck used to.

In the second round O’cyrus Torrance was on the board, he’s a day 1 starter and you can hold Steele to be the swing tackle(Tyron health not withstanding) like Jerry insinuated. Sydney Brown would probably win out the second safety spot next to Wilson, that’d be a strong combo/save Kearse for situational scheme advantages. Possibly Darnell Washington if the knee thing isn’t a big deal. I thought Luke Musgrave was the most underrated TE in the draft.
A rookie starting over a guy who actually produced 8.5 sacks in the NFL? You for certain about that?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys didn't "lose" their OC. If the Birds could still have their OC, they would. The Eagles will be the team to beat going in to the season, but that doesn't mean they'll go to the SB again.
Obviously.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Don’t forget the super bowl loser curse.

Aven8

Reaction score
At 26 Nolan Smith would start over Dorance Armstong (though you may flip him with Micah, maybe come up with a hybrid situation between those two), Mayer you could have had at TE, Brian Branch would have been a phenomenal nickel/box safety, Brian Bresee would have slid in as your premier 3-tech, I liked Keion White a lot, I think he’d be special in Quinn’s defense. He’s a DE that can slide into DT on passing downs like Justin Tuck used to.

In the second round O’cyrus Torrance was on the board, he’s a day 1 starter and you can hold Steele to be the swing tackle(Tyron health not withstanding) like Jerry insinuated. Sydney Brown would probably win out the second safety spot next to Wilson, that’d be a strong combo/save Kearse for situational scheme advantages. Possibly Darnell Washington if the knee thing isn’t a big deal. I thought Luke Musgrave was the most underrated TE in the draft.
Nolan is 240lbs. He will get crushed in the run game unless he’s an OLB.

Aven8

Reaction score
He's build 2 super bowl teams with 3 different QBs in 5 years. He's the best in the business. He doesn't hit on every pick. Nobody does
And all of that is from trades. Bradford, Wentz, etc. he’s the best at that. He doesn’t wait long for a prospect which I like.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A rookie starting over a guy who actually produced 8.5 sacks in the NFL? You for certain about that?
Smith was like the third best edge prospect in the draft. How talented do you believe Armstrong is? Would you be willing to give Dorance a contract in excess of 15m$ a year?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith was like the third best edge prospect in the draft. How talented do you believe Armstrong is? Would you be willing to give Dorance a contract in excess of 15m$ a year?
Dorrance faded as the season went on. He was a non-factor and losing snaps to Sam Williams the last 8 games.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would agree if we had added a corner and WR.
Both Cooks and Gilmore will be great "elder statesmen" and true professionals, who will teach younger guys to be NLF players. Even our vets can learn from them, but adding players would also have helped for development as well.
Oline is worse, and if they move Dmith back to LG - I'll be pissed. At this point sign Risner from Broncos.

MM talked about helping the offense with this draft, the TE will help, I think he will be better than advertised. But taking the blinking light OG that fell in your lap would have helped more and changed the direction of this draft.
My opinion doesn't mean squat, but I really dislike what they've done here.
Do Gilmore and Cooks not make us better this year?

I haven't understand this great desire to add a WR and CB in this draft.

At receiver, we have Lamb, Cooks and Gallup (second year removed from injury) and we have a developmental third-rounder from last year in Tolbert and a UDFA that showed promise in Houston. We also have a punt returner in Turpin who could be used more at receiver. While you can improve any position, I'm OK with giving the young guys we've got a chance to develop in their second year behind those vets.

At corner, we have Gilmore, Diggs and Bland as our top three. We have Lewis as a backup (and could re-sign Brown if we want more depth; Brown as a backup instead of a starter is an improvement). This gives Joseph another year to show whether he was worth that second-round pick before we move on to making getting another corner a priority.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nolan is 240lbs. He will get crushed in the run game unless he’s an OLB.
Nolan was literally the best run defending edge in all of college football last year, no joke.

He’s not just good at it, he’s elite at it. It’s easy to say a player is X weight so that means he can or can’t do something, but he delivers. Aaron Donald when he came out was way too small to be a productive DT at the nfl level. DeVonta Smith would never be able to stay healthy how skinny he is. Bryce Young can’t be the #1 pick because he’s too light… but all of those guys were so insanely good in college that it translated. We’re not talking about a small school guy going up against 250lb LT’s. This guy was ravaging the SEC.

Nolan Smith had 2 comps coming out of college: Haason Reddick’s combine weight was 230lbs, and Von Miller’s was 246. Whether he is a hit or a miss, I don’t believe his weight will have anything to do with it

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I get the concern at OL because of Tyron's injury history and lord knows if they took one instead of the TE i would not have complained...the truth is this FO sees the starting 5 OL as better than anyone they could draft, simple fact, so they went TE because they feel he will be a day one starter... I dont love it but its very understandable because IF Tyron holds you just used that spot for a backup when the TE should give you 17 games and TE1 production..again you dont have to love it but there is logic to it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't expect us to do much in FA other than maybe re-signing Maher and possibly Zeke. Dallas usually likes to wait to see what it has in camp and then maybe make a move near the end of camp if they feel like a position isn't working out as well as they hoped.
My point is that they have plenty of time to address perceived weaknesses.