Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would not trade our draft last year for theirs. Would you?
My only problem with this logic is that most of the Eagles players ended up being backups because they had better players ahead of them. Since we don't make good use of free agency, our draft picks often have to play bigger roles because we don't put better players in front of them.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Right at this moment, if Antonio Johnson from A&M drops, I'd take him over all the rest. Get a 2-3rd round talent in the 5th. Next year when Kearse and Hookers contracts are up, you would have Wilson, Johnson and Mukumu at those three spots. Not too bad.

Nevermind, taken while I was typing.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn's dad is the college scouting director that's really the only reason I'm putting that out there. He was highly productive at KSU but he's really small.

slick325

Reaction score
With about 15 picks to go, I like:

AT Perry - WR
Corey Trice - CN
Jaylyn Duncan - OT
JL Skinner - S (comparison is Kearse)

Redmond and Carter II at Edge remain interesting
I saw a lot of Jaelyn Duncan during his college career. I would take a chance on him in the 5th. He played tackle but his best position could be Guard. He needs to work on finishing plays off. Not a naturally nasty player but athletic. That athleticism would do well for him at Guard.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We probably go offense this round. Don't be surprised if we pick Deuce Vaughn if he's available.
I don't think we'll pick a fast, small back. I think it could be Zach Evans, maybe Eric Gray or Dewayne McBride if we go back here.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn's dad is the college scouting director that's really the only reason I'm putting that out there. He was highly productive at KSU but he's really small.
assistant scouting director*

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Forgot we even had him. Finally depth in the front seven.

Fehoko looks like a guy who will kick inside on nickel much more than your typical edge rusher. I don’t see him getting around the better tackles in the league, and he is buried on the depth chart a bit at edge.

Exactly, and it's quality depth

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I saw a lot of Jaelyn Duncan during his college career. I would take a chance on him in the 5th. He played tackle but his best position could be Guard. He needs to work on finishing plays off. Not a naturally nasty player but athletic. That athleticism would do well for him at Guard.

And he might be good enough to bounce Ball